The Skyian Federation

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

The Skyian Federation

Postby Skyian Leader » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:53 pm

All right, pics hopefully will follow, but for now, Background Fluff:
-The Skyian Federation consists of 9 planets. (so it is small)
-It has recently become aware of Galactic Happenings since  G.R. 2010, but has existed for longer than that.  Encountered and waged first war against the slightly more powerful (name-pending).  An Arm-stance had sprung up after the fighting got real serious, but has recently dissolved, and the Space States are back at it again.
-The main planet, Skyia, contains several worm hole junctions, 7 to be exact, and controls the ending destination on 2, and is fighting for the 3rd.  (yes i read Honor Harrington series, i was REALLY bored, so i grabbed a book, and the space battles caught me.  But the wormhole junctions is the only thing I am ripping off).  The Junctions are primarily used for trade, and enforcement.  They are the single greatest revenue generator in the form of trade tax and wormhole fees.
-Due to the discovering the Existence of the Immortals, after reviewing the history and motives, the Empire will be apposed to them.
-Somewhat of a serious thing going on here, sure I will have fun, but the background will be more serious.
-MORE COMING SOON!

Last edited by Skyian Leader on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skyian Leader
Minifig

Postby RunsWithLegos » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:57 pm

oh! sounds good so far!
RunsWithLegos
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Zahru II » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:43 pm

I wish you'd wake up one day with a hand like that.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Postby Tzan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:45 pm

No wonder why he loves sucking his thumb.
Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Postby Zahru II » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:49 pm

I wish I could come up with that :)
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Postby Skyian Leader » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:33 pm

my floppy penis wrote:Image
Welcome to the forums

seriously?

that is disgusting dude! *in Napoleon D. Voice* 'Gross, Gosh!'
--
and yes, if a moderator could put the thread in the Armory, then, that would be great.  I had looked around for a spot for things like this, but couldn't find one.  I guess i didn't look hard enough.  And if their is a way to cover the pic, that would be great.  I'm just saying, this is my army section, and... yeah i kinda want more of an informative style and feed back, not so much 'dicking' around.[/img]
Skyian Leader
Minifig

Postby Skyian Leader » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:57 pm

@my floppy penis:  good find and everything, but could you please make it a link in-staid? Thx's

--Bunch of Random Info--

Skyian Empire:
located on the fringe of the Galaxy,  this empire as been alone and excluded since its beginning from the greater powers of the Universe, who most would of squashed like one squashes ants at the upstart of the brik civilization.  But they were undisturbed and continued to fight other powers in the sector, growing to 11 planets strong.  The discovery on the wormholes was perhaps the greatest among their kind, rivaling that of shield technology and FTL jumps.  They also possess robots, some with AI's (made very much the same way dumb AI's are made in HALO-(tm))  (I have been using exo force droids, the brown are workers, while the silver have the AI and manage over the brown).

Around the time of the 2010 G.R, aka, the time of contact (for skyians), the level of Technology had advanced past Gravity and Magnetic Guns like Mass Drivers and Magnetic Accelerated Cannons, into the Laser Era.  The handhelds have been dubbed Blasters, and compared to other races rifles, comparatively weaker (only 1 D6, not 1 D6+1).  Projectile Weapons are still common; however, as they have not been completely phased out.  Ships main weapons are commonly found to be the Bow Mounted Mass Driver (takes up the front part of the ship, and usually the charge build-up before firing means that lasers cannot be fired as well, during that turn.  The things cannot be mounted on turrets, and usually keep going after they hit and go through something).  Beam Turrets are a recent innovation, and are just starting to be added onto existing ships.

--The Planets--

-The Inner Colonies
_-Based around Skyia and 3 other systems, the Inner colonies define the group of solar systems around the home system, Skyia, and that are: not separated and only in contact by the worm holes. They are all within 69 light years of another system, and are all within a 9 light year across bubble

__-Skyian System: contains home planet; large (2.5 times the size of earth), classified as a Watery planet (land<20% surface area). Low density (large core, but outside the core, mainly just lighter than Iron elements), gravity is 10.69 m/s^2 (earth: 9.8 m/s^2), Population is 5.5 billion people, most famous for the Skyian Gates (the wormhole junction of 5) and their commercial ship yards, richest of all planets, income due to the gate junction.  3 other planets and 2 asteroid belts in system, none habitable, all have mining facilities and other research/resource stations.

__-Grayson System: contains a main planet and a secondary planet, along with 4 other planets, 3 asteroid belts, and a out of system nebula.  The density of the planets and the abundance of heavier elements is due to the older star, and the fact that it is the 3rd star to form out of the ashes of the mother star that went Nova tens of billions of years ago.  Oldest system in the Empire in terms of age of planets.  Main Planet Grayson has 2.7 billion people, slightly smaller than earth, but contains denser materials, gravity is 9.3 m/s^2, considered to be a forest planet, with 2 major oceans, and several seas, many are freshwater.  Known for the Agriculture, and supplies a lot of the food requirements to the other systems.  It is also known for the unique militarized shipyards in orbit around the planet.  Heavily defended.  The secondary Planet, Abdiesus, is small, 1/2 earths size, and very dense, gravity is 7.4 m/s^2. with a population of only .76 billion people it is considered one of the least populated planets.  Mostly barren, did not generate life, but was located within the habitual zone of the star, and was terraformed.  Known for Mining and for testing and research from the main planet.

__-Leviathan System:  Contains a colonized planet, as well as 7 other planets, 5 which are gas giants with many moons and impressive ring structures.  No in system Debris, as all left over had been trapped in the gas giants gravity wells.  The Planet Leviathan was recently colonized compared to the other planets, and is the newest to join the Empire.  The moons of the gas giants are being looked over for any use, but progress is slow and their are hundreds of moons.  The population on the main planet Leviathan is 1.69 billion, for many have gone to leviathan in the sense of pioneering and anyone can get rich quick and the plentiful amount of jobs that need filling.  The gravity is 9.69 m/s^2, and around earth sized.  It is most known for the refining plants that refine the gas captured on the gas giants, and the plentifully amount of jobs that need filling.

__-Draco's System:  1 colonized planet, with 3 other planets with significant structures built up for excavating and resource gathering.  Orbits a binary star, with 5 planets total, all rocky.  The main Planet, Draco, has a population of 3.4 billion people, and classified as a rock planet.  It has other significant features, but it is mainly rocky.  Larger than earth and denser than earth, with a gravity of 13.9 m/s^2.  Trademarked as a manufacturing planet, it contains most of the empires factories and refineries.  The raw resources are brought to the planet, sold to the factories, and then manufactured, and sold off planet, usually through the gates.  The 3 other planets have seen significant build up of resource gathering structures, and one has been terraformed to produce all types of food stuff.  Draco system is most known for the manufacturing and production, obviously.

--Other sectors, coming soon--
Skyian Leader
Minifig

Postby RunsWithLegos » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:19 pm

DAMN! this is some great stuff!
RunsWithLegos
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Rev. Sylvanus » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:57 pm

It would be infinitely better and perhaps worth more than a cursory glance if there were some non-phallic, brik-tastic pics to go along with it...
Rev. Sylvanus
Jaw-Jaw

Postby BFenix » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 am

Yeah, thats great and all but, were are the pics?
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Skyian Leader » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 am

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:

It would be infinitely better and perhaps worth more than a cursory glance if there were some non-phallic, brik-tastic pics to go along with it...

The weekend.  Wait until then when I have some free time.  If all fails then, well, next weekend.  i have other things that are unfortunately higher up on my priority, like *sigh* Sschoolll....

And for the basic troopers, I am planing on using stuff from brick forge! :D
Skyian Leader
Minifig

Postby Lt. Krus » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:05 pm

RunsWithLegos wrote:DAMN! this is some great stuff!

:twss:
Lt. Krus
Dimmy

You want pict's! I'll GIVE YOU YOUR PPIIICCCCTTTTTTT"S

Postby Skyian Leader » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:21 pm

Prepare to complain on the amount of pictures here  :twisted:

The Variety of weapons a squad can choose from, 1 choice per 5 troopers!
from the left over:
flamethrower, Heavy flamethrower, sniper rifle, Missile Launcher, Minigun

-+-
Basically all my vehicles.  My ship is the big one, you only see the front.

-+-
Defense turret with a Rotary Heavy Battle Blaster Rifle (RHBBR) I have most of the parts I need to build a second, looking to find the base.

-+-
A fast response Unit. An (outdated) trooper riding a hover bike with a heavy battle blaster in the front and holding a sword for CC support

-+-
A basic civilian light transporter, mainly used for transporting bricks somewhere fast that normally would require a couple of minifigs to handle.  Now used to rush supplies to the mechanic.

-+-
The Experimental Unit, it uses repulsion tech to hover above ground, and requires jet engines to move.  The hull size gives it a class of a Tankette, but with a dual Beam Cannon and a Missile Pod.  And while it lacks in armor, it mounts defector shields to stop laser rounds, and high speed to get away from danger to recover.

-+-
The Skyian Dive Bomber.  Mounted with 2 Laser cannons for heavy infantry/light armor, and dual Critical Mass Gravic Launchers for taking out heavy armor, The Dive Bomber is the toughest Bird in the Skyian Amory.  It, like most other vehicles in Skyian possession, has a weak deflector shield.  It can operate in space, but thats mainly for launching in space and re entering the atmosphere in an attack run, for the element of surprise, or a fast response.

-+-
The Skyian Heavy weapons that are not mounted on tanks are brought in mounted on the field usually by the Heavy infantry, the exo suit robots slaved to the silver commanding robot.  All heavy weapons are manned by at least 2 minifigs, one gunner and one loader. This here is the Long Barreled High Velocity Rifled Tungsten Round Cannon.  This is a Long reaching Ordnance class weapon, meaning it fires every other turn.  It is often referd to as 'the tank hunting sniper cannon'.
(line up those sights!)

-+-
This is the fearsome Gatling Cannon.  It is an Infantry eating monster, fast shooting but does minimal damage to armored targets.
Again, Heavy weapon maned by battle robots/droids/whatever.

-+-
The Rotary Heavy Battle Blaster Rifle (RHBBR), is similar to that of the gating Cannon, except it deals less than 1/2 the Rof, yet twice damage!  So, it can dice heavy infantry, but not as effective in killing hordes.

-+-
The Quad Beam Turrets that are becoming standard on all Skyian ships.  With the Beam Cannons already long range and high damage due to the fact that it was designed to operate on ships in space, it has completely changed the Skyian Space Tactics.  Instaid of trying to maintain distance and try to destroy the opposing fleet with MAC salvos and Ship destroyer torpedo's, ones vessel can now face any direction that the turrets have a facing to, and not just the bow.  And now the only countermeasures to the Quad Beam Turrets is your shields, so now the range did not matter, just the volume of fire, and quality of the buffer for the deflector shields.

-+-
Also, i had some sort of stomach bug that i got on Thursday, now i am starting to get over it.  That's why i didn't post a lot from then until now. I hate getting sick.
Last edited by Skyian Leader on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skyian Leader
Minifig

Postby RunsWithLegos » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:40 pm

AWESOME stuff, but the picks are a bit small...
RunsWithLegos
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

yeah...

Postby Skyian Leader » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:51 pm

yeah, sorry about that.  At least they didn't come out gigantic, like a huge eye sore.  But i think i can fix that.  And sorry that some of the pics were blurry, but hey, my cameras weird.  It likes focusing on things i don't want it to...  The ship will be coming up soon.  I didn't post my infantry because they are not the finalized version that i would like, i need to get some stuff off of brick forge if i want to finish them.  So not showing is a medic, 2 mechanics, a squad of infantry, and a squad of heavy infantry.  Next on my 'to build' list which will hopefully see some action over the summer is 2 helicopter/gunships, and 2 heavy tanks.  The Gunships will provide much needed transport, and the heavy tanks as a much needed fire magnet. :D

(and a question: Should the heavy tanks be multi turreted or a single big turret?)
Skyian Leader
Minifig

Next

Return to The Armoury