U.S.S.S.R T-34000 Main Battle Tank

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

U.S.S.S.R T-34000 Main Battle Tank

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:42 pm

After the Undead squads and the Ravens, the Space Commie R&D department looked next to the aging Tolstoy Heavy Tank. They were poorly crewed, poorly armoured and just ugly. They set about revising the Heavy Laser Cannon with a new, High-Velocity Cannon, but eneded up just building a whole new tank from it, only using the Tolstoy's chassis. The new tank had fewer weapons but was faster, more heavily armoured (using new sloping armour techniques) and in general more economical than the Tolstoy. After seeing their beautiful creation they decided to nmae it after their previous crowning achievment... with a futuristic update.

This was the result of 8 hours and several late nights.

Name: T-34000 Main Battle Tank
Armour: 200 mm Composite, sloping
Crew: 3 (Driver, Gunner,Engineer)
Top Speed: 45 km/h
Weapons:
1x Patrishnikov Type 34 High-Velocity Cannon (Designed specially for this tank.)
1x MB19 Coxial Vehicular Flame Weapon
1x Turret-Mounted Luther Automatic Weapon

The vehicle carries 2 Mk II missiles for infantry use. In this picture you can also see the main hatch and exhaust vents.

Main hatch open

Unlike previous tanks, the T-34000 can elevate its main gun to
24 degrees, allowing it to bombard distant targets before they can hit it.

This shot also gives a good idea of the sloping armour. By slanting the plating to 70 degrees, the tanks armour is nearly effectivly doubled. this also produces a chance for enemy projectiles to simply bounce off the tanks plating.

Aside from the Main Cannon, the T-34000 is also equipped with a
coxial-mounted Flamethrower to further deter enemy infantry from attacking head on. On the top of the turret is a remotly-controlled
high-caliber machine gun, for similar purposes.

One of the only weaknesses of the T-34000 is it's exposed Propellant Tanks for its Flamethrower. these are an easy and explosive target for enemy anti-armour crews.

Top hatch open.

Here is the main crew compartment and engine. The T-34000 is also one of the greenest tanks out there. the engine is a massive electromagnet, run by a whopping big battery. the electro magnet turns the axle and the tank is propelled. Said whopping battery is recharged whenever available.

Underneath the storage crate the crew keeps any mission-critical supplies. currently stored are a bazooka, laser pistol and hand grenade. in case the need to abondon the vehicle becomes apearent.

Overall, the T-34000 is not the most powerful tank on the field of battle, but it can sure whallop the hell out of most of them.

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:00 am

That thing is awesome, man. When I first saw it, the big turret turned me off a bit, but I actually like the cartoony effect it gives it. The details on the back are amazing as well, even more so with the interior. Giant magnet ftw!
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

masterMISICK
Officer

Post by masterMISICK » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:37 am

it is some thing nice and new than your standard tank and i love the amount of detailing and space in the tank
I like to look my enemy in the face through a high powered sniper rifle 2 miles away

Sorry for my boneriffic inability to spell.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:28 am

Nice job with the SNOT armor plating, the angles came out really well. I like the front-heavy appearance you chose for the tank -- it contrasts nicely with the usual back-heavy profile of most "futuristic" tanks.
[21:30:33] Scritch: you can put it in theblackdog

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:13 am

Nicely done, thats one hell of a tank! I like its unusual tank shape that reminds me more of a train :) probably because of its frontal armor.
The turret is my favorite part, but some little details made this vehicle pretty sweet!

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:16 am

aoffan23 wrote:That thing is awesome, man. When I first saw it, the big turret turned me off a bit, but I actually like the cartoony effect it gives it. The details on the back are amazing as well, even more so with the interior. Giant magnet ftw!
Yeah, the turret's as small as I could make it and still be able to fit a fig. It's the first enclosed, manned turret that I've done.

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:24 am

Cpt. Zipps wrote:
aoffan23 wrote:That thing is awesome, man. When I first saw it, the big turret turned me off a bit, but I actually like the cartoony effect it gives it. The details on the back are amazing as well, even more so with the interior. Giant magnet ftw!
Yeah, the turret's as small as I could make it and still be able to fit a fig. It's the first enclosed, manned turret that I've done.
I have to say well done for the turret design as well - I like, I like it a lot.

The frontal placing of the turret is something that gets to me though, its just that something so deadly, almost looks . . . well, cute - and thats a bad thing on the battlefield, mmmkay? :lol:

Overall, a very nice tank - well done sir!
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:01 am

I have a couple reasons for that actually. 1) the hatch doesn't work otherwise.2) when I tore apart the Tolstoy I had intentions to make a tankette. 3) have ever seen a real T-34? The turret is placed very far forward.

Well that's my argument, if you still don't like it then oh well.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:06 am

It looks cool, dude. Now I know what color to make that space commie IFV I need to counter the Guardian.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:16 pm

Nice Tank. :D

I was expecting a dark green tank with the title but Red works.
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Daniel wrote:Nice Tank. :D

I was expecting a dark green tank with the title but Red works.
It's for my Space Commies faction.

Jbgarrison
Minifig

Post by Jbgarrison » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:19 am

The large turret and elevation of the main gun gave me a first impression of self propelled artillery. The obvious armor plating does remove that impression quickly though.

Very cool addition to the space commie arsenal!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:54 am

KV-2 Heavy Artillery Tank's 152-mm howitzer... they were shit but yours is MUCH better comrade commander.

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:22 am

Nice enough tank but does not look anything like a Russian (or ussr) T mode tank. The T series of tanks are very low slung and the turret it fat and stubby not at all like a T anything tank.
My Flickr
My YouTube
Indisputable rules of Brik Wars.
1.OTC Wins .. Always
2.There is NEVER to much blood and gore.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:12 am

J+B you amaze me with your knowledge, pity you didn't read that the above example is the KV series heavy tank nor do you even know that a KV-2 is not a T34 or any other tank of the T series. Dolt. :roll: