Venus Destroyer (Micro)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Venus Destroyer (Micro)

Postby Natalya » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:13 pm

So my destroyer has shown up in a couple battles now in micro form.  So I thought I'd do my own interpretation of it.  The thing to remember that it's taller than it is wide.  I also gave it all the guns it actually has.  The only weapon I missed was the torpedo bay, but I don't know how I'd show it in this small format.

I think the bottom half is more accurate than the top, especially the mid-section.  I made the middle part too short, but whatever.  This is the first micro-space ship I have built.

Here's the back.  Notice the small maneuvering thruster with the mini-wing sticking out of it, then directly in front of that the bigger shield winds that give some extra protection to the reactor area.

Here it is from the top. As you can see, even its widest segment isn't that wide...  The front where the Hyper Phase Cannon is should be slightly wider than the rest of the ship, but even my three-wide design that I've seen the other ones on here use is still too wide.  But whatever I understand the limitations with micro-space.

And here is the bottom.  All the colours you see on this are accurate btw.  But unfortunately there isn't much of the signature ASE Dark Red because that was mostly tiny detail elements on the original.

Here's how I built the middle section.

I attached the sides with these black things.

Umm, yeah, that's all I've got.  Maybe this will help anyone who wants to make one in the future.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."
Natalya
I've trolled before.

Postby Lt. Krus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:27 pm

Nice, thats pretty accurate.
Lt. Krus
Dimmy

Postby Warhead » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:21 pm

Very, very nice, and accurate... *cough* mines has a torpedo bay. Thhhhruupt!  :D  :lol: Haha, sorry, couldn't resist it. I love the Venus/Sonks and it's great to see it in Micro. I'll be looking forward to seeing it in some serious action.

I like the idea of us all owning our own Micro Fleets, I love the Mini-Fig scale stuff but imagine, you could take an entire Armada across the world in your bag with far less hassle than you could the Venus or Thunderchild etc.
Warhead
kaka pants

Postby Theblackdog » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:22 pm

Which battles has the Venus Class shown up in?  I must have missed them.  Overall a nice design although the nose could use more SNOT.
[21:30:33] Scritch: you can put it in theblackdog

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby Hoboman » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:08 pm

I think this came out just fine. It looks close enough that it si clear what it is representing.  :D
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Postby OneEye589 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:16 pm

I've been thinking about making some micro/midiscale land stuff and doing a battle. Warhammer 40k Epic style.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Natalya » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:37 pm

It was in Warheads' Assyrian Zombie Gauntlet and Belugas' Relation Ship Problems.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."
Natalya
I've trolled before.

Postby Warhead » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:57 am

...and soon to also be in Natalya's next forum battle?..  :shock: PLEEEEEZE!
Warhead
kaka pants

Return to The Armoury