Cthulhu

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Cthulhu

Postby Entity001 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:18 am

Well, here he is! The great Cthulhu! I don't know how I'd use him in a game except for this one: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9228 , but I thought I'd share it here. I'll put it on mocpages as well. EDIT: It is. http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/313019
It took quite a lot of time, and I'm very proud of the end result. Yes, I know it's all Bionicle- but that's because I wanted him to look incomprehensible and alien.
Without further ado-

Just hangin' out. I chose to give him tentacles instead of legs to make him look more alien.

This should explain the main body construction, if anyone's curious.

Foolish mortals...
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Constructive criticism is welcome!
Last edited by Entity001 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Entity001
Officer

Re: Cthulhu

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:01 am

So I'm assuming he runs about as fast as a horse, so give him 10" unrestricted movement on four tentacles as propulsion devices. You can make those claws as large weapons using either the measurement of the claws themselves, OR the entire arm if you're feeling ballsy. I guess those mouth tentacles could be a melee weapon as well, and fuck it, throw in some eye lasers! This may even be one of the few creations worthy of having 5d10 Armor!
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Bragallot » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:40 am

Badass. And he'll look even better when surrounded by other Lego.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby Entity001 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:03 am

Bragallot wrote:Badass. And he'll look even better when surrounded by other Lego.

Thanks. I had plans to make a minifig-scale Lego city or town for Cthulhu to wreak havoc in, but I don't have the time at the moment.

IVhorseman wrote:So I'm assuming he runs about as fast as a horse, so give him 10" unrestricted movement on four tentacles as propulsion devices. You can make those claws as large weapons using either the measurement of the claws themselves, OR the entire arm if you're feeling ballsy. I guess those mouth tentacles could be a melee weapon as well, and fuck it, throw in some eye lasers! This may even be one of the few creations worthy of having 5d10 Armor!

Thanks for the suggestion. The only way this would be a fair fight is if my opponent was Nyarlathotep or Dagon...or just a huge army. I was worried he wouldn't have any ranged weapons, but yeah, eye lasers!
He's Cthulhu! Whadda ya mean he can't have eye lasers? :sbr:
Entity001
Officer

Postby Pwnerade » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:11 am

I always Bionicle to be a bizarre and inferior offshoot of Lego. However, with this, you have shown its potential for awesomeness! This is a spectacular and innovative design. :guinness:
:sparta:
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby Entity001 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:15 am

Pwnerade wrote:I always Bionicle to be a bizarre and inferior offshoot of Lego. However, with this, you have shown its potential for awesomeness! This is a spectacular and innovative design. :guinness:
:sparta:

Thank you for your kind words! :guinness:
Entity001
Officer

Postby Bragallot » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:50 am

Oh, I'd dare take that on like Bonn-o-Tron... If only for the destruction that would follow. Having your armies destroyed by something that cool isn't too bad, and remember... 'The fiercest serpent may be overcome by a swarm of ants.' ;) I also have a mech about the same size with a huge OT sword! That should count for something. But yeah it's Cthulhu.
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby Keldoclock » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:36 am

:<3:
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby Swordsalmon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:00 am

It looks like it could devour 1d6 minifigs per turn.
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.
Swordsalmon
Dimmy

Postby stubby » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:53 am

Entity001 wrote:Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Constructive criticism is welcome!

This is how I'm always going to interpret "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" from now on like Bonn-o-Tron.

Also I want to remember to go into the wiki at some point and change the backstory of anything bionicle to be brikthulhian in origin. Because this makes a lot of sense.

Bionikhulhu maybe? Bayounikhulhu?

Side note / fun fact: maybe some people know that bionicle was based on Pacific Island religion with its tiki masks and so forth (and actually was the subject of some lawsuits as a result if I remember right). Does anybody know that the early versions were based on Caribbean islands instead? It was originally an all-voodoo theme, but I think that tested poorly with the Walmart crowd.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Tzan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Cthonicle

Cthunicle

Cthulhicle

Although it may be better to start with a B
So its referring to bionicles more than cthulhu

Biokthulhu
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Ben-Jammin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:13 pm

Side note / fun fact: maybe some people know that bionicle was based on Pacific Island religion with its tiki masks and so forth (and actually was the subject of some lawsuits as a result if I remember right). Does anybody know that the early versions were based on Caribbean islands instead? It was originally an all-voodoo theme, but I think that tested poorly with the Walmart crowd.

Yeah, that's why "tohunga" got changed to "matoran", as well as several character names (i.e. Huki to Hewki, Maku to Macku, etc.) in the storyline. And in the previous incarnation of LDD, on the Lego Universe set, if you chose some bionicle elements (such as the original toa foot) it would say "VOODOO FOOT".
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Dagonicle?

Shubionicle-negawrath?

I still prefer Munchkin Cthulhu's "Gnarlythotep" as the best lovecraftian pun.

Zoth-omg
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby stubby » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Entity001 wrote:I was worried he wouldn't have any ranged weapons, but yeah, eye lasers!
He's Cthulhu! Whadda ya mean he can't have eye lasers? :sbr:

I'd think His ranged weapon would be insanity. He turns His baleful gaze on you and bam, insane.

Alternately, since this is BrikWars, His weapon might instead be ensanity. That is, He turns His baleful gaze on a minifig, and bam, the minifig becomes psychotically sane. Like "oh my god I live in a universe devoted to violence and every single thing I can see is trying to kill me" sane. Or better, "oh my god we are plastic toys and I can see giant humans moving us around." Can you imagine how disruptive even a small number of completely sane minifigs could be?
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Bragallot » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:35 pm

The Brikwars influence is too strong. I once summoned a horde of anti-violence protesters in someone's forum battle and they immediately started beating people up.
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Next

Return to The Armoury