Outbreak (Duerer's Medieval Debut)

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Zupponn, Killer Karetsu, Moronstudios

Outbreak (Duerer's Medieval Debut)

Postby Duerer » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:34 pm

Things weren't always that terrible for us people of the Govina Plains. Just two decades ago, we were still looking forward to a bright future. Back then, as King Despot Ljuban III of Lavigrad was still in charge of the Great Empire, elves, dwarves and humans were living together in peace. No internal strife ever broke out inside his realm and together we managed to repel the Ork hordes and the armies of the undead.

However, everything changed as soon as his son Borislav of Lavigrad took over and began to rule over his subjects like a tyrant. Non-humans and the inhabitants of Govina were considered to be people of second class. Thus he demanded more and more tribute whilst treading them worse than the folk of Lavigrad.

It was just a matter of time until the people stood up against the King Despot and his iron rule. First the Dwarves split apart from the Great Empire, immensely cutting its supply of ores and rare metals. But as soon as the Elven Kingdoms and the people of Govina began to stand up against Lavigrad, things started to get rough. A massive civil war erupted that would change everything, yet not really for the better.

While the Elves managed rebuild their realms after the war, the once beautiful soils of Govina turned into barren wastelands with very few spots of green left, due to countless battles against Lavigradian armies and all the raids against our villages.

If that wasn't enough daemons from the underworld have begun to break out right into our land and plague our already exhausted people. Every day has become a struggle for our own survival and I'm still wondering whose ire we have drawn upon us to deserve all of this.

Now we are standing here, in the village of Pale, having secured one of the few fertile spots here. So far we are somewhat safe, but nothing can assure us that it would stay that way for too long...

*marching in the background*
Huntress: “Who might they be?”
Axe Thrower: “Are these Imperials?”

Sejad the Strange: “Lemme see... uhuh... blue, white and a bit of gray here... also some silvery shiny armoury bits... Yup, it's Lavigradian folks. ”

Vodnik Gordan: “What's this?! Unwashed barbarians blocking our path? Sweet... Burn this entire place to the ground and kill these mongrels!”

Sejad the Strange: “Well well... you think you can just rush into this settlement, threaten to raze this place and kill us all off?! Just like that?! Guess you thought wrong, then! It will take more than a bunch of dull blokes to take us down!“

Some repositioning later...

Managed to have a battle with Zahru through the miracle of instant messaging, who is commanding the Barbarians, whereas I took the Imperials. Turns will be posted in a subsequent post.

Here are the stats for the curious ones.
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Re: Outbreak (Duerer's Medieval Debut)

Postby Duerer » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:24 pm

Turn 1 (Imperials got the initiative)
All Imperials just move up. Typical first turn stuff...

Sejad is calling for the winds to blow the campfire towards Gordan, setting him on fire.

Vodnik Gordan: "A fresh breeze of air at the heat of the battle! Nice!"
Well, he seems to quite enjoy it (FEAT FAILED).

Axes get thrown at the swordsmen, taking out one.

Huntresses charge forward and get really mad! While two fail to get in range to the crossbowmen, the other three straight up kill three of them.

End of Turn 1:

Turn 2 (Barbarians got the initiative)
Sejad makes a second attempt of calling the winds.

Sejad the Strange: "Oh... uh... I guess it looks like something might have gone wrong..."
The winds blew from all sorts of directions, setting Gordan on fire. But Sejad as well!

The axe throwers get mad and take out 3 swordsmen!

The huntresses not so much. Just one crossbowman falls.

Because Gordan is pissed about the high losses among his men, he picks up a huge wooden log next to the campfire, ignites it...

...and throws it right at the axe throwers, killing four. The last one is just disrupted (FEAT SUCCESSFUL).

The last swordsman rushes against a huntress, only to get killed by a counterattack. The last crossbowman also falls but not without taking a huntress with him.

End of Turn 2:

Turn 3 (Imperials got the initiative)
Gordan takes another log, to use it as a ram against the huntresses.

But only manages to punt one by the head without doing any significant damage.
Huntress: "Uh, I think he might have hit you in the head with that thing."

Other Huntress: "Is this how you usually apply your log on women?! I knew that the Imperial army is full of wusses but damn!"
Gordan is humiliated and slightly pissed (FEAT FAILED).

Since Sejad is already on fire, he uses the opportunity to burn one of his herbs, in order to contact the ancient spirits.

Sejad the Strange: "I feel it! I'm speaking with the ancients!"

Vodnik Gordan: "Ha! Look at this! He's totally stoned up his-"
*GROWL*

And indeed, the Warmaster himself appears behind Gordan, riding the qtiger and being accompained by Ajla the Sly (FEAT CRITICALLY SUCCESSFUL).

The Warmaster makes quick work with the Lavigradian commander, swiftly decapitating him.

Mirsad the Strong: "First he was insulting our women, then he mocked our shaman! *shaking head*"

End of Battle:

Final Kill Count:
Imperials: 5
Barbarians: 11

The Barbarians won by completely eradicating the Imperial army!
Thank you guys for reading through that report. I hope you enjoyed reading through that one. I'll put up an epilogue soon.
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Postby RedRover » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:21 pm

I like very much
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:38 pm

Great stuff.  Simple but entertaining.  Also:

Duerer wrote:

Possibly the best use of that sprout piece ever.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Re: Outbreak (Epilogue)

Postby Duerer » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:00 am

Thanks for feedback guys. Here's the epilogue, as promised:

Sejad the Strange: “It is him! The Warmaster himself! The ancients have have answered my call and send him here to crush the invaders!”
Mirsad the Strong: “I just saw smoke rising up in the distance, so I wanted to make sure that nothing happened to that village.”

Mirsad the Strong: “But now, that the Imperials that we are here, we have to abandon this village, before they send in more troops to slaughter it's inhabitants.”

Sejad the Strange: “But this is one of the few green and lively and fertile lands in the entire plains! How could we ever make up for the loss of yet another opportune place?”
Mirsad the Strong: “You won't have much of it, when the Lavigradians come over and burn everything to the ground, not to mention killing everyone on their way! And we can't spare more warriors to defend this little settlement, right now.”

Sejad the Strange:*sigh* So be it... I guess we will have to pack our belongings and migrate to another tribe.”

Mirsad the Strong: “But not without leaving them a small notice...”

*SPLAT*
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Postby lordintype » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:16 am

Lavigradians, beware!
I like cows

lordintype
something different

Postby TastySkippy123 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:55 am

This was pretty entertaining, the empire shall not be so merciful next time! (i always root for the empires  :P )

I hope this is just the beginning of lots more to come,  :tiger:
TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Postby motorhead fan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:43 am

Haha, I also always root for the empires.

It was a nice battle to read, Strange how quickly the imperials died, they must have had really unlucky rolls.
motorhead fan
Can the gun aim upwards? Because on mine, it keeps flopping down and it's a bit annoying.

Return to Reports From the Field