Immortal Empire: Imperial Army, Vehicles, Weapons'n'17Update

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:34 am

You know what? I think I have the parts to build this . . .

*Runs off into the corner to find the bricks*
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:10 am

Warhead wrote: @WN: Cor! If you were only a mother of some sort then my latent attraction (all in fun, don't go all SueMac on me) would be complete. I've always wanted to write some sci-fi stories, games mastering Cyberpunk role-play for over 20 years is as close as I've ever gotten so far. The players seemed to be eagerly pleased though.
Well I do actually have two very grown up children who are now in their mid twenties. I'm one of those sisters who came late to religious life after experiencing a richly diverse and not always pleasant life out in the world. And don't worry about me going berserk; - I worked in adult mental health remember and I possess a fully functioning sense of humour.
Writing was pretty much my safety valve back in my social worker days and that novel must've taken up around two years of my life with 2-3 hours work on it most days. I was told the novel had promise and I was advised to revise it down to around two thirds of its original length along with other advice on editing to make it fit market demand. Only after much rewriting and revision and it still not being 'marketable' I threw up my hands and cried, 'Enough! - I want my life back.'
So if anyone tells you writing novels isn't hard work they haven't got a clue what's involved. I've still got the original manuscript stored in a box somewhere and I did used to take it out and read it from time to time, but I don't think I will do anything with it now. I'm not the same woman anymore that sat down and wrote all that sometimes very angry stuff.
I look on writing as painting pictures with words and doing that still gives me a thrill even though I don't do so much these days.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:57 pm

You're now officially one of the fourm's coolest Brikwarriors. Congrats.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:15 pm

We said the same about Suemac and then her husband made her and her son move to another planet so she wouldn't keep PM-sexting me. It was very sad. I guess you're next. :D :warhead:

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:01 pm

I get on very well with my husband and his Mum.

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:30 pm

:owned:
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:39 pm

H'mm, should I just bow out or... nah, I'm unable to do such a thing.

Yeah, Mary? I've had her and she was shit too.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:43 pm

Except, see- no I'm not even going there. Stop while you're ahead, mate. :)
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:49 pm

White Nun wrote:
Warhead wrote: @WN: Cor! If you were only a mother of some sort then my latent attraction (all in fun, don't go all SueMac on me) would be complete. I've always wanted to write some sci-fi stories, games mastering Cyberpunk role-play for over 20 years is as close as I've ever gotten so far. The players seemed to be eagerly pleased though.
Well I do actually have two very grown up children who are now in their mid twenties. I'm one of those sisters who came late to religious life after experiencing a richly diverse and not always pleasant life out in the world. And don't worry about me going berserk; - I worked in adult mental health remember and I possess a fully functioning sense of humour.
Writing was pretty much my safety valve back in my social worker days and that novel must've taken up around two years of my life with 2-3 hours work on it most days. I was told the novel had promise and I was advised to revise it down to around two thirds of its original length along with other advice on editing to make it fit market demand. Only after much rewriting and revision and it still not being 'marketable' I threw up my hands and cried, 'Enough! - I want my life back.'
So if anyone tells you writing novels isn't hard work they haven't got a clue what's involved. I've still got the original manuscript stored in a box somewhere and I did used to take it out and read it from time to time, but I don't think I will do anything with it now. I'm not the same woman anymore that sat down and wrote all that sometimes very angry stuff.
I look on writing as painting pictures with words and doing that still gives me a thrill even though I don't do so much these days.
Gah, that's just terrible and pisses me off. (As people here can probably tell) I enjoy writing a lot too and have some stories written out that mostly grew almost spontaneously in the places I'm still RPing in I then thought I could turn into a book at one point (and I have most plots written out) but reading this makes it likely I'm going to wait even longer before really starting to write on them again (I'd rather continue writing for fun for now). 'Marketable', jeez, Tolkien wrote one of the greatest books of all time and I'm pretty sure no ballerina in a suit ever had to tell him his book was 'marketable' before he decided to sell it. Stupid commercial businessmen silverdreams who always think they know everything best while they actually don't have a clue what actual quality is like, just look at popular music and you'll know what I meant :roll:

/ end rant.

