Dwarf Fortress Succession Game?

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians, dilanski

Postby Rody » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:28 am

my latest one floods the world in lava.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Arkbrik » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:14 pm

19th Timber

The Mountainhomes want the following from us:

It seems that toys would be a simple and lucrative business.

21st Timber

Hell yeah.

4th Moonstone, Early Winter

LOOK! LOOK! I’M A BLOODY GENIUS!

5th Moonstone

Now we’ll just wait for the water to evaporate, and then we can start farming.

13th Moonstone

The fortress has received a few improvements by the entrance: A number of cage traps by the door, a shortcut built outside the mountain providing easier access to the western workshops, and the noble rooms have been smoothed up.

23rd Moonstone

Another kobold coward approached our fortress today, but fled when spotted. We have planted the first seeds in our new farms, and there is an air of optimism in Razorcaught.

24th Moonstone

The kobold came back today and got inside, but Zuglar the Hauldwarf spotted it and screamed, making the vile creature retreat again.

5th Opal, Mid-Winter

The year is drawing to a close, and so my thoughts turn to the future. With the threat of starvation averted, we need some other way to pass the time. I often find myself pondering the magma pipe near the fortress. Where does it lead? What is the world like below all the magma? Are there beings there other than the fire imps? Maybe dwarves? I want to know. Therefore…

…we must go there.

Simply jumping into the magma is not an option, even if you wear three rope reed cloaks on top of each other. We must build a vessel able to withstand the heat and pressure at the center of the earth. If this project succeeds, Razorcaught will make history as the first fortress to contact the civilizations from the magma!

19th Opal

It is a great day today, for the first crop has grown in our new farms.

12th Obsidian, Late Winter

I have not been able to write for some time now, since I have been busy designing the release mechanism for our magma vessel. But now I think I have it. The vessel will be held in place by a bridge and some supports, which can both be opened remotely from within the vessel.

1st Granite

The new year is here, and we have started constructing the actual vessel! “Vessel…” it is becoming increasingly clear that we need a good name for it.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:08 pm

"Lavadepth", the Magma Submarine. This should be interesting...

How much time do you have left, Ark?
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Arkbrik » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Half a year. Damn, I need to play this more often.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby ahp77 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:47 pm

I has a DF problem. I just started recently, and got to the point where I needed beds and the like. I just realized that you can't make beds from stone.

What? These guys carry babies into battle on their backs, but can't sleep on stone?

What do I do?

I have: 2 miners, 1 woodcutter, 1 mason, 2 planters, and 1 brewer.

They only have one skill each.
ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:42 pm

Build a carpenter's shop. Hit u, select the woodcutter, then find his Labor list. Enable carpentry and make beds.

I think.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby ahp77 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:01 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:Build a carpenter's shop. Hit u, select the woodcutter, then find his Labor list. Enable carpentry and make beds.

I think.

What do you mean by "select"? (what button do I press once he's highlighted?)

EDIT: thx
Last edited by ahp77 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Arkbrik » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:10 pm

When the woodcutter is highlighted, press p for preferences, then l for labor, then select carpentry from the list.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby Bennanteno » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:46 pm

Make sure the magma sub has a noble crew. You can't trust commoners with such advanced technology.
Bennanteno
Officer

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:14 pm

AhhahahahahahaBrilliant.

No problem Aph.

Oy! Arkbrik! Get your rear in gear! I need to take my turn before I leave for Germany.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Arkbrik » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:39 am

9th Granite

It started raining today. The magma pipe is open to the sky but hopefully the dwarves will not grumble too much about it.

12th Granite

Elves! What the hell are they doing here?

15th Granite

Turns out the elves wanted to trade with us. I still don’t trust them. Sneaky bastards, that’s what they are, all of them.

18th Granite

The elves brought a ton of worthless wood and cloth. Why did they think that dwarves would be interested in that? The only useful goods they brought were five sun berries, which I bought for a couple of shiny beads. I think I got the better deal. Elves are so easily distracted by shiny things…

25th Granite

A goblin pedophile came to hand out candy to the children, but our wrestlers spotted it and gave it a good beating. Here you can see the goblin flying through the air.

9th Slate, Mid-Spring

Another goblin came strolling today, but suffered the same fate as the first one. Maybe an even worse fate, actually – I took a look at the corpse when the wrestlers were done with it, and I had a hard time finding a body part that wasn’t broken.

14th Slate

The hull of the Magmadepth is finished! What remains now are some of the doors, the roof, the furniture, the controls and the storage room. But the hard part is finished, and no one died despite the hazardous working conditions.

18th Slate

Yet another goblin, yet another horrible death. They just don’t get it, do they?

22nd Slate

We will make an overground farm to plant the seeds we got from the sun berries. This can let us produce sunshine booze!

28th Slate

Ah, fresh blood for the fortress.

As the new citizens got themselves registered, I saw that we have received 1 axedwarf, 2 clothiers, 1 pump operator, 1 siege engineer, 1 engineer, 1 weaver, 1 lye maker,1 furnace operator, 1 leatherworker, 1 thresher, 1 gem setter, 1 butcher, 1 tanner, 1 animal caretaker, 5 peasants, and 1 child. Mostly crap, but a few gems in there. With the population so large, Alåth Gídthurzuntir has been made mayor (under my supervision, of course), and the Fortress Guard has been created under the new Axedwarf Fikod Tileshmonom.

15th Felsite, Late Spring

The carving of grand rooms for the nobles is underway. They want a lot of furniture. Alåth probably deserves it, after all she did for the Magmadepth, but I can’t see what Fikod has done.

27th Felsite

Mayor Alåth mandated the construction of three iron items today. This would have been easy IF THERE WERE ANY IRON HERE. Thank Armok for the iron daggers that the goblin pedos dropped.

3rd Hematite, Early Summer

Another possession! And this time it is a peasant. I wonder what she will do.

Later the same day: Degël ran into a craftdwarf’s workshop and kicked out Led who was working there. Then she stole a plank from a nearby carpenter’s workshop and started carving it furiously.

7th Hematite

The Magmadepth is finished! Our hauldwarves are loading up the storage room with food and booze, and then we can set off… as soon as we get any volunteers for the crew. Strangely, no one has signed up yet.

Note to future rulers: The YELLOW lever pulls up the drawbridge. The RED lever releases the ship. Don’t pull the red lever until it’s the real deal.

With this project finished, I consider my work here done. I leave it to next overseer to continue the saga of Razorcaught.

Save here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby Ross_Varn » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Excellent job, Ark. Let's see if I can live up to this.

Figuring out the save transfer...
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Bennanteno » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:02 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:Excellent job, Ark. Let's see if I can live up to this.

Figuring out the save transfer...

Just unzip into your region 4 folder and let it overwrite.
Bennanteno
Officer

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:17 pm

Region one worked fine.

I be posting the first bit in the morning.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby pesgores » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:09 am

I'm not a "if graphics suck the game sucks". but I think ASCII isn't the best way of showing the game interface...
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

PreviousNext

Return to blah blah minecraft