No Tears for piltoggs: Nazis Get BANNED

One man, one vote

Moderator: Butthurt

Re: No Tears for piltoggs: Nazis Get BANNED

Postby Kommander Ken » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:04 am

Just make factions that hate everyone equally.  :phil:

Always worked fer me, ya bleedin gitz.
User avatar
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:25 am
Location: Coming soon to a Brikverse near you.

Re: No Tears for piltoggs: Nazis Get BANNED

Postby Darkstorm » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:46 pm

RedRover wrote:Thanks a lot Donald

TheCraigfulOne wrote:Piltogg Donald Duck

10/10
:fudge:  :ftw: :tiger:
The craigness is coming... Craigstorm will rise! Craig to all who oppose us!
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
What craigs, but has no craig, yet craigs all that craigs?
Some say the answer is craig, but only few know the real Craig. Soon, all will craig. Craigstorm is coming. :warhead:
User avatar
Darkstorm
oh god
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:17 pm
Location: In front of my laptop

Re: No Tears for piltoggs: Nazis Get BANNED

Postby Natalya » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:16 am

I was moving away from using the ASE for anything a couple years ago, but there remained lots of interest or at least it looked that way so I didn't let it quietly die.  Umm I absolutely would never allow them to dislike the other skin colours, just peach.  For me it absolutely was a gut reaction when peaches came out that minifigs are yellow damn it.  I still don't like peaches.  I'll probably hate them forever.

But in the mean time yeah y'all are right the internet is providing a way for white supremacists to network and recruit marginalized dimwits and things are looking fucked IRL.  So I'm not sure what to do.  Retkon the ASE to be peach tolerant?  Certainly possible in BrikWars but to what end?  Recently I disassembled my SHIP, and the ASE soldiers were broken anyway with their heavy laser rifles, and theyre looking tired tbh.  With my Space Canadians I have avoided that subject altogether; the kannon at this moment doesn't give them a stance either for or agInst peaches.  I can deide to focus my efforts on them.  But they are a kinda boring faction even if I think they look cooler than the ASE.  That was a pun btw.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."
User avatar
Natalya
I've trolled before.
 
Posts: 4475
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:57 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: No Tears for piltoggs: Nazis Get BANNED

Postby ninja_bait » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:27 am

Natalya wrote:Recently I disassembled my SHIP.


:no:
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
User avatar
ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Now I'm in New York, making bacon pancakes

Re: No Tears for piltoggs: Nazis Get BANNED

Postby Darkstorm » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:30 am

ninja_bait wrote:
Natalya wrote:Recently I disassembled my SHIP.


:no:

:no:
Tbh that ship was the thing that got me into brikwars in the first place. I saw it scrolling through images of lego space stuff.  :cry:
However, all must change in due time. Why don't you build a new SHIP for the CSL? That would be cool.
The craigness is coming... Craigstorm will rise! Craig to all who oppose us!
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
What craigs, but has no craig, yet craigs all that craigs?
Some say the answer is craig, but only few know the real Craig. Soon, all will craig. Craigstorm is coming. :warhead:
User avatar
Darkstorm
oh god
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:17 pm
Location: In front of my laptop

Re: No Tears for piltoggs: Nazis Get BANNED

Postby Tzan » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:02 am

I think peach racism is hillaryous.
I can somehow differentiate between a web forum fiction and actual reality.
I don't think legit racists take their cues from a bunch of forum nerds talking about the color of minifigs.

Get a grip people.


Of course staying away from a full on Piltogg faction that murders Jews is totally sensible.
But we never had that anyway.
User avatar
Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
 
Posts: 4496
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: No Tears for piltoggs: Nazis Get BANNED

Postby Falk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:05 am

Tzan has spoken
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
User avatar
Falk
I wanna touch the butt
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: No Tears for piltoggs: Nazis Get BANNED

Postby ninja_bait » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:21 pm

Darkstorm wrote: :no:
Tbh that ship was the thing that got me into brikwars in the first place. I saw it scrolling through images of lego space stuff.  :cry:
However, all must change in due time. Why don't you build a new SHIP for the CSL? That would be cool.


