Gunboats.

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Postby Silverdream » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:42 pm

Theblackdog wrote:I'm not sure what the relationship between the U.S.A. and Britannia would be, though it's an interesting question.  I've been operating on the assumption that the U.S.A. was a Britannian sector that rebelled.

USA is Anti-Immortal, Britannia is Pro-Immortal.

Britannia is old-fashioned and the USA is New fangled.

The USA did rebel in 1,7something under George Wash-a-ton.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Zupponn » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:52 am

501stCadians wrote:
Porphyrogenitus wrote:
White Nun wrote:Hum, for the Americans I'll have to see if I can devise a paddlesteamer I suppose........

Might I suggest some kind of Monitor-style ironclad?  Single cannon in a turret, half-submerged and armored.

You do know the Monitor was an immense failure, and was barely seaworthy, right?

While not good at sea travel, the Monitor was a very innovative gunboat in the case of her turret system and she preformed very well on rivers, so I wouldn't call her an immense failure.
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Postby Jbgarrison » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:14 am

If there were a USA presence on Dinoreich, I suspect Silent Sigfig would be aware of it. :P
Hoboman wrote:I forgot for a moment what forum I was on.

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison
Spokane, Washington, USA
TROLOLO
Jbgarrison
Minifig

Postby White Nun » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:10 am

501stCadians wrote:
Porphyrogenitus wrote:
White Nun wrote:Hum, for the Americans I'll have to see if I can devise a paddlesteamer I suppose........

Might I suggest some kind of Monitor-style ironclad?  Single cannon in a turret, half-submerged and armored.

You do know the Monitor was an immense failure, and was barely seaworthy, right?

Which makes it perfect for Brik Wars!  Zupponn is right though they did work very well on rivers despite not exactly having a shallow draft.  I like Monitors, - quite a few Monitor gunboats were built by various navies and they were the hot 'must have' item for a short while there.

Oh and yes, rafts and such like craft will figure on the waterways of Dinoreich  :wink:
White Nun
Dimmy

Postby Silent-sigfig » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:58 am

I was thinking of building several 1960s vehicles(Patton tanks, huey helicopters) for shipment to dinoreich.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Postby White Nun » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:10 am

You do realise that they would be considered to be 'modern and new fangled' on Dinoreich.  The only tank that's ever been seen on Dinoreich was the French F17 and as for helicopters the autogyro is still considered to be cutting edge out there.  Wow! - the Britannian garrison at Despond is really going to get a surprise  :o
White Nun
Dimmy

Postby subyrally » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:34 am

i really like the idea of gun boats. i am working on a few ideas for some gun boats to be made after i finish the HatredTank, but for the moment, i only have a couple light, fast inflatable insertion craft and one small patrol boat that is under armed for anthing more than goint fast while running away, lol. (only has rear mounted weapons right now)

i would love to see an encounter between the steam punk factions and the high tech new-comers to the area. that could be interesting.
"Warning: Small children may present a choking hazard when consumed."
TROLOLO
subyrally
Cannon Fodder

Postby Porphyrogenitus » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:28 pm

501stCadians wrote:
Porphyrogenitus wrote:

So what?  It'd be a perfect ship to fob off on a backwater diplomatic garrison.  Besides, the Monitor looks cool.

0 Lord, save Thy people and bless Thine Inheritance. To our Rulers grant victories over the barbarians, and by Thy Cross protect Thine own Estate.
Porphyrogenitus
Officer

Location: Aurora, Indiana, United States, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Postby Silent-sigfig » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:03 pm

The difference is that while all of the other factions build walkers to travel through the forests of dinoreich, the USA burns the forests down.

USA garrison:

BFenix wrote:

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Postby Hoboman » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:10 pm

Silent-sigfig wrote:The difference is that while all of the other factions build walkers to travel through the forests of dinoreich, the USA burns the forests down.

This does not sound right. The Americans would leave up some trees so they could hang their Hammocks up.  :lol:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Jbgarrison » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:03 pm

The United Systems garrison on Dinoreich is gloriously relavent.
Hoboman wrote:I forgot for a moment what forum I was on.

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison
Spokane, Washington, USA
TROLOLO
Jbgarrison
Minifig

Postby White Nun » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:58 am

Hoboman wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote:The difference is that while all of the other factions build walkers to travel through the forests of dinoreich, the USA burns the forests down.

This does not sound right. The Americans would leave up some trees so they could hang their Hammocks up.  :lol:

Also the forests on Dinoreich tend to make other rain forests look as dry as tinder.  All of which means that words for 'burn' are almost non-existent in the local native languages and dialects.
White Nun
Dimmy

Postby mgb519 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:39 am

M.A.S.S. has energy flamers-would those work?
mgb519
My Little Pony

Postby Warhead » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:58 am

As per the Immortal Pact: In the event of any similar Assqeerious/PedoNuker discord style attack the Immortals are willing, ready and able to annihilate all, in defence of their allies. In this case the Britannian's.
Warhead
kaka pants

Postby Silent-sigfig » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:40 am

Warhead wrote:As per the Immortal Pact: In the event of any similar Assqeerious/PedoNuker discord style attack the Immortals are willing, ready and able to annihilate all, in defence of their allies. In this case the Britannian's.

By USA standards, the vietnam era equiptment were sending is anceint. Besides, america lost the  vietnam war. So don't get your panties in a bunch.

White Nun wrote:
Hoboman wrote:

Also the forests on Dinoreich tend to make other rain forests look as dry as tinder.  All of which means that words for 'burn' are almost non-existent in the local native languages and dialects.

Napalm perhaps? Either way, one more disadvantage for the USA presence on dinoriech.
BFenix wrote:

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury