The Skyian Federation

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Postby Silverdream » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:37 pm

I'm pretty sure you blew my super dreadnought out of the water in both size and looks. She's a pretty vessel like the other ones.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Skyian Leader » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:31 pm

@Silverdream
thanks!  i should check out your ships, to... that is, if stubby didn't delete the posts  :wink:
--
Also, I am actually going to start adding equipment to my units now, and not like armour, engines, and gunz.  Im gonning to 'modernize' a little, by adding targeting lasers, night-fighting equipment, shield buffers, and cold plasma shielding.  
+++

CAUTION!
explanation in the form of boring text ahead! if you want to see pictures, wait until sunday or monday.
--
A laser designator is a laser light source which is used to designate a target. Laser designators provide targeting for laser guided bombs, missiles, or precision artillery munitions, such as the Paveway series of bombs, Lockheed-Martin's Hellfire, or the Copperhead round, respectively.

When a target is marked by a designator, the beam is invisible and does not shine continuously. Instead, a series of coded pulses of laser-light are fired. These signals bounce off the target into the sky, where they are detected by the seeker on the laser guided munition, which steers itself towards the centre of the reflected signal. Unless the people being targeted possess laser detection equipment or can hear aircraft overhead, it is extremely difficult for them to tell whether they are being marked or not. Laser designators work best in clear atmospheric conditions. Cloud cover, rain or smoke can make reliable designation of targets difficult or even impossible.
--
http://orbitalvector.com/Defenses/Plasma%20Shields/PLASMA%20SHIELDS.htm

"A cold plasma can stop or interfere with things like radar and other electromagnet radiation but not physical objects. Forcing close enough to act like a solid is exceedingly hard to do the electric charges on the individual atoms will strongly repel each other."
--

I will start making items to put on my minifigs sunday/monday, don't worry   :wink:
Skyian Leader
Minifig

Postby Silverdream » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:50 pm

Skyian Leader wrote:@Silverdream
thanks!  I should check out your ships, to... that is, if stubby didn't delete the posts  :wink:

I haven't posted my Super Dreadnought yet.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Previous

Return to The Armoury