Green District Police Force

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Green District Police Force

Post by aoffan23 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:38 pm

The "Green District" is the military designation for the GTA (Greater Toronto Area). They are recognized by the military due to the fact that their police force has, on occasion, also acted as a military corps.

A view of the current units in the force. The force is relatively new, and as such has had little development in the area of units.

So far there are officers (the basic unit, deal with everyday situations), spec ops, riot control, and the feared Presidential Guard.

Although the Green District is really a small group of cities, they are ruled by their own president, who is a combination of a military, political, and spiritual leader.

He is accompanied by two guards, who are the most elite of the force. They must hide their faces, and wear spiritual robes with bulletproof armour underneath to make them effective bodyguards. They are armed with special issue long-range shotguns.

President (hero):
Skill - 1d6+1
Move - 5"
Armour - 4
Specialties:
Purely Political - can't attack, but can defend and shove
Father Figure - may use his action and/or heroic feat to let another minifig re-attempt his action and/or heroic feat

Presidential Guard:
Skill - 1d10
Move - 5"
Armour - 5
Specialties:
Loyal - must stay within 2" of President, must redshirt for President

Standard police officers are the most common unit in the force, and are armed only with revolvers. They have no need for heavier weapons, as they are deployed around the city and reinforced if the situation calls for it.

Here they are accompanied by the Chief of Police, who is armed with the same special issue shotgun as the Presidential Guard. He also wears the same light armour as the spec ops.

Cop:
Skill - 1d6
Move - 5"
Armour - 4

Chief of Police (hero+officer):
Skill - 1d10
Move - 7"
Armour - 5

The elites of the force, spec ops troopers must be veterans of at least 10 years. They have basic bulletproof vests, shotguns, and tear gas grenades.

The spec ops also have a designated sergeant, who is armed with a special issue SMG instead of the standard shotgun.

They are best paired with riot control troopers, using the tactic of activating the gas grenades and sending in the riot control with their gas masks.

Spec Ops:
Skill - 1d8 (1d8+1 for sergeant)
Move - 6"
Armour - 5

Heavily armoured and armed, riot control troopers are equipped with gas masks, autoguns, riot shields and heavy armour. They are extremely effective units.

Riot Control:
Skill - 1d8-1
Move - 4"
Armour - 7
Specialties:
Gas Mask - ignores the effects of any gas weapon

Left to right, top to bottom:

revolver, special issue long-range shotgun, taser, autogun, standard issue combat shotgun, special issue SMG, tear gas grenade

This weapon has not yet been released to the force, as it is still being field tested. However, once made available it will prove to be invaluable in controlling large crowds.

The PHMG cannot be fired from the hip, and must be placed on some sort of platform to fire. The gun's recoil is too great for even riot control troopers to handle, but hopefully future development will allow it to be condensed and completely man-portable. The plan is to use this as a support weapon for riot control.

C&C appreciated, yadda yadda yadda. :lol:

EDIT: Stats will be up tomorrow.
EDIT2: Minifig stats up, weapon stats in progress.
Last edited by aoffan23 on Thu May 13, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu May 13, 2010 2:22 am

Wow! Your background, presidential guards and president remind me of the future dystopia film Equilibrium and the Tetragrammaton Guards or whatever they were called.

I love and will be looking to us the riot shield, that is clever. The Spec Ops look great and it's good to note the Green Toy Story troops work well with the brown trousers etc.

Over all a very good job and I like them a lot. 8)

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Thu May 13, 2010 3:43 am

the new gun, the shield and the gunners pose are all very original. nice police force, I wonder why they have blue colors in most countries. Some have green to, but not all green... nice job!

Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Post by Craigallot » Thu May 13, 2010 3:44 am

These are a great use of the green army men, since a lot of green was hard to come by most of the time. Riot control dude is my favourite, would look menacing in greater numbers.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Thu May 13, 2010 5:57 am

These guys' weapons, color scheme, and general design work really well. Love the PHMG and the riot trooper's shield.
[21:30:33] Scritch: you can put it in theblackdog

trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Post by trebnos1 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:13 am

The riot control unit is awesome, 'nuff said. I'm going to have to steal your riot shield idea, it works really well, and I love everything in general. Nice work :D

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Thu May 13, 2010 4:26 pm

Nice force. Would be worth it to make it bigger. I like the theme and you made a very good use of all theses green parts it make the units fit together. I like the spec ops troopers a lot.
The PHMG is really nice but I can't figure how you've built it. :no: I can't steal it!

