Kaplan WIP

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Kaplan WIP

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Since the Shapiro was scrapped I started building its replacement, the Kaplan. Here are some WIP pics. So far its armed with two railguns, a shoop laser, 4 super heavy laser cannons and 2 flak guns.

Props to Natalya for that one.

Why yes, that is an Awesome district 9 poster in the background.

BTW the other ship is the begginings of Marx's Fury The U.S.S.S.R's replacement for Marx's Revenge.

My favorite part so far, sorry about the pics but I didn't want to get all fancy just for a WIP

The other poster is from Be Kind, Rewind

Well hope you like it, I'll post pics when it's done.

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:09 pm

Looks a lot like something AF would make, do like the colour stripe.
Last edited by james+burgundy on Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:30 pm

There you go again, posting with a dildo up yar ass. Take it off vibrate at least and you might hit the right keys next time. That and your talking a load of shite.

Sorry Cpt Zipps, I felt it had to be done. I like the greebles on the sides Zipps and that main gun on top is looking even better than before. I notice you've been paying attention to what others have done with their ships but have used the ideas with your own style and execution. I'm looking forward to seeing this finished. The red ship in the background looks very interesting too.

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:22 pm

Anyone with half a brain can agree that it does look like something AF would make, the long and narrow profile, side opening guns, elevated structure coming out, and the super laser. Not sure why you care to get upset that I would comment on it, I mean its not like I can't make a fair review of a build.
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:14 am

Yeah I don't take it as an insult at all. I think everyone on ths site was inspired by the Sonks.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:33 am

As a WIP, I like the basic shape you have going, but I'm hoping the final version will have the same level of detailing as your previous Super Sandwich Guy ship. There are some flat surfaces on the sides, near the white section on the front and on the shoop cannon's turret, that could use some SNOT. Also you might want to add some structures on the bottom to counterbalance the shoop cannon turret on top. The weapons are awesome though, and I like the detail you do have. Keep up the good work.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:31 am

Very ultramarinesque colour scheme. Looks okay.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:42 pm

Theblackdog wrote:As a WIP, I like the basic shape you have going, but I'm hoping the final version will have the same level of detailing as your previous Super Sandwich Guy ship. There are some flat surfaces on the sides, near the white section on the front and on the shoop cannon's turret, that could use some SNOT. Also you might want to add some structures on the bottom to counterbalance the shoop cannon turret on top. The weapons are awesome though, and I like the detail you do have. Keep up the good work.
Oh, it'll be better the the Shapiro in every way but it won'y be done for a while since I'm going to the Provincial Geography Challenge and I have to study.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:14 pm

I like it. I think that everyone pointed out all the detail stuff, but my favorite part has to be the color scheme.

Now I have to go make some stuff.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:14 pm

I wait untill I've finished all of the bulkheads to do little things like greebles, comm arrays and the like but there a few that go in before.

eclipse
Champion
Champion

Post by eclipse » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:50 pm

I can't wait for this to be done.