News from Dinoreich.

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Postby RunsWithLegos » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:48 pm

loving  the use of cloan brands, they add a bit of definition to your forces.
RunsWithLegos
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby White Nun » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:53 pm

@Robot Monkey:  Yes the turret is a wee bit on the boxy side on the Brit tank, but that was what I was aiming for really since it's supposed to contain a boiler and all sorts of other steam gubbins.  Really it's more of a blockhouse that can be moved around than a practical tank so that's why I went for such a chunky design.

@Runny:  Thanks  :D  Unlike Lego most of the cloan brands have a military series of sets, - some being better than others, - and one or two being very good indeed.  The big COGO Army set I purchased just this week is working out to have almost no vices or problems at all.  The brick quality is very good in general and I would rate them at 90-95% of Lego.  
That tank went together very easily and the instruction book is  easy to follow.  The only problem I did have was that the instructions were a bit vague about how the turret fitted on and the parts provided didn't really do the job.  Wasn't hard to devise a work around solution though.  The tank is similar in general shape to some amphibious tanks so that's what it's going to be from now on.  Makes a lot of sense on a wet world like Dinoreich.

PT-76 amphibian tank
White Nun
Dimmy

Postby Silent-sigfig » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Oy vey. i'll have a real american steam garrison built in no time.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Postby Pwnerade » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:08 pm

The Americans look significantly more modern than the other factions. They have a much more post-WW2 look to them. It doesn't seem to quite fit with the whole steampunk theme. That aside, they are a great-looking faction.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Postby White Nun » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:57 am

Pwnerade wrote:The Americans look significantly more modern than the other factions. They have a much more post-WW2 look to them. It doesn't seem to quite fit with the whole steampunk theme. That aside, they are a great-looking faction.

That may change as I get hold of some more customising bits.  I wanted them to be recognisably more modern, but not too modern.
White Nun
Dimmy

Previous

Return to The Armoury