Minecraft

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians, dilanski

Postby ForlornCreature » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:22 pm

ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Location: Animating lego in a dark room someplace in the savage land of Australia

Postby SnakeMittens » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:56 pm

What are you Holding?! And why are you still playing on alpha?
SnakeMittens
Galidor
Galidor

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:18 pm

its an ORANGE TRANSPARENT CHAINSAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If you fuck a clone of yourself, is it incest or masturbation?" - my best friend

Being a Knight of Space is hard work. Nobody else could land so many hot people and still be coherent.

razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Olothontor » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:11 pm

Started working on a texture pack for the server... I had a neat idea for Mossy Cobble, so I started there. With some small backend coding, it should end up working sorta like Redstone ore (i.e. you hit it and it goes active, and the runes glow. When activated by redstone, it glows perpetually).

More to come.

Still deciding whether OT should be Diamond or Lapis... Lapis is actually rarer, which would add a nice effect.

Anyone who's dedicated to mining eventually gets lots of diamonds, but only the true power seeker would get OT if he was lucky enough.

I digress, though.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby enders_shadow » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:55 pm

plz make pics larger.... can't see anything.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby DarthBrik » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:29 am

! GREAT IDEA!

make it like so you need lapiz obsidian lava bucket ciamond gold and redstone and sonething else. :P

Olothontor wrote:Started working on a texture pack for the server... I had a neat idea for Mossy Cobble, so I started there. With some small backend coding, it should end up working sorta like Redstone ore (I.e. you hit it and it goes active, and the runes glow. When activated by redstone, it glows perpetually).

More to come.

Still deciding whether OT should be Diamond or Lapis... Lapis is actually rarer, which would add a nice effect.

Anyone who's dedicated to mining eventually gets lots of diamonds, but only the true power seeker would get OT if he was lucky enough.

I digress, though.
-DarthBrik
-Defcon, Coperal
DarthBrik
Dimmy

Postby ForlornCreature » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:00 am

It's still aplpha because I posted that picture over 30 pages ago, probably more.
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Location: Animating lego in a dark room someplace in the savage land of Australia

Postby Olothontor » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:06 am

enders_shadow wrote:plz make pics larger.... can't see anything.

I actually... don't know how to do that. MS Paint bugs out every time I try to increase the pixel ratio, and Fireworks (what I normally use) has no function for it that I know of that doesn't screw up the resolution.

If you want to get a sense of what it looks like in-game, save the image and crank it up to 1600%. Sorry, mate.

P.S. Moar stuff. The iron door looks too... futurustic. I'm aiming for a fantasy setting here (don't worry, I'll fit the OT in just fine. It won't be chainsaws, but meh). Any suggestions on how to make the door look more period?
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Keldoclock » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:07 am

Find that steampunk texture pack. There is a chainsaw as a diamond axe texture there. Steal it and re-color.

The OTS up there is kinda crappy...

As for textures, I personally love Paintlerly with the dark wood and dark grass and leaves. Makes the game feel all tropical and rainforesty, even when in other biomes!

I can't see any of your pics atm because I'm on a school computer and they block everything.

Make the iron door a porticulus(sp?)-looking gate thing, or add clockwork things too it.

Server rules?

6. Thou shalt not spawn-kill
7. Thou shalt not raid other buildings without having first declared War on the other player and given them a day's warning.
8. Thou shalt build things that fit in with the other buildings
9. HOW I MINE FOR FISH??!!?!1!?!

Thats all we need, really. We should have mods for /home and those utilities, and that's all we NEED. Anything more is just fun. There's a sweeet mod that lets you control things you saddle, and even saddle up other players!
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby Olothontor » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:34 am

Currently, I think 501st is planning on including an NPC mod, the Vampires thing, and this RPG mod he found that gives each player stats and learnable skills like Swords, Axes, Mining, etc.

And obviously the admin mods and controls, along with the whitelisting plugin.

P.S. Speaking of Steampunk this texture pack is very much evolving along that theme. I made the iron very dark and slightly rusted (obviously not the ores and such). The stone is fairly dark and kinda grimy.

This is turning into a Industrial vs. Magic theme, between the grimy stone and iron and the glowy Mossy Cobble.

This should prove to be an interesting effect.

P.S. I've reached the point now where I've installed the texture pack and am using it (without the ability to switch back to default). This is my strategy. Anything that bugs me will definitely get fixed. Either that or I won't play Minecraft anymore, and that's quite unlikely.
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Keldoclock » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:01 am

Vampires?

:?

I did read about that RPG mod, it's pretty good. You can get parries with swords and 1-shot kill crits with axes and when ya mine more ya mine faster and I think proc ores as well.
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby Nitewatchman » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:20 pm

Keldoclock wrote:Vampires?

:?

I did read about that RPG mod, it's pretty good. You can get parries with swords and 1-shot kill crits with axes and when ya mine more ya mine faster and I think proc ores as well.

Yeah, you increase skills, and it doesn't limit you by levels like most other mods like it, do.

You even have an acrobatics skill that, if high enough, some times gets rid of fall damage.

I'm playing on a server with that mod and a couple others right now. Very fun.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
Nitewatchman
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Scottsamn » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:12 pm

You should definatly include elevator mod, it works really well and makes a lot of things much easier.
"I loved smoking that bastard"
-My mother, concerning an anoying squirle.
"I think his mate saw me. *BANG BANG BANG* Yes, yes he did."- The Sniper
Scottsamn
Dimmy

Postby Keldoclock » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:26 pm

1.4 is OUT! Get wolves! Get coco beans in dungeons and bake cookies! Find SteveCo Supply chests and open em up for the low price of $1! You get PRETTY SWEET SHIT!
I get dibs on the chests!

Yees little noooblet, open the box...proceed to checkout....muhahaha...
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:45 pm

I have no idea what you mean by the steveco supply chest but I checked out the wolves and they are sweet!
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

PreviousNext

Return to blah blah minecraft