A couple smaller frigates would be cool so you can have them to fight each other.

So anyway, is Major Natalya getting a retirement party or a swan song battle soon?
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
User avatar
ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Now I'm in New York, making bacon pancakes

Re: No Tears for piltoggs: Nazis Get BANNED

Postby Falk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:47 pm

I thought Major Natalya is in the CSE now
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
User avatar
Falk
I wanna touch the butt
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: No Tears for piltoggs: Nazis Get BANNED

Postby RedRover » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:44 pm

Tzan wrote:I can somehow differentiate between a web forum fiction and actual reality.


I have not doubt that sensible people can accomplish this, it’s the other ones I fear.

Tzan wrote:I don't think legit racists take their cues from a bunch of forum nerds talking about the color of minifigs.


I’m sure the established ones don’t need cues to grow in their ideologie, just looking for places that they can perverse into an outlet. On a different note, I think we underestimate the amount of young form members and lurkers who might be more impressionable. By no means is Brikwars about being role models, but we also don’t need to model / perpetuate IRL hatred.

Just my 2 cents
User avatar
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be
 
Posts: 2495
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:36 pm
Location: CA

Re: No Tears for piltoggs: Nazis Get BANNED

Postby TheCraigfulOne » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:50 pm

RedRover wrote:
Tzan wrote:I can somehow differentiate between a web forum fiction and actual reality.


I have not doubt that sensible people can accomplish this, it’s the other ones I fear.

Tzan wrote:I don't think legit racists take their cues from a bunch of forum nerds talking about the color of minifigs.


I’m sure the established ones don’t need cues to grow in their ideologie, just looking for places that they can perverse into an outlet. On a different note, I think we underestimate the amount of young form members and lurkers who might be more impressionable. By no means is Brikwars about being role models, but we also don’t need to model / perpetuate IRL hatred.

Just my 2 cents


I started lurking here when I was 10 years old and I had no trouble telling that the racist ASE was not indicative of any actual racism by Natalya. Maybe some people have a harder time distinguishing satire (i.e Poe's Law), but I've never had an issue with the Space Nazis or anything else on here.

My view is that as long as the reasonable people can recognize stuff as satirical, then I don't give a fuck if the Nazis think it's endorsing their views or supporting them or whatever because if they bring that shit over here we ban them anyway. I think as long as anyone with two brain cells can recognize that this whole forum isn't blatantly racism then the opinions of the Nazis are irrerelevant.
User avatar
TheCraigfulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 1:46 pm
Location: Rebelling in Dreamland

Re: No Tears for piltoggs: Nazis Get BANNED

Postby Darkstorm » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:47 pm

Falk wrote:I thought Major Natalya is in the CSE now

Canadian Star Legion/Canadian Star Empire  :fudge: same thing
The craigness is coming... Craigstorm will rise! Craig to all who oppose us!
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
What craigs, but has no craig, yet craigs all that craigs?
Some say the answer is craig, but only few know the real Craig. Soon, all will craig. Craigstorm is coming. :warhead:
User avatar
Darkstorm
oh god
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:17 pm
Location: In front of my laptop

Re: No Tears for piltoggs: Nazis Get BANNED

Postby stubby » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:38 pm

Tzan wrote:Of course staying away from a full on Piltogg faction that murders Jews is totally sensible.
But we never had that anyway.

Are you sure? I think the Space Nazis and the TTSJs were at war, years ago.

For me this is mostly about quietly retiring some of the more deliberately provocative art pieces. Like maybe hey lynching jokes aren't actually that funny
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 5065
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: No Tears for piltoggs: Nazis Get BANNED

Postby Kommander Ken » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:06 pm

So no Redbubble totebags or coffee mugs of that piece?

damn.
User avatar
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:25 am
Location: Coming soon to a Brikverse near you.

Re: No Tears for piltoggs: Nazis Get BANNED

Postby Captain-Camper » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:04 am

I'd buy a redbubble tote bag of that
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"
User avatar
Captain-Camper
seriously?
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:17 am
Location: Here and There Along the Echo

PreviousNext

Return to Administration

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest