A little something for Warhead . . .

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

A little something for Warhead . . .

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:15 pm

Yeah, after watching Zombie Zulu for a few weeks now - I decided to have a little play around with LDD, and came up with an idea I think Warhead will appreciate! -

Warhead had the Creeper, Stalker and Ripper, and I loved the design of them, and while I was sat in the university laundry department - I got bored, so I present to you - the Hunter! :D

Twin Multigore Chain-fists and Twin heavy laser systems make up the armament of this beast - capable to mincing foes at extreme long and close range.

Much like its brethren, it can climb up and along walls, of even ceilings - but its longer legs allow the Hunter to spear minifigs as it traverses the battlefield - and allows it the height advantage to take down minifigs on top of first floor structures - and even light vehicles.

Inside the hyperglass(tm) enclosure - a powerful crystal of mysterious power . . . lord only knows what unholy energies power the Hunters dark intentions!

The sight of a single hunter on the battlefield spells doom . . . but the legions of the undead dance macabre may have hundreds of these monstrosities under its command . . .

Lemme know what Ya'll thing! :D

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Zahru II » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Definitely cool.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Ross_Varn » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Aw jeez. I'm afraid to ask how much LDD priced it as.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:06 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:Aw jeez. I'm afraid to ask how much LDD priced it as.

According to LDD, £16.73

I'm willing to bet if I go through the lego pick a brick page with the appropriate number of parts - I could get 3 for that price.

As a matter of fact, I'm about to go find out.

The Shadowscythe

Postby BFenix » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:15 pm

wow, scary AND awesome! a cool heavy infantry unit, definitely deadly
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:28 pm

Heh, thanks! I just await the Warheads word! (sounds like some kind of kids TV show . . . on crack . . . acid . . . and J+B's mum . . . )

According to pick a brick - It would cost £7.34 for each Hunter - So I could build 2 for the price LDD wanted to give me . . .

Hrrrrm, a plan I concuct! :D

The Shadowscythe

Postby Ross_Varn » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:55 pm

YES! An actual PROOF that LDD's pricing is ridiculous. Finally. I'm going to go make a bunch of stuff and re-price it. meheheheh...
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby OneEye589 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:22 pm

I think it would be cool if you made another one of these that had chainsaws for feet.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Bragallot » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:28 pm

To make a lethal amount of noise when walking on hard soil? Btw I can't see these pics :evil:
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby Warhead » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:46 pm

Shadowscythe! Wow, what can I say. This is awesome. Thank you, I'm delighted my man, absolutely delighted. I just threw some bits together to give the zombies some power so they weren't too dull and wow, you took it to a new level. Finally LDD that I can see a use for. I think I have loads of these parts in my inventory with the exception of the eight spoke plate which are all in use. I must get more.

Some small points and advice that can be ignored.

I think giving it eight legs might be best, I'm not sure if stability will be an issue otherwise but it looks great as it is anyway and seriously deranged.

Normally I use trans neon yellow crystals for the Undeads, I think it has a more spooky quality but that's just me.

The white horns are good for spikes but alternatively have a look on Briklink under Other: You will find some nice blades from the Rock Monster Crystal King
http://www.bricklink.com/browseList.asp ... String=143

And look under Animal accessories or whatever and it has white or black sharks teeth looking things, I used them on the Ripper. I need millions of those.
http://www.bricklink.com/browseList.asp ... String=148
Warhead
Build me an Army worthy of Mordor

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:32 pm

Warhead wrote:Shadowscythe! Wow, what can I say. This is awesome. Thank you, I'm delighted my man, absolutely delighted. I just threw some bits together to give the zombies some power so they weren't too dull and wow, you took it to a new level. Finally LDD that I can see a use for. I think I have loads of these parts in my inventory with the exception of the eight spoke plate which are all in use. I must get more.

Some small points and advice that can be ignored.

I think giving it eight legs might be best, I'm not sure if stability will be an issue otherwise but it looks great as it is anyway and seriously deranged.

Normally I use trans neon yellow crystals for the Undeads, I think it has a more spooky quality but that's just me.

The white horns are good for spikes but alternatively have a look on Briklink under Other: You will find some nice blades from the Rock Monster Crystal King
http://www.bricklink.com/browseList.asp ... String=143

And look under Animal accessories or whatever and it has white or black sharks teeth looking things, I used them on the Ripper. I need millions of those.
http://www.bricklink.com/browseList.asp ... String=148

Heh, I just loved the theme - I didn't realise you'd just thrown them together! XD I just formed the idea of what would be the natural progression of the original idea, going from creepers, to stalkers - and then rippers, what would be the "big brother" of those beasties?

As for the legs - the only reason I didn't add 8 legs - was because LDD threw a fit at adding them at 45 degree angles, you're more than allowed to add them, as a matter of fact - I emplore you to! I have the 8 sided pieces myself - but not skellies, or enough black "Light sabre" blades to give it the legs/arms, and I'd love to see this beast actually built! :D

As for the red crystal - It was just first on the list, that was the only reason I chose it over the yellow (which was also there).

As for the shark teeth and blades - I'm thinking of ordering all the parts from pick a brick and assembling them myself just as "show" pieces, and I can always put the parts to other uses afterwards.

It was just a piece of fun while I was freezing my buttocks off in the university laundry room - I'm actually surprised with how well its gone down! :D

The Shadowscythe

Postby Warhead » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:43 pm

Haha, yeah boredom and a freezing ass sometimes helps with concentration on other things.

I'll see what I can do, the colours may be different. I've used many of the rods I have but I may have odds and sods lying about. Not tonight though.

The Zombie Dawn players must be cursing you for this btw.
Warhead
Build me an Army worthy of Mordor

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:48 pm

Warhead wrote:Haha, yeah boredom and a freezing ass sometimes helps with concentration on other things.

I'll see what I can do, the colours may be different. I've used many of the rods I have but I may have odds and sods lying about. Not tonight though.

The Zombie Dawn players must be cursing you for this btw.

=D I thought this placed had already figured out that most of my cognitive capacity comes from my rear! =D

As I said before - My method of time keeping mostly consists of "at some point" so there we go! =D

And as for Zombie Dawn players - I just made the model, it's up to you to design the stats for such a beast! (although, I did imagine it as being the centre point of an army during my design playabouts)

The Shadowscythe

Postby Ross_Varn » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:05 pm

Alright, now I have to try one of these.

[s] Thanks Shadowscythe. [/sarcasam]

Let's see... time to get to work. :twisted:
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Ross_Varn » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Alright. This is what I came up with. However, it doesn't exactly fit in with the rest of them I guess.

Meet the Chaser. A giant zombie mech, the Chaser class mechas specialize in tearing down buildings with their huge flail and chain-gun combo.

Yeah, it's not very good... I bow in acceptance of Shadowscythe's superior mech-building skills. Now back to building bases that I will never be able to afford.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Next

Return to The Armoury