Chivalry

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: BFenix, Apollyon

Postby Tuefish » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:30 am

I fucking disagree.

"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds
TROLOLO
Tuefish
Dimmy

Postby piltogg » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:53 am

^ seconded. horse-back riding may seem unmanly today, but it was the shit for hundreds of years.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Rody » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:09 pm

only because manly men abandoned it in favour of more awesome/fun stuff to do.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Magic Soap » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm

I agree.

There weren't many things to do in a nuclear fallout. Wait a minute...
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Massam » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:11 pm

On the subject of horseback-riding. I just found out that war-horses were trained to rear up on their back legs and crush peoples ribs with their hooves...OMG :shock:
everyone> Image <massam
Massam
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Zahru II » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:12 am

Imagine what if they had spiked horseshoes...
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Warhead » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:17 am

Massam wrote:On the subject of horseback-riding. I just found out that war-horses were trained to rear up on their back legs and crush peoples ribs with their hooves...OMG :shock:

They were also trained to bite men and other horses and to kick out with their rear legs too.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Build me an Army worthy of Mordor

Postby Ogel96 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:31 am

They were also trained to use Gatling guns and breath fire, spit acid and poop nukes. Also, they could go into space.
My doctor says I have an obsession with vengance. We'll just see about that
My 550th post was "JANE-FREAKIN-GOODALL".
I called the Ghostbusters in my 600th post.
Ogel96
Jaw-Jaw

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:48 am

Horses were manly right up until the invention of the Motorcycle.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Tuefish » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 pm

Ducati: the Porsche of motorcycles.
Because napoleon had a tiny penis and/or a receding hairline.
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds
TROLOLO
Tuefish
Dimmy

Postby Warhead » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:58 pm

Nah, it was shortarse (short man) syndrome that Napoleon had.

Incidentally it has been my observation, and my personal contention is that the majority of Shortarses (men only) everywhere are insufferable pricks. Ok, so I'm now a self professed heightist, I admit it, and for of all you out there that view these comments as offensive, demeaning and discriminatory I wish you all to take note of these further words. Yup, you are absolutely right, they are but what is also true is this, no matter what you Shortarses do in life or how superior other aspects of your being make you feel you'll always be a floor sucking little fuck without the respect of taller people like me, even if we pretend otherwise which also includes taller girlfriends btw, so tough shit stumpy. Ah-hahahahaha!

Today I thought I would get in touch with my Redneck self, I usually keep him locked up but every so often I let him out for a bit of exercise.
Motherfucker!
Warhead

Postby Ranger S2H » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:46 pm

he was short ánd french. nice combo. he was the little prick in the country were being rude is fashionable.
me and a friend were playing pool the other day, and we started to speak with french accents just to be as rude as possible to eachother. probably made the bartenders day.

speaking of french, chivalry probably comes from chevalier, which means knight in french, which is litteraly translated as horse-er.
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?
Ranger S2H
Cannon Fodder

Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Postby stubby » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Chivalry means horsemanship, the same as burglary means burglarship. We get a Frenchified version of the word thanks to the freakin' Normans and their invadery, Frenchifying English noblery with their Frenchery fuckery.

So chivalry is not just proper knightly behavior (knightery, if you will), but proper French knightly behavior (puffery, if you will).
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Tuefish » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:48 pm

Warhead wrote:Incidentally it has been my observation, and my personal contention is that the majority of Shortarses (men only) everywhere are insufferable pricks.

Out of curiosity, how short do you consider to be "Short"?
I ask because I just measured myself at 5'2" and I consider myself neither insufferable, nor a prick.
Again, I ask out of personal curiosity, I take no offense from your statements, nor mean any by mine.
TROLOLO
Tuefish
Dimmy

Postby Warhead » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:43 am

Haha, yeah, I forgot that pic next to Natalya. :)

It's not something that is defined by shortness alone but by the subjects demeanour and attitude towards others that makes the shortness into shortarseness AND then they have to be in a position of authority before it all combines to them becoming a prick. The height restrictions were revoked in work quite a few years ago and the place is covered with them. Their attitude ranges from pathetically hilarious to disgraceful but always hostile and when it all goes to shit I've found they are fuck all good in a fight. Small women are a different matter, their seriously vicious.
Motherfucker!
Warhead

PreviousNext

Return to The Metal