The most important thing when doing anything that requires creativity for me is just being able to look back on it and think you've done a good job rather than success anyways though.
Last edited by Bragallot on Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:12 pm

Bragallot wrote:The most important thing when doing anything that requires creativity for me is just being able to look back on it and think you've done a good job rather than success anyways though.
Exactly! Alleluia Amen! The worst thing about trying to get my novel published was that I found all the enjoyment had gone out of the creative process. The simple pleasure of picking up a pen and creating a whole new world inhabited by interesting people had almost been bashed into non-existence.
From time to time you'll most probably notice me writing the odd few creative paragraphs to tell a story about some of my minifigs and I really enjoy doing that. BUT actually turning it into a novel, - not this kid.
One good thing about the internet is that anyone who wants to showcase their storytelling ability can actually go ahead and do it and put their work in front of the reading public.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:16 am

Silverdream wrote:Tolkien's book was thought of as silly and stupid when it came out. It wasn't until the sixties when mud-eating hippies brought it into popularity.
More the seventies, I think. It was definitely considered unmarketable though, and published anyway:

"Although Tolkien had largely completed The Lord of the Rings by 1949, it was not until late in 1952 that Allen & Unwin were able to assess the manuscript. After obtaining composition and printing estimates from Unwin Brothers and Jarrold & Sons, Rayner Unwin informed his father that he thought it was a work of genius, but that, if published, it would lose the company a thousand pounds. After writing to his father with the figures, Sir Stanley wrote back, saying 'If you think this to be a work of genius, then you may lose a thousand pounds.'"

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:57 am

Yeah, book writing...I think I'm like Bragallot a little, though to be honest, I just sort of read random words in a thread and piece together an understanding of what people are talking about.

I basically had a couple dreams when I was 12 that lead me to create a few characters and a world they lived in, and now that has evolved into a pretty fleshed out universe with a bunch of interesting(to me) characters.

Unlike most people, I'm actually incredibly lazy when it comes to getting this stuff out. Most of it just rattles around in my head, and occasionally I blather on about it to my roommate at two in the morning until he falls asleep.

I mostly get all my stories out in role play, since I'm too lazy to make my self do all the work. Having other people collaborate on a story really is an awesome thing. Some of my characters have gone places I might've never taken them, thanks to me having other people to play off of.

Fun fact: I've been a role player; pure text, no dice, for about 8-ish years now. It's the only think I consider my self to be remotely "good" at.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Immortal Navy Starships (INS):

Knife Class (CVL) - Light Strike Carriers.

Armament: (Data-Link means all firepower x3)

1x Centreline - Capital Blackhole Projector
2x Turret - Twin (4) Capital Missile Launchers
8x Turret - Point Defence Blisters
4x Squadrons of Fighters (12)

Battle Group Data-Net: All 3 ships combine firepower and point defence. (This is a new technology in the Brikverse and only used by Immortal Ships so far). No enemy have managed to scan this technology in use and withdraw. Immortal TechTM is already researching a larger and more robust Data-Net Group.

Stealth: Much of the ships bulk is taken up with ECM, ECCM and Stealth Cloaking.

DSD: Drive Signature Decoy - All Immortal Ships carry a limited store of DSD's. They may be ejected from the ship and project a false engine reading drawing enemy missile fire and targeting profiles. Obviously, each DSD is a one shot expendable lasting until they are hit or burnout.

DMP: Drogue Missile Pod - Ships may tractor DMP's and slave their targeting through the groups Data-Link to enhance the number of missiles launched in the first turn of firing. Drogues may not be deployed during combat as the process is too difficult and the drogues are soft targets and would be easily destroyed. This tactic and innovation is particular to Immortal TechTM and no enemy has as yet survived with intact data to begin their own R+D efforts.

Engine Tuners: Engines can be maxed out during combat over a period of time before dangerous amounts of radiation builds up or the engine burns out. This enhancement provides extra speed when needed and used for evading a faster fleet or pursuit on a strategic scale. This development can also be tuned to disguise the ships Engine signal to appear of a smaller or larger class over the enemies long range sensors.

Tactics: This ship is designed to conduct Hit and Fade strikes from Ambush. It is capable of the same speeds as a Light Cruiser (CL) meaning this ship can stay ahead of most chase units. Due to the data-net it can also out perform lighter faster units in a missile duel. The capital ship scale Blackhole Projector is used primarily after de-cloaking but the Knife Class Strike Carrier is not a main battle unit and although able to withstand missile fire due to superior Data-Linked point defence it does not have the Armoured Hull or reinforced superstructure of a ship of the line.
Last edited by Warhead on Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Well, arent these a bugger! To the enemy that is. I like their equipment choice and tactics seems to be very effective, perhaps practically infallible against most unaware or slow fleets. Good builds mate 8)

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:52 pm

The microspace revolution carries on! 8)
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?