Lost Valley Time Forgot Filled With Treasure And Dinosaurs.

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Postby Zupponn » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:29 pm

I like the river gunboat a lot. Everything else is cool, but the gunboat stands out for some reason. Keep it up! :D
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby White Nun » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:01 am

Zupponn wrote:I like the river gunboat a lot. Everything else is cool, but the gunboat stands out for some reason. Keep it up! :D

Gee whizz thanks :oops:

Itchy Dave and his boys are working absolutely flat out at the moment. Everybody wants a walking machine and they all want one NOW.

ImageImage

A Firemans respirator set worked out just nicely for Sergeant Thunder of the Royal Marines. I've got some gold epaulets on order for Sarge, but I had the blue ones so I thought I'd use them for the moment. I've got some frogmen's aqualungs on order for the rank and file chaps.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Killer Karetsu » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:35 am

Looks like Itchy Dave has the dice gods on his side :wink:
So, will everyone have a walker? That would be cool..
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!
Killer Karetsu
Mega Blok

Postby MasterEcabob » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:52 pm

Now THAT's what I'm talking about! The fireman piece is a great touch, and really makes him stand out. I also really like the simple gun you gave him. I'd honestly rather see him keep than than upgrade to brickarms tech.

I'm definitely looking forward to that upcoming battle of yours now.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!
MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Postby enders_shadow » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:29 pm

wow, that hat+breathing apparatus combo is pure win. he's gonna be even cooler when the golden epaulets come in :P
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby White Nun » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Oh wow! I hadn't seen Warhead's Britannians before I put together Sergeant Thunder. Amazing how certain themes just seem to make the use of particular accessories the logical choice.

@MasterEcabob: Yes I'm going to keep it simple with Vic Sci-fi weapons and the like. Most Brickarms stuff is far too modern looking for Steampunk and Vic Sci-Fi.

@Killer Karetsu: I'm going to be building more light walkers similar to the red one that the two Boer treasure hunters have got. My Lost Valley tabletop is too small for too many big armoured walkers to go striding around in. Don't forget I've got a Biplane to throw into the mix as well.

I rebuilt the river gunboat last night and I'm happy with the forward gun now. It can rotate thanks to a small turntable piece that I had to dig to the bottom of my box of bricks to find it.

White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby enders_shadow » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:20 pm

Silverdream wrote:Image

holy :shock: . this is amazing... why haven't I seen it before? anyway, love the combo, and both Warhead and White nun put it to good use :D
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby Natalya » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:33 pm

Although I am a fan, that design is at least 4 years old:

This is Dr. Terrible created by Mark Sandlin, one of the early-internet's lego space gods. He made many of the first incredible SHIPS such as the Asmodeus and the Mithrandir.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby White Nun » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:41 pm

Oh that's amazing! And here I was thinking I was being really leading edge by ordering a tophat the other day. :(
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Warhead » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:59 am

Great Scot! Bally wot! never seen the blighter before, looks jolly amazing. That gun looks fun too.

I see it as less logic and more insane experimentations with Lego personally. I'd been messing about with the fireman mask for a while seeing what else it could be used for/with. This was just one conclusion the rest are here somewhere. Haven't had quite as much time to do that since.
Warhead
Build me an Army worthy of Mordor

Postby stubby » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:38 pm

Natalya wrote:This is Dr. Terrible created by Mark Sandlin, one of the early-internet's lego space gods. He made many of the first incredible SHIPS such as the Asmodeus and the Mithrandir.

He's also the father of fleebnorks and, if I remember right, he got to help design the last couple years of Space Police sets as well.

Sandlin I mean, not Dr. Terrible.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby White Nun » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:24 pm

Our local general store has a NOS Space police set on the shelf at a heavily reduced price and I'm sorely tempted to buy it.

What I love about Lego and Brikwars is that after years of ultra fussy painting and model-making I'm actually starting to have fun. Suddenly models, themes and armies I've wanted to try for years are possible and I'm free, free, free to do as I please.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby BFenix » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:29 pm

White Nun wrote:What I love about Lego and Brikwars is that after years of ultra fussy painting and model-making I'm actually starting to have fun. Suddenly models, themes and armies I've wanted to try for years are possible and I'm free, free, free to do as I please.

Welcome to Brikwars 8)
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Hoboman » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:53 pm

White Nun wrote:What I love about Lego and Brikwars is that after years of ultra fussy painting and model-making I'm actually starting to have fun. Suddenly models, themes and armies I've wanted to try for years are possible and I'm free, free, free to do as I please.

Amen White Nun, Amen. :-)
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby White Nun » Sun May 01, 2011 7:28 am

The only real way into the Lost Valley for anybody who doesn't want to spend days walking or riding a horse over the narrow and dangerous tracks leading into valley, is to hire Itchy Dave's 'taxi' to walk you in along the bed of the river.
Not the most comfortable trip you'll ever make and it can get pretty exciting if the 'taxi' stalls in the middle of the river or gets a foot stuck in a hole, but most times the boys will get you through just fine.

I had a lot of fun making the 'taxi' though I'm swiftly learning the lesson that no matter how many hundreds of bricks you have to draw on you'll still wind up scratching through most of them to find that one special brick you really need.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury