sneak peek, the HatredTank

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Re: sneak peek, the HatredTank

Post by Duerer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:49 pm

That's a huge dong. What are the measurements of it and the tank itself?
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

subyrally
Cannon Fodder

Post by subyrally » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:15 pm

Duerer wrote:That's a huge dong. What are the measurements of it and the tank itself?

I havent taken a proper measurement of it yet, but as it stands, it is 2/3 the size of the coffee table, lol.
"Warning: Small children may present a choking hazard when consumed."

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:54 am

Man, next time I feel like I am not going anywhere with a model, I'll remember that I haven't necro'd a 5 year old thread with a model that is still a work in progress.

Joking aside though, if any model deserved to be resurrected after 5 years, this is it. I hope you get it completed and onto a battlefield. The :studgod: demands it.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

subyrally
Cannon Fodder

Post by subyrally » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:14 pm

Sometimes, life gets in the way of builds.

i have a little bit of progress on it, not as much as id like. the turrets are not mounted, i was tasting positions for them, but it gives an idea of armament.

I m still working on reinforcing the treads and wheels on it. As you can see, they got knocked off when i put it on the tote. I am also looking to restructure some of the sections inside. it could stand to shed a little weight. only half way done and already too heavy for the wheel connections to hold up for long. eh, i guess i took "built like a tank" a little too literally, lol

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Have axles running through the wheels rather than using 3L Technic pins. Connect those axles to a brick structure on the outside of the tracks that itself connects back to the main body of the tank. That will better distribute the weight of the tank.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

subyrally
Cannon Fodder

Post by subyrally » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:36 pm

dilanski wrote:Have axles running through the wheels rather than using 3L Technic pins. Connect those axles to a brick structure on the outside of the tracks that itself connects back to the main body of the tank. That will better distribute the weight of the tank.

That is something that i was looking into. still trying to decide on the armor around the tracks and how to connect it all. i will get there, just need a little time to mess around with it. Thankfully, I have some time of next week, taking some of my vacation time to get an extra day off for Thanksgiving. Between this weekend and the Thanksgiving holiday, I should be able to make some progress, I hope, lol.