Britannic League Battleships (White Sector)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:19 am

Further work has been done on the galaxy map for the Britannian League. Any errors can be readily corrected so feedback is welcome. The Blue Sector is totally my own invention as it seemed to me that League space would need to be divided off into sensibly sized areas of responsibility and the Britannian League was looking a little too small without another sector being added on.

Last edited by White Nun on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:17 am

o.o those are some massive empires... where would every one else go?

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:24 am

@Runny, it's called the Brikverse, not the Brikgalaxy.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:46 am

i know, but most o our stuff is stated to be in the same galaxy.

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:03 pm

Great new ships.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:42 pm

Yeah, most of the major empires aren't here. Plus that's a rather large Vast Empire scale.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:00 pm

See what happens with maps, lists... typing stuff, they just can't help themselves.

@WN: Those ships look magnificent. The red ship is absolutely glorious! The other is what it looks like, a fat ripe for the taking posh cruise liner there for the amusement of evuul men. Arr!

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:13 pm

Yes 'Fat' is the word :lol: I wanted the cruise ship to look like a big fat tempting prize for the plucking. As for the red slave ship I wanted it to have a 'bad-men-own-me' look that couldn't be mistaken by anybody.

Looking at the map in the cold morning light I can see that I did get a little carried away with the boundaries and sector sizes. If everybody is crammed into the same galaxy instead of having their own one as Ross and Runny says I really will need to make some changes.
I'm going to be busy this morning with caregiver and nursing duties so I most probably won't do anything about a revision until later this evening NZ local time.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:28 pm

I agree with Robot Monkey (I do!?. :shock: Damn!) ...and oddly with common sanity: It's Brikverse... as in UNIVERSE! I don't much care if it looks wrong, Warhammer's been making wrong star maps since they began and they even get to publish them and make people pay to see them. Where's the harm, it's just a bit of interesting eye candy fun. Man, kill the mood why don'tcha' fellas. You might as well be barging in to take a shit in the sink as I'm having a soak in the bath. I mean, really. :? Asshats.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:22 pm

Eh? Oh sorry, I'm still thinking about the Galatik Relations thread. It's a really good map, I just wish we could actually get a sense for the scale of everything.

But as the wiki puts it very nicely,

"The universe is made entirely out of ABS plastic, which constantly warps time and place around it, making the dimensions mentioned above even more hazy. How can you put a world on a map when it orbits its star one day, falls into a black hole the second day, and goes out to lunch the third? Fortunately for their sanity, minifigs care little about these problems, especially since the ABS shenanigans always work in favor of violence. Star-travelling conquest fleets nearly always arrive at their intended destination, while peaceful traders and tourists frequently find themselves dropped into raging warzones."
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:25 pm

Yup, the man has put a ton of clear thought into his brainchild.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:02 pm

Ok, I've put the map back. No changes, - this is the Britannian galaxy with a few other Johnny-come-lately Vic-Sci-Fi/Steampunk type nation's colonies hanging on around the edges. The other Factions and Empires are out there somewhere in the aether, it's just that they aren't on the bit shown on the map.
If it all has to get too realistic I might as well go back to playing the Persian Empire again and all the, 'They didn't have that in that time period you know lass' .......'And they never wore blue,' .........etc etc

The Britannian League is supposed to be a vast old creaking empire held together with stiff upper lips and old school ties and if having around half of a whole galaxy isn't vast I don't know what is.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Good enough ^^ sorry for being an asshat.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:18 pm

Not a problem at all :)

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:14 pm

Things have been at a pause for a little while on the White Sector space roads, but after being away at the New Glasgow Naval Dockyards for a refit 'Pegasus' has returned to service.

Final finishing and armour plating has been completed on Pegasus's gun turrrets; the latest Marconi telegraphic transmission devices have been fitted; and perhaps the most radical modification is that an engine from one of the old 'Monarch' class Dreadnoughts has been installed replacing Pegasus's two original smaller engines.

'Well 't were jist lay'n aboot ye ken,' commented the Dockyard foreman. 'Shame t' be wast'n a good enjun. Besides tis less wurk t' fit one big 'un tha' two wee tiddlers......'

The other new sight upon the space roads is the Purification Sisters of St. Attila's solar sailer 'Archangel'.

The good Sisters aren't ones to talk about the mysteries of their vocation, but it seems from close study that 'Archangel' is fitted with an auxillary steering engine that is able to pivot on its mountings to provide directional thrust as needed.
Apparently defensive shielding is provided by holy relics that are housed in special compartments mounted on the vessel's hull. As for weaponry 'Archangel' has two cannon that fire dense shaped projectiles of hyper-frozen holy water.

'Bastards hit like a fecking..... muff ...wog ...ngggg...,' Was what Sister Mary Constance managed to tell me before Mother Pugilista clamped a large hand over her mouth and dragged her away.

There have been a few rumors drifting around the Garrison barracks in the fair town of Despond that the Yellow Sector might be transferring one of their elderly Ironclads to the White Sector as they have just taken delivery of a new frigate from the shipyards on New London. We shall keep a sharp eye out for developments. Until then this is your reporter Miss Pippin Reed signing off.......