BrikWars Mission Battle

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Killer Karetsu, Zupponn, Moronstudios

BrikWars Mission Battle

Postby Durandalski » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:23 am

Hullo all. This battle was played about a year ago. I took the pics, did this write up in a word proccessor, then forgot about it. It's too good to keep to myself though, so I've gotta post it. I've been reading this forum for awhile, and I've been playing BrikWars even longer. But It's taken me this long to get around to doing any posting.

I happen to be a certified military and weapons fanatic, so my battles favor large numbers of grunt troops over fewer more exotic units. Thus there is more carnage, and less heroic feats in the average game. Don't worry, there's plenty of plastic action and death to enjoy. :)

The Illustrated Write Up on Mocpages
TROLOLO
Durandalski
Battlefield General

Postby Moronstudios » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:07 am

Excellent battle, I loved the write up and pictures. Nicely played.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194
Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Postby Theblackdog » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:26 am

Amazing. The sheer scale of the battle is something you don't see often, and the mission system is clever as well. Nice work.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:32 pm

Wow. Great battle.

You have a sibling that will play with you?! :(
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Durandalski » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:49 am

That is a matter of opinion. Little sis gets less willing to play all the time. She gets more girly, and has an increasingly short attention span. I think her main complaint is the thought of spending hours doing one thing.
I have a good friend who also plays, but only if he's over at my house long enough. :)

As to size, I'm up to nearly 70 minifigs per army for the next battle. :) I'm thinking either an urban city setting, or a D-Day style amphibious landing. The hard part will be getting another player and enough time.
TROLOLO
Durandalski
Battlefield General

Postby Rayhawk » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:19 pm

Nice battle.

You should find out what kind of stuff your sister wants to see and then see how hard it would be to incorporate them into battles. At minimum, it shouldn't be hard to make shorter battles, if she hasn't got the attention span for longer ones.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby pesgores » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:32 am

Your room is 10x10 feet big?

Mine too. Haha.

Now for CC:

-The writeup should be done above the photo, not below. That's why I like Moronstudios' battle reports.
-The.Battle.Was.Great.

In other words, ▲ job!
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Durandalski » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:54 am

Above the photo, rightho mano. I'm using that for the write up I'm working on now thanks for the tip. :)

I just played a large urban battle with my sister on Saturday. Been planning it for awhile now. I might be able to post the battle for Omala City later this week. I'd say it dwarfs this battle in almost every way. :)
TROLOLO
Durandalski
Battlefield General

Return to Reports From the Field