Briktoid Automata

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Falk » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Whiteagle wrote:All "Space Skeletons" ... 2CP
Pilots ...3CP,
while STAP operators ...5CP.
Eh-5 Lazor Blastor... 4CP

The waepon costs more than the troops?
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Whiteagle » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:43 pm

Falk wrote:The waepon costs more than the troops?

Yep.
Remember they also only have an Armor rating of 2, meaning these bots are literally BUILT to be mass fodder.
They can just come back later and salvage everything anyways!

Plus if the Organics do loot the guns, so what, they probably will just use them to kill other Organics.
Ether way Fleshings die, IT'S A WIN/WIN!
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby IVhorseman » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:52 pm

I'd honestly give the STAPs 16" of hover movement and 1d10 armor. If that seems a bit too fast for you, drop it to 12" and drop 2" from the movement of everything else.

Piloting and Targeting is a combination I haven't used before but like quite a bit. Normally a pilot's action is an attack, but to let a pilot mark dudes like this means he's both highly mobile, AND can do recon. This might be a good way to make "spy vehicles" or whatever in brikwars work!

And yes, quite often weapons are more expensive than the troops carrying them. I don't usually keep track of CP so I can't tell you how "fair" your guys are made, but I like em.

If you play with some kind of droid factory, you could even give them the "cannon fodder" ability: instead of having 2 armor they have zero, but as soon as they die, they're respawned at the factory! The downside is that they don't have to all be killed for you to be eliminated from the game when all your other guys get killed.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Whiteagle » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:31 pm

IVhorseman wrote:I'd honestly give the STAPs 16" of hover movement and 1d10 armor. If that seems a bit too fast for you, drop it to 12" and drop 2" from the movement of everything else.

Piloting and Targeting is a combination I haven't used before but like quite a bit. Normally a pilot's action is an attack, but to let a pilot mark dudes like this means he's both highly mobile, AND can do recon. This might be a good way to make "spy vehicles" or whatever in brikwars work!

I'd question the 1d10 armor, but then I didn't realise Targeting took up an action.
Honestly I don't know why most "scouting" vehicle pilots wouldn't have it, but really the only reason mine do is because I wanted the older ones I have with "backpack" to some how have different stats than ether regular Space Skeletons or the blue chested pilots.

Also, would hover movement have any extra cost?
IVhorseman wrote:If you play with some kind of droid factory, you could even give them the "cannon fodder" ability: instead of having 2 armor they have zero, but as soon as they die, they're respawned at the factory! The downside is that they don't have to all be killed for you to be eliminated from the game when all your other guys get killed.

Actually, their Astromek leaders pull of something similar, rolling a die to resurrect that number of droids within reach every turn, the downside being they can't hold weapons.
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby IVhorseman » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:24 pm

You'd be surprised at how fast something can take about 2d10 damage.

Scouting vehicle pilots probably SHOULD have that ability - i've just never thought of it before. I'm gonna play-test it sometime soon.

Cost of your movement only depends on whether you want it to be flying or not. A hovering vehicle that can only stay a few feet or inches above the ground can still go over rough terrain and water with ease, but if it's able to veer up and over large rocks and wreckages in the way, then you're getting into the realm of flight. It's your call.
IVhorseman

Postby Whiteagle » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:32 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Cost of your movement only depends on whether you want it to be flying or not. A hovering vehicle that can only stay a few feet or inches above the ground can still go over rough terrain and water with ease, but if it's able to veer up and over large rocks and wreckages in the way, then you're getting into the realm of flight. It's your call.

Alright, good to know.

All of my Briktoid vehicles are hovering, and in the set up for my first scenario I have a transport skimming over shark infested waters.
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:58 pm

Alright, I've got a stat question...

Originally I gave the STAP pilots the "Targeting" speciality (Mark 1 enemy within 10" to give +1d6 Range Skill to all allies) from the old supplemental materials, since I couldn't find the section with Scouts in the 2010 rules...

Now that I have found it, I know they don't have the +2CP Targeting, but a +1CP skill called "Tracking" instead.
Tracking only gives a +1 Attack Bonus to a marked visible target within 8", but also auto detects all Hidden units in that unit's field of view.
Scout's also have the "Pathfinding" (+1CP; allows bypass of Unstable Ground for self and others at 1/2 speed; allows manipulation of locks and Triggers; 1d8 Skill vs. Field Hazards) and "Stealth" (+2CP; adds 1/3 cover; allows Invisibility) specialities...
While I was never going to give the STAP Pilots Stealth, I'm wondering whether or not to replace Targeting with Tracking and Pathfinding.

