Re: The Scythian Galactic Codex 80k VIEWS?! but 1 new moc

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

AirborneNinja
Battlefield General

Post by AirborneNinja » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:59 am

What size would a minifig be in comparison to these microspace ships?

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:51 am

I believe I can speak for Shadowscythe here, as the ships are in Warhead Scale, Approximately what yours are built in.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:34 am

Yep indeedy - the ships are in "Warhead" scale, but I did start off in the original "Microspace" scale for my first ships.

As a note - I have added a new page to the wiki - which people can go forth and add things too if they have anything - http://brikwars.wikispaces.com/Walking_Tanks
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:26 am

The Shadowscythe wrote:Yep indeedy - the ships are in "Warhead" scale, .....
Just curious, is there anywhere on the forum or Wiki where these various ship scales are defined?

Thanks
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

The Shadowscythe
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:00 am

Daniel wrote:
Just curious, is there anywhere on the forum or Wiki where these various ship scales are defined?

Thanks
I'm now getting tired of people forever trying to associate scales, measurements and units to appropriate areas of awesome - so what I am going to say is thus -

Start off with a frigate being approxamately 6 to 10 studs long (as appropriate) and build up from there, just keep it sensible and you'll be fine - there is absolutely no need to try and shoe-horn everything into a bleeding spreadsheet of scales and sizes.

The only reason I adopted it was because I could see just how much extra detail and aweome he could fit into one of his ships - and I just went from there, if you want to build smaller for playability - go ahead, if you want to build larger for looks, go ahead - just for the love of god - BUILD, and don't be afraid of everyone else and their scale sizes.

Now I've said that - go and have some damn fun already, fuck knows the forum needs it. :roll: :wink: :lol:
Spoiler
Show

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:12 am

The Shadowscythe wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Thanks
I'm now getting tired of people forever trying to associate scales, measurements and units to appropriate areas of awesome - so what I am going to say is thus -

Start off with a frigate being approxamately 6 to 10 studs long (as appropriate) and build up from there, just keep it sensible and you'll be fine - there is absolutely no need to try and shoe-horn everything into a bleeding spreadsheet of scales and sizes.

The only reason I adopted it was because I could see just how much extra detail and aweome he could fit into one of his ships - and I just went from there, if you want to build smaller for playability - go ahead, if you want to build larger for looks, go ahead - just for the love of god - BUILD, and don't be afraid of everyone else and their scale sizes.

Now I've said that - go and have some damn fun already, fuck knows the forum needs it. :roll: :wink: :lol:
Wow did I push someone's button or what?

As someone who is way new, I just wanted to know what all the scale are. I just see the people here talk about these as if they were defined and thus wanted to understand. I have seen comments about 100 stud limits etc. I could not give a rat's ass about any spread sheets and am OK with the idea that the scales might not be defined.

And your overall point is well taken. :D
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:17 am

The onehundred stud thing is actually one hundred and ten, and it's for minifig scale cruisers. The 110 rule is the lower limit of a gigantic Lego SHIP, and it doesn't apply to microscale.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:53 pm

Well, I was challenged to build it - and I attempted it . . . I didn't have enough ball joints to build an actual Tarantula - so here is a (hopefully awesome) second best . . . ladies, gentlemen and small children addicted to gratuitous violence, I present to yee -

- SYCTHIAN RIGEL KENTAURUS MILITARY CATALOUGES -

- INFANTRY FIGHTING VEHICLE -

- BLACK WIDOW INFANTRY FIGHTING VEHICLE -

The Tarantula is now the complete sucsessor to the aging Armadillo design, but during the Tarantula's design phase - a number of hull configurations, weapon systems and power systems where tested and failed before the final model rolled off of the production lines at Rigel Kentaurus.

One of the "Failed" configurations was the T-MBT-PPT-682 (Tarantula-Main Battle Tank-Prototype-model 682) which was faster than the main line model, but featured an open top troop compartment, considerably thinner armour - but suffered from major power distribution issues.