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Thu May 13, 2010 4:39 pm

@Warhead: Thanks! I was going to use Lt. Krus' design for the shield, but I really wanted to use the mailbox piece, since it's perfect for the job.

The GAM torsos work best with dark tan IMO, I've tried a lot of different colours and none looked quite as good.

@BFenix: This is completely fictional, the Ontario Police uniforms are actually black and blue, just like most other places. But thanks anyways. :)

@Bragallot: I thankfully have a good amount of green uniforms from the original soccer stadium set, but I've lost most of them. If I can find them, I'll have a bunch more cops, since I also have a ton of all the other parts.

I wish I had the pieces to make more riot control troops, but I only have one of almost all of the pieces used. I was lucky enough to find a plain green torso (no idea what set it's from) to use so that the armour wouldn't block any decals.

@Theblackdog: Thanks a lot, I've had the PHMG built for a while now, but I've lacked the force to use it in.

@trebnos1: Thanks, after all imitation is the greatest form of flattery. :wink:

@BrickSyd: Yeah, the black doesn't really photograph well, even with my sis' new camera. I'll try and get a shot or two of the pieces used.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm still trying to think up a couple vehicles to add, and I'm adding a couple things to the stats, so I'll have them up by later tonight. :D
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Thu May 13, 2010 5:06 pm

I already built a PHMG, even though I had to cannibalize two minifigs' hands, a shotgun, and a rocket-propelled chainsaw launcher to do so. That's an incredibly awesome gun.
[21:30:33] Scritch: you can put it in theblackdog

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:17 pm

@Theblackdog: Nice, I unfortunately only have one chainsaw body so I can't have more than one in my army. It was originally made when I was just screwing around trying to figure out a good gun, and them bam! There it is.

Also, stats for the minifigs posted, weapon stats coming soon.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
I agree with Warhead.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Fri May 14, 2010 11:48 am

Very good, good photography, and great custom weapons.

AdrianTheGeek
Cannon Fodder

Post by AdrianTheGeek » Sun May 16, 2010 12:18 am

SWAT shield. Must. Make. One. Now.
james+burgundy wrote:nice parts
james+burgundy wrote:Think you can get me the guys number
james+burgundy wrote:O I was hoping he'd stay at my place

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:23 pm

OMG I HAZ A VEHICAL

Presenting:

The JeepVee 3.3 (JV3.3) "Lovechild"

This is the main transport vehicle of the Green District Police Force. It is the result of a collaboration between Jeep and Hummer to create a vehicle that is effective both off and on the road, and that can haul heavy loads.

It was dubbed "The Lovechild" by members of the force due to its collaborative nature, as well as providing some irony to boot.

Back view

The vehicle is still undergoing some minor improvements, but so far this is the favoured design for the JeepVee.

[The back didn't really turn out as well as I hoped, but it's still pretty decent.]

Doors open

Interior

Fits one driver and one passenger, who can easily bring a medium-sized gun with him to fire out the front.

Back hatch open

As you can see, the back can fit 4 men comfortably, or 7 if necessary. To open, the back bumper is folded down and the main hatch is the opened.

BONUS DRAMATIC VIEW

Oooohh, shiny. Thank you, camera flash :wink:

This is where the companies involved is made most obvious. The grille sports traits of classic Jeep and Hummer grilles, including the bar bumper on the front.

Whaddya think? (stats will be up soon)
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
I agree with Warhead.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri May 28, 2010 2:07 am

Looks really good, only request. Needs a turreted gun on the back end and come sort of grenade/smoke launcher assembly on the cabin roof and then awesome will occur. Perhaps side sponsons too.

Lt. Krus
Dimmy

Post by Lt. Krus » Fri May 28, 2010 7:53 am

Good, but make the front shorter.