I ask because I'm pretty sure I'm giving the "Kommando 64 Droids" Stealth and possibly Pathfinding, while I could maybe give Targeting to the eventual orange/yellow torso-ed Gunner Droids.

Also, under Piloting, it mentions that one can fire a paired set of identical weapons...
What would be the Use rating and damage for that?
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:58 am

two-weapon attacks just roll the damage and UR of using just one weapon, except you do both. It's exactly as awesome as it sounds like it's supposed to be.

Why not give em more abilities? The only reason not to give a guy an ability is if you're never gonna use it.
IVhorseman

Postby Whiteagle » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:54 am

IVhorseman wrote:two-weapon attacks just roll the damage and UR of using just one weapon, except you do both. It's exactly as awesome as it sounds like it's supposed to be.

Wait, so do you roll the UR and Damage for one and then just double the Damage, roll UR for one and then roll Damage for each, or roll UR and Damage for each?

IVhorseman wrote:Why not give em more abilities? The only reason not to give a guy an ability is if you're never gonna use it.

Well that's just to avoid kerfuffle of how a Pilot with Stealth would work.
I mean, the STAP gives its rider 2/3's cover from the front to begin with so they could hide immediately, but that's kind of pointless if the STAP itself is still clearly visible.
Targeting and Tracking are kind of a toss up; the former gives an arguably better bonus with greater range but cost more and is from the early supplemental materials, while the latter cost less and auto detects (enemy?) Hidden units but doesn't give quite as good of a bonus.
Pathfinding is good, as it allows a bit of fudge ether way.

The Kommando 64 Droids, on the other hand, are also getting Trooper Performance Modification on top of regular Mini-fig stats.
They'll have Move 7", Armor 6, and Skill 1d6+2 for 7CP before any Specialities are added.
...I also might be giving them jet packs...
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:45 pm

+1d6 to skill means they'll hit almost invaribly. The Ninja's CC ability has proven this several times over in brikwars I've played. It starts getting tedious and annoying, but that might just be because I was on the defending side each time.

1d6+2 is about equal to 1d10 by the way. Although, I tend to give specially trained minifigs 1d8 skill.

And no, two weapon attacks are just two separate attacks that occur simultaneously. Roll twice against both URs. Maybe you hit just one, maybe you hit twice, maybe you completely miss.
IVhorseman

Postby Whiteagle » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:05 pm

IVhorseman wrote:+1d6 to skill means they'll hit almost invaribly. The Ninja's CC ability has proven this several times over in brikwars I've played. It starts getting tedious and annoying, but that might just be because I was on the defending side each time.

Ah, so Targeting would probably be better given to my Gunner Droids then, since they'd sacrifice their firing Action to Lock-on.
Tracking is a natural counter to Stealth and makes sense for STAP Pilots to have, but I am questioning whether denying my opponent the ability to sneak up and stabificate my droids is fair...

IVhorseman wrote:1d6+2 is about equal to 1d10 by the way. Although, I tend to give specially trained minifigs 1d8 skill.

Eh, I'll just swap the 1d6+2 with a 1d8 for the same CP, it's the similar effect I was going for anyways.

IVhorseman wrote:And no, two weapon attacks are just two separate attacks that occur simultaneously. Roll twice against both URs. Maybe you hit just one, maybe you hit twice, maybe you completely miss.

Alright, definitely good to know since I'm going to probably equip all the transports with duel forward weapons.
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby Whiteagle » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Oh hey, I never posted my Saturnalia expansion to my forces:
Tank Droid and the new stuff!

The new Rocket Rack!

And here's good old Slash and Blast for posterity!
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby Zupponn » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:28 pm

I like the rocket rack. :overwatch:
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Whiteagle » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:49 pm

Zupponn wrote:I like the rocket rack. :overwatch:

:all:
ALL THE ROCKETS!!!
:all:
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby Silverdream » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:15 pm

No offense, but this isn't as much of an army as it is a bunch of lego sets. You should build more creative stuff or adapt your LDD models.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury