Shooting stuff

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: Apollyon, BFenix

Shooting stuff

Postby Pwnerade » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:34 pm

My friends and I have fired hundreds of rounds this summer. One of the perks of working at Boy Scout camp is that we're off in the woods and can shoot on our days off. Have you ever shot a watermelon with a shotgun? Its amazing. U jelly?
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Re: Shooting stuff

Postby aoffan23 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Pwnerade wrote:U jelly?

No, but the watermelon is now.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby mgb519 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:01 pm

I went skeet shooting for the second time last Saturday and hit 6 out of 20 clay pigeons.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby JUGGERNAUG » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:26 pm

I was at camp friedlander and the ranges were 2 miles away from my campsite. And we had to walk 1 mile to the trail and another mile down the trail to get to the range. :evil:
i iz a cheshire kat, i goez mowz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TROLOLO
JUGGERNAUG
Champion

Postby aoffan23 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:36 pm

JUGGERNAUG wrote:I was at camp friedlander and the ranges were 2 miles away from my campsite. And we had to walk 1 mile to the trail and another mile down the trail to get to the range. :evil:

Aw, walking on a trail at a camp? Holy shit, who would have expected that? That totally goes against what camp is about. You should sue them.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby Pwnerade » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:43 pm

The cubbies are gone until Thursday, so I just drove my car. Due to lack of pigeons or the thrower thingy, we took empty cans, filled them with water, duct-taped the top, and threw them.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby JUGGERNAUG » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:05 pm

aoffan23 wrote:
JUGGERNAUG wrote:I was at camp friedlander and the ranges were 2 miles away from my campsite. And we had to walk 1 mile to the trail and another mile down the trail to get to the range. :evil:

Aw, walking on a trail at a camp? Holy shit, who would have expected that? That totally goes against what camp is about. You should sue them.

Are you mocking me or being sarcastic, I said that because I was averaging 7-10 miles a day for 2 weeks.
i iz a cheshire kat, i goez mowz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TROLOLO
JUGGERNAUG
Champion

Postby Hoboman » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:16 pm

JUGGERNAUG wrote:
aoffan23 wrote:

Are you mocking me or being sarcastic, I said that because I was averaging 7-10 miles a day for 2 weeks.

Yes he was mocking you, and you needed to be mocked.

Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby Ham701 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:31 pm

JUGGERNAUG wrote:
aoffan23 wrote:

Boo fucking hoo. It's part of the experience. Exercise is good.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor

Postby stubby » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:05 am

Is this complaining? Bragging? Reminiscing? I don't get it.

I'm just going to assume you meant that you were firing at the targets from the campsite, shooting at a range of 7-10 miles every day.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Rody » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:23 am

JUGGERNAUG wrote:
aoffan23 wrote:

Still Boohoo, whiny.
that is about as far as walking to college gave me for the 4 semesters I didn't bother fixing my bike, and had the other one stolen, and broke the third.

oh right... shooting stuff.
well, gun laws here mean my experience be limited to BB guns and archery.

shot a wonderful life size stuffed tiger at the carnaval.
the people at the stand were apparently so impressed that I hit it that they promptly gave me my kill.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Cpt. Zipps » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:28 am

HOBBES.
Cpt. Zipps
Playmobil

Postby Silverdream » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:54 pm

I live in Canada. :cry: I'll never get to fire thompsons and AK-47s like you Americans get to every day.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Robot Monkey » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:59 pm

Silverdream wrote:I live in Canada. :cry: I'll never get to fire thompsons and AK-47s like you Americans get to every day.

Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby Nitewatchman » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:58 am

Just got back from Wisconsin/Illinois, and when I was in Wisconsin I was at my Uncle Bob's cabin on the lake. He let me sample his .22 and .17 arsenal, which consisted of the exact same .22 rifle I have, and several handguns. The .17 was a pretty interesting gun, as the bullets are basically .22 magnum shells with .17 slugs in them.

I only did target shooting, and because Uncle Bob has neighbors, I couldn't shoot the big stuff, but it was fun. My favorite was his Taurus 9-shot revolver. It was the most accurate, in my opinion.

I challenged my mother to a target shooting competition, and...she....won. This doesn't decrease my manliness, though, because my mother was on the Nation Guard rifle team for a year or two after high school. Uncle Bob calls her "Deadeye" Snyder.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
Nitewatchman
Galidor

Next

Return to The Metal