In the end, the T-MBT-PPT-682 was fated to never leave the skunkworks of Rigel Kentaurus until the design was adopted by the Scythian Royal Marines.

Despite the vehicles many short comings, it showed promise as a light, fast attack vehicle that could perform skirmishing actions and hit and run attacks in highly urbanised areas and dense terrain. The design was adopted, and then completely re-worked solely for the use of the Royal marines - and so the "Black Widow" was born.

Pictured above is the Black Widow in it's standard configuration, with the main turret slot empty, and a single underside laser cannon for dealing with infantry threats.

Note the side panels for access, armoured rear compartment, and cargo netting for battlefield utility usage.

Here is the main turret option (one of two) the turreted Heavy Laser/multi missile launcher. The assembly for the Heavy Laser has been lifted directly from the rail gun assembly of the Armadillo (the Black Widows spiritual ancestor) and then adapted over to modern laser weaponry standards. The multi missile launcher has been lifted directly from the Armadillo with missile to no change, except for a slightly lower ammunition count.

The secondary turret option (of two) is an Anti-air Laser beam cannon, which differs from standard Scythian lasers in that it fires twin beams rather than blasts, and dissects enemy aircraft rather than blasting chunks out of them.

As a final noteworthy addition to the Black Widows design - the side ladders can also act as pontoons for Scythian Marines to use to fire from in a hot situation for additional fire support.

C&C is as always appreciated - lemme know what ya'll think! :twisted:
Spoiler
Show

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:20 pm

Oh my god! You actually made something out of lego!
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:22 pm

Love the weapons on that thing, especially the turreted Heavy Laser/multi missile launcher. Great to see you making stuff. I hope you would want my honesty here so I have to say that the wheels just don't look right. Too small or something. The rest is good.

Also, I wonder if you can break down those battle suits for me sometime. They look badass and I need to know what I'm short on if I'm to attempt one.

PrimalAge
Hero

Post by PrimalAge » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:52 pm

I wants the troopers you can keep your ultimate tank of doom and gloom but I want the Heavy troopers guarding it
We the Techno Damned Salute you who are evil and zombie like!

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:38 am

501stCadians wrote:Oh my god! You actually made something out of lego!
Yes, quite the surprise eh?
Warhead wrote:Love the weapons on that thing, especially the turreted Heavy Laser/multi missile launcher. Great to see you making stuff. I hope you would want my honesty here so I have to say that the wheels just don't look right. Too small or something. The rest is good.

Also, I wonder if you can break down those battle suits for me sometime. They look badass and I need to know what I'm short on if I'm to attempt one.
Heh, I loved the Armadillo turret so much I couldn't bear with breaking it apart - so I shrunk it down a little and came out with this newer version - part of my likes it more than the old one, but part of me also misses the longer barrel, so I'm a little 50/50 over the whole design.

As for the legs, I have to agree with you - they do seem a little off, but I couldn't go with anything else due to lack of parts. I think it works better with the Tarantula design as they have 6 legs instead of 4.
PrimalAge wrote:I wants the troopers you can keep your ultimate tank of doom and gloom but I want the Heavy troopers guarding it
Also - To both comments, I kinda stole the design for the SIBAS off of someone else, but I did provide the link earlier in the thread.

The link again is here - http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/115721 and it does include a parts break down for the "original" model - and I've made a few cosmetic alterations which I'll re-post in picture form now.

ImageImageImage

(Unfortunately - phone camera are SUCK! but hey, there we go!)

And with this, I disappear into the Ether again to work on something else!
Spoiler
Show

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:55 pm

Did I get it right? Close enough? Forget the colours I'm just testing for the correct parts first.

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:36 pm

Yes indeed sire, that looks to be right! You are now the proud owner of +1 SIBAS suit, have fun and blow shit up! :twisted:
Spoiler
Show

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:55 am

Good, then these will come in handy for you in the coming war bro.