Briktoid Automata

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby RedRover » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:10 pm

Vami is incredibly quotable in this thread. My honest opinion is much like Bluefog's, if you are going to post unoriginal shit, don't. No one cares to see a starwars droid army that you renamed and maybe tweaked a couple things.
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Legomc » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:22 pm

Man, some people just need baby siblings. You CAN'T keep sets together.
TheVengefulOne wrote:
XxXTheEdgiestMemeXxX wrote:>I believe Concave Dolphin is a very balanced and well-rounded team. However, Concave Dolphin could benefit from a healer and a tank. :tiger:

If you mean Concave Dolphin could benefit from being run over by a tank, I think they already have.
Legomc
you don't nessesarily think about what you are saying

Postby Whiteagle » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:27 pm

RedRover wrote:No one cares to see a starwars droid army that you renamed and maybe tweaked a couple things.

Except all the people who have used Briktoid in their forum battles and such...
Because, GUESS WHAT, using stock sets make it very easy for them to build a small Droid Force and call it Briktoid!

How many people are building Space Canadian Spider Tanks?
Scythian Orpheus?
Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Postby Vami IV » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:41 pm

WhiteNoah wrote:
RedRover wrote:No one cares to see a starwars droid army that you renamed and maybe tweaked a couple things.

Because they're cannon fodder. Plain and simple.
WhiteNoah wrote:Because, GUESS WHAT, using stock sets make it very easy for them to build a small Droid Force and call it Briktoid!

It IS easy to be exetremely lazy and buy sets for cannon fodder, as you have proven.
WhiteNoah wrote:How many people are building Space Canadian Spider Tanks?
Scythian Orpheus?

Because A. People have much better things to do with their legos and B.
Who is telling you to build an Assyrian Spider Tank or a Scythian Orpheus? I can make baseless claims about people telling me to build Fredde's Tigershark SHDT, too!
Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Postby stubby » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:55 pm

Whiteagle wrote:They're roughly 2" both ways if I don't include the width added by the "Wings," but are those considered limbs or not?

Wings on a creature are limbs, but on a machine they're still surface features rather than main structure. So they're not counted either way.

Vami IV wrote:You'll understand why I changed your name once you look at "Noah's" army threads: One. Two. Now note every time someone says "hey yo stockism isn't cool bro build something new" and then Noah turning into you.

Hey what the hell, Noah's army is rad. And I've been known to do fully-stockist battles myself once or twice.

I think, if I had to choose between people playing BrikWars with nothing but sets straight out of the box, and people with sticks up their butts getting all elitist and telling them  in 200-pt font that's the "wrong" way to play BrikWars, I don't think there's any mystery about which side I'd side with.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Postby Colette » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:52 am

Whiteagle wrote:

Because, GUESS WHAT, using stock sets make it very easy for them to build a small Droid Force and call it Briktoid!

How many people are building Space Canadian Spider Tanks?
Scythian Orpheus?

...for once, I feel like Whiteagle has a point, speaking as someone who's hosted quite a few chat battles.

Still not an excuse for the lazy and almost sole use of unmodified sets, but hey, there's worse crimes out there. It's convenient to have "that one lazy cloan trooper faction" (or dozen) for battles.
ImageImageImage
Because everything's better with math.
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Postby Whiteagle » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:20 am

Colette wrote:Still not an excuse for the lazy and almost sole use of unmodified sets, but hey, there's worse crimes out there.

Hey I'm not trying to be lazy...
The Platoon Attack Hovercraft got loaded with Dakka, the Multi-Ultility Transport got a couple of guns strapped to it, and I replaced the useless "Gun" and "Repair Droid" racks with more Space Skeletons on the Multi-Troop Transport.

Right now I'm trying to build up my other two factions, the Pseudo-Arachnid Empire and the Tairin Federation, but [WHITEAGLE PROBLEMS].
Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Postby ikensall » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:15 am

I don't really like droid sets...

But hey, now that you've got that MTT you can tear the bastard up and get building something! Perhaps try something out in LDD first to give yourself an idea of what you want to do, but with all those brown parts I'd reccomend a floating space-turd themed build.
ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Postby Whiteagle » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:42 am

ikensall wrote:But hey, now that you've got that MTT you can tear the bastard up and get building something! Perhaps try something out in LDD first to give yourself an idea of what you want to do, but with all those brown parts I'd reccomend a floating space-turd themed build.

I'm not ripping up my MTT!
Mostly because it's three-fourths paneling and I got it as a present.
Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Postby Duerer » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:03 pm

stubby wrote:I think, if I had to choose between people playing BrikWars with nothing but sets straight out of the box, and people with sticks up their butts getting all elitist and telling them  in 200-pt font that's the "wrong" way to play BrikWars, I don't think there's any mystery about which side I'd side with.

Wait what?! Why the hell would you play a game with some lazy fuck, who doesn't even make his own stuff with an own backstory and maybe own custom decals! I'd NEVER EVER play with such shits, even if that guy's like the only one, I could play with and lives near my area!

But srsly, some people might have forgotten, that the main part of BW is the game and ruleset itself, while some nerds making up stories around it AKA BrikFiction only makes up a fraction of it.
If I'd had the opportunity, I would take one of my armies and fight them against any opponent, may it be a hodgepodge army or just one army entirely made out of Lego\Nega\Cobi\anything sets.
I can even understand, why people would keep certain sets. The whole Lego Movie line, for example, had some of the best sets ever and I still got that stuff around, unmodified.
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Postby Bluefog » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:08 pm

Don't mistake my post for a lack of love of hodgepodge. I love the hodgepodge armies. That's doing something with very little and a lot of times they look actually pretty neat, I also wouldn't turn down a match with someone based on their army being stock sets. I only mean it's more interesting to look at when there's a degree of originality about it.
"Hey, you try making love to a complete stranger in a hostile, mutant environment, see how you like it."
Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Postby Duerer » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:35 pm

Bluefog wrote:Don't mistake my post for a lack of love of hodgepodge. I love the hodgepodge armies. That's doing something with very little and a lot of times they look actually pretty neat, I also wouldn't turn down a match with someone based on their army being stock sets. I only mean it's more interesting to look at when there's a degree of originality about it.

That's actually alright. It's just the elitist tendencies, that bother me. I've already seen, how members of other forums began to shit on every newcomer, because they didn't do stuff the way, they wanted to.
It came to a point, where no one didn't give a fuck anymore and everyone left, with no new users to fill the void.
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Postby RedRover » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:31 pm

I don't mind that people own them, play with them, battle with them, or whatever. It's just that I don't care to see photos upon photos of unmoded sets just sitting there. if they are included in a battle report, that's sweet! Give them an awesome backstory / some plot in a soap, that's cool too. A pic of a bunch of sets that just say, "here's my army" is just not appealing. This could just be my opinion for all I care, but it's just not captivating or creative.
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Vami IV » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:19 am

stubby wrote:
Whiteagle wrote:They're roughly 2" both ways if I don't include the width added by the "Wings," but are those considered limbs or not?

Wings on a creature are limbs, but on a machine they're still surface features rather than main structure. So they're not counted either way.

I think, if I had to choose between people playing BrikWars with nothing but sets straight out of the box, and people with sticks up their butts getting all elitist and telling them  in 200-pt font that's the "wrong" way to play BrikWars, I don't think there's any mystery about which side I'd side with.

You're missing my point. Maybe if you invested more time into reading the writing on the walls instead of taking a huge shit everywhere constantly we wouldn't be sitting here arguing over what an idiot should do with his toys.

I know you don't like wasting your time reading my posts but the point I have made in this thread is that WhiteNoah obviously has more than enough time and an income of money, so he can work with what he has right now and start cool things while he pinches pennies and takes the necessary steps towards bricklinking pieces for his ldd creations so he can become a notable and upstanding forum member and even contributor.

inb4 that sounds cool vami should do that yourself
Vami IV

Postby james+burgundy » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:58 pm

So you went form LDD to ... Lego sets designed by someone else? Maybe one day you will use your imagination and actually build something yourself with real bricks. Until said time nice lego sets, good to see you know how to spend money like everyone else and follow simple instructions.
My Flickr
My YouTube
Indisputable rules of Brik Wars.
1.OTC Wins .. Always
2.There is NEVER to much blood and gore.
james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury