Possible Zupponn Mining Co. Dreadnut

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Alex
Nice TRIPS

Re: Possible Zupponn Mining Co. Dreadnut

Post by Alex » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:Personally, I am not a fan of the wings. Compared to the industrial main body, the wings look flimsy and fragile. I would made a smaller, black and red demon using the same techniques you used to make this one, but sleeker and use the wings on those. Just my 2 cents.
I think that I'd advocate for either heavier wings or the jetpack/rocket pods. Something like a drill/buzzsaw attachment for one arm might also be a good idea, since it's part of the Zupponn Mining Co. It would be more versatile in both combat and noncombat roles. Otherwise, nice work. It looks solid, something that can take punishment and then dish it back out. :D

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:25 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:Personally, I am not a fan of the wings. Compared to the industrial main body, the wings look flimsy and fragile. I would made a smaller, black and red demon using the same techniques you used to make this one, but sleeker and use the wings on those. Just my 2 cents.
You do make a good point. The wings sort of don't fit with the rest of the dreadnut.
Alex wrote:I think that I'd advocate for either heavier wings or the jetpack/rocket pods. Something like a drill/buzzsaw attachment for one arm might also be a good idea, since it's part of the Zupponn Mining Co. It would be more versatile in both combat and noncombat roles. Otherwise, nice work. It looks solid, something that can take punishment and then dish it back out. :D
I remember when I first made the ZMC that I tried to keep the theme with drills and mining lasers, but I've been getting away from that a bit. The ZMC has had to militarize more ever since they were hired by the Immortals.

Also, I recently changed the gatling gun on the left arm. I'll get some new pics up when I can.

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Okay, here are 2 pics of the new and improved gatling gun:

Front view.

Side view.

I'm not sure if I like the chain going through the barrels or not, so let me know what you guys think.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:24 pm

A quite literal interpretation of the chaingun, I like it!

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:29 pm

Wait, a chaingun doesn't shoot chains?

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:27 am

Zupponn wrote:Wait, a chaingun doesn't shoot chains?
Not sure if you're trolling.

Still. A chaingun gets its name not from the ammunition it fires but from its firing mechanism. While most weapons operate thanks to the recoil generated from the combustion of the powder mixture in the cartridge chamber (allowing the weapon to fire continuously, the principle of most automatic weapons), chainguns have a very powerful, external electric engine that is connected to the actual gun with a chain, something close to that of a bicycle of motorcycle. Without having to rely on recoil, chainguns are usually more accurate, controllable and reliable, since the cycle that the chain and engine create; load, fire, extract and eject the ammunition.
They are usually mounted in IFVs and warships due to their characteristics that make them tolerable to high caliber ammunition.

A common mistake is naming a gatling gun/minigun, a chaingun, since the previous ones use a system of multiple revolving barrels and not the chain system, which I believe is the case here.

EDIT: But hey, :sparta: so if you want, fuck that and grind some chains down your foes!

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:14 pm

On the other hand, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain-shot has always been a favorite of mine
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:40 pm

BFenix wrote:
Zupponn wrote:Wait, a chaingun doesn't shoot chains?
Not sure if you're trolling.
I was. :P
stubby wrote:On the other hand, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain-shot has always been a favorite of mine
I remember seeing that for the first time in either one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies or Master and Commander and thinking that it was something made up only for the movies. Very cool and awesome weapon though. :)