Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians, dilanski

Is This cool or not?

Yes
79%
Yes
21%

Total votes : 47

Postby Rayhawk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:43 pm

RJ wrote:That answered almost all of my questions and partly ruined my subscription theory - but it still could happen - I hope it could happen.

Actually I think your subscription theory came pre-ruined.

Zahru II wrote:Image

This guy comes with a red cape and another head with a superhero mask. I tricked my old boss into thinking Lego was making a political statement by creating their first dapper superhero, since the symbol on his chest looks like two interlocked male symbols. He was INSANELY EXCITED. He made bets with a bunch of the other guys in the company that Lego made a dapper superhero minifig, and naturally they came to me to verify it as the expert on all things Lego. He lost a lot of money that day.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Fulizer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:48 am

Rayhawk wrote:I tricked my old boss into thinking Lego was making a political statement by creating their first dapper superhero, since the symbol on his chest looks like two interlocked male symbols.

lego has never really made political statements, and does the exact opposite and is always politicly correct, even with Bionicle they were excessivley careful with the portrayal of Mata Nui (as a spirit, not a island) to retain their political correctness. I think it's a shame that lego has chosen to be associated with such a young audience, because much more could be done if they tried to make sets which were aimed at the older lego users (looking at the possible future lego games thread would give you ideas, lego terminator would actually be quite epic IMHO)
TROLOLO
Fulizer
Cannon Fodder

Postby Arkbrik » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:26 am

Rayhawk wrote:

This guy comes with a red cape and another head with a superhero mask. I tricked my old boss into thinking Lego was making a political statement by creating their first dapper superhero, since the symbol on his chest looks like two interlocked male symbols. He was INSANELY EXCITED. He made bets with a bunch of the other guys in the company that Lego made a dapper superhero minifig, and naturally they came to me to verify it as the expert on all things Lego. He lost a lot of money that day.

Hey, I have that minifig. An opportunity suddenly presents itself.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby Fulizer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:51 am

Arkbrik wrote:
Rayhawk wrote:

Hey, I have that minifig. An opportunity suddenly presents itself.

also, is he paired with a dimmy?
another possible oppertunity.
TROLOLO
Fulizer
Cannon Fodder

Postby stubby » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:14 pm

Fulizer wrote:also, is he paired with a dimmy?
another possible oppertunity.

Yes, although this particular Dimmy's name is "Mister Slave."

I am so proud of myself for using a rail superhero to derail this thread.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Fulizer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:00 pm

you sucsessfully derailed a derailed thread! we are now megaderailed! I wonder if this thread coujld be derailed more...
TROLOLO
Fulizer
Cannon Fodder

Postby warman45 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:00 pm

their this thread is now more de-railed than before!
warman45
Dimmy

Postby benkim123 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:25 am

You posted pictures of some derailed trains and that makes the thread derailed?

There's a difference between trains and threads.
benkim123
Jaw-Jaw

Postby RJ » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:07 am

threads are like this...

Duh!
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?
RJ
Mega Blok

Postby Professor Fairfield » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:42 am

Go ahead and resume the remarks that I'm an ivory-tower snob, but I do believe that the new Eurogamer interview marks the first time I heard somebody refer to a penis as a "nob." Assuming that is what they were talking about. I could see calling a clitoris that, but if your penis looks like a nob I feel very sorry for you. (Come to think of it, I doubt anybody's going to call me an ivory-tower snob after I posted things like this, though they might have other angry things to say.)

For that matter, I'm a little dissapointed that they are so adamant about censoring that sort of thing. Of course I wouldn't risk losing my subscription by filling an online environment with giant phalluses, but I do hope there are more private options. For example, I'd be really mad if I made a bar and it got censored out. I hope fan-hosted servers that rely on passwords to keep out people they don't want make certain demographics feel more welcome.

I also hope, come to the property system, that each player doesn't get only a large patch of land separate from everybody else's large patch of land. What I think would be cool is if there were urban maps where multiple players owned land right next to--and clear view of--each other, and they could choose either to buy lots of land and build a wide building, minimal land but lots of bricks so they could build a skyscraper, or both so they could build something huge. Of course if we couldn't, I'd still build a city all by myself, but it would feel empty with many of the buildings being unnocupied and unworked.
The difference between Autism and Optimism? Autism is a mental disorder; Optimism is a SEVERE one.
TROLOLO
Professor Fairfield
Hero

Postby Warhead » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:40 am

It's just the top bit that gets called a knob, as in door knob.

Some call it a bell end though. Or German Helmet. Or... you get the idea.
Warhead
Build me an Army worthy of Mordor

Postby RJ » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:09 am

moving back on topic...

In the eurogamer interview they said there would be different lands - like ninja land or mars. to get there you would need to get past loading screens - maybe the personal spaces will be like that. A bit like the housing idea on ROBLOX.
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?
RJ
Mega Blok

Postby Rody » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:15 am

or maybe they are more like the player owned cities in anarchy online.
we don't know.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Professor Fairfield » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:58 pm

I'm still interested in LU, but that would be a disappointment for me. The point of online gaming is to interact with others, and with an online game about Legos it would be a good idea to have the creations of different players right next to one another.
The difference between Autism and Optimism? Autism is a mental disorder; Optimism is a SEVERE one.
TROLOLO
Professor Fairfield
Hero

Postby Fulizer » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:35 am

Rody wrote:or maybe they are more like the player owned cities in anarchy online.

if so... SHOTGUN METRU NUI!

anyways that would be a shame if creation sharing was difficult
TROLOLO
Fulizer
Cannon Fodder

PreviousNext

Return to blah blah minecraft