Magura's Mercenaries, Battlemech

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

fredde
Cannon Fodder

Post by fredde » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:22 am

Whoa thats <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> of guns! i really like your style on the er ppc makes it look powerful nice job!

also i can't wait for the cougar. my favorite mech when playing mw4 mercs online.
Natalya wrote: Fredde, you don't win the internet with this.

You ARE the Internet.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:28 pm

Ooh, mechwarrior, that brings back memories. I remember I only had the demo where you could play 2-3 levels or so and I never beat the last one, because, as it was a demo, you only had access to pretty light mechs, and you had to face a pretty heavy mech who was protecting the second base near the end you could barely dent with the weapons you were limited to. Very strategically challenging. I love how you also had to set up your team before the battle, choose mechs, armament and pilots. I finally beat it after a lot of tries after I found out you had to somehow lure the enemy mech from its base. After almost 15 minutes of shooting at it and all my mechs being out of weapons, it finally went down. Man I loved that explosion. One of my first gaming experiences, the kind you look back on with pride (I was 8 or so) because you mostly didn't know what you were doing and still succeeded in the end :)

Anyway, now that we're talking mechwarrior, could you make a Raven? :D I know they were only light to medium mechs but they were always my favourites because they were so versatile, I even named one of my cults Raven because of it :) I'll prolly :diy: at some point but I'm already working on another mech (well, I'll start again once I finished my forum battle and have cleared my table).
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:25 pm

Bragallot wrote:Ooh, mechwarrior, that brings back memories. I remember I only had the demo where you could play 2-3 levels or so and I never beat the last one, because, as it was a demo, you only had access to pretty light mechs, and you had to face a pretty heavy mech who was protecting the second base near the end you could barely dent with the weapons you were limited to. Very strategically challenging. I love how you also had to set up your team before the battle, choose mechs, armament and pilots. I finally beat it after a lot of tries after I found out you had to somehow lure the enemy mech from its base. After almost 15 minutes of shooting at it and all my mechs being out of weapons, it finally went down. Man I loved that explosion. One of my first gaming experiences, the kind you look back on with pride (I was 8 or so) because you mostly didn't know what you were doing and still succeeded in the end :)

Anyway, now that we're talking mechwarrior, could you make a Raven? :D I know they were only light to medium mechs but they were always my favourites because they were so versatile, I even named one of my cults Raven because of it :) I'll prolly :diy: at some point but I'm already working on another mech (well, I'll start again once I finished my forum battle and have cleared my table).
Mechwarrior 4 is indeed a challenging game. But the Cougar is by far my favorite light mech. Im very proud of a light mech configuration I made that was simply a lightweight god. Wolfhound chassis, maxed armor (ferro fibrous), 1/2 upgraded engine, 1 ER PPC, about 4 ER Small Lasers and 1 or 2 Heatsinks. Total pwnage! :)

We should all make an online match someday

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:19 pm

I always have been, and always will be in awe of what was the Masakari weapons variant.

To put it quite simply, any mech capable of mounting 5 Clan ER PPC's, along with 2 Clan pulse lasers and double heat sinks, was a fucking god.

Also - this thing is skull fuckingly awesome, I demand moar.

Nao.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

Fedora
Champion
Champion

Post by Fedora » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Bragallot, are we the same person? Because I started playing MW2 around 7 or 8, and when ghost bear's legacy came out the raven was my favorite 'mech.
I may make one eventually, but I'm not sure if I have enough parts and I'm going to take a break from mechs after the Cougar is finished.

Building something with the goal of it actually looking like a certain mech is harder than I thought. The Wotan was easier because I could do what I wanted with it, but I must have built and rebuilt the coug's torso a dozen or so times! :x I'm still relatively new to building anything that is relatively accurate/ on a largish scale, and it is a challenge for me. No doubt something everyone on this forum experiences at least once :D

It would be totally aweshum to have an MW4 slug-out- too bad I never figured out the online multiplayer. Something about servers having an older version of the game... :?

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:24 pm

Haha you'd probably thrash me since I only ever played the demo so many years ago. I'll build me a Raven or at least something alike it myself some time anyway since I figured my little modern faction could do with some long-ranged support apart from ... some other stuff I'm thinking of building ... as well.

Yeah I guess it's not that easy but I suppose if you like what you built and it looks somewhat similar it's okay enough. Basically I'm just building my mech based off a picture and I don't try to catch every detail.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Bragallot wrote:Haha you'd probably thrash me since I only ever played the demo so many years ago. I'll build me a Raven or at least something alike it myself some time anyway since I figured my little modern faction could do with some long-ranged support apart from ... some other stuff I'm thinking of building ... as well.

Yeah I guess it's not that easy but I suppose if you like what you built and it looks somewhat similar it's okay enough. Basically I'm just building my mech based off a picture and I don't try to catch every detail.
You guys would like to play MW again wouldnt ya? Go here: http://www.mektek.net/
The MekTek development team have simply reborn MW4. Download the Full game Free of charge and then download the MTX Patcher/Updater and Extractor. They have perfected the game in several ways and even made new mechs!

See you on the Colosseum :)