Page 1 of 3

The 8th Annual Halloween Hellhunt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:21 pm
by Zupponn
Halloween Hellhunt - Annual Battle Report Contest

WELCOME BACK. It is now G.R. 2017, and to celebrate this glorious year of death and destruction, we will once again be holding the Annual Halloween Hellhunt Battle Report Contest, held in honor of Brikwars's birthday. Here, the Brikwarriors fight for the title of the Lord of Battle, topping each other with mad tales of war and conquest. Last year's victor, Duerer, is now added to the Hall of Lords.

Rules of engagement-

6. Post a battle report from Between Sunday, October 15, to Saturday, November 4, with [HH] in the title. This should give everyone a good amount of time to plan and then get their battles done.

7. This year's theme will be Costumes!  Everyone likes to dress up for Halloween, especially minifigs.  Whether it's a disguise or a funny outfit, having at least one minifig dressed up in a costume can really add to the fun of a battle!  Your use of Costumes will be judged in the Overall Appeal category.  Cleverness, prominence, and awesomeness of your Costumes use are key factors for this category.

8. Reports will be judged on November 5th and 6th by our current Lord of Battle and two others, along with a secondary judge. These slots are open. If a judge wishes to participate in the contest, the secondary and the other two judges can judge his battle.

Judges:
Duerer (Previous Lord of Battle)
StalinsFavoriteKhat
Kommander Ken

Secondary: Judges Battle Reports made by a Judge, in place of that Judge
AZKAMAT

Backup/Tiebreaker:
Me

9. Battles are judged from 1-5 points each for Gameplay, Photography, Violence, Writing, and Overall Appeal, the total score will then be divided by 5, and the scores of the three judges will be averaged together.

(The highest score a judge can give is a 25, which is rounded down to a 5, and then, if the other two judges also give it 25s, theirs scores will be averaged for a maximum total of 5.

All reports will be posted here with their final score.

10. If a judge wishes to submit a Battle Report, then their spot in the judging will be judged by the secondary judge for that battle. They still judge every other battle as usual.

11. The winner shall be added to the ranks of the Lords of Battle, and have their Report featured on the mainpage.

Yes, this is just a reason for everyone to get to read a megaton of battle reports on Halloween, night of madness and the birthday of Brikwars.
:studgod:
Get out there and record those battles, mates.  Good luck.

Hall of the Lords of Battle:
Swordsalmon, of G.R. 2010, the First Year
Killer Karetsu, of G.R. 2011, the Second Year
Zupponn, of G.R. 2012, the Third Year
Zahru II, of G.R. 2013, the Fourth Year
Dienekes22, of G.R. 2014, the Fifth Year
Kommander Ken, of G.R. 2015, the Sixth Year
Duerer, of G.R. 2016, the Seventh Year

Previous Holloween Hellhunts:
G.R. 2010
G.R. 2011
G.R. 2012
G.R. 2013
G.R. 2014
G.R. 2015
G.R. 2016

Entries:
Struggle for Brickingrad - AZKAMAT - 3.9
The Final Day of the Siege - Dienekes22 - 3.87
Shivering Down Your Spine - Duerer - 3.65
Border assault. - motorhead fan - 3.5
The Sarkov Incident - Archduke - 3.33

Re: The 8th Annual Halloween Hellhunt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:22 pm
by Zupponn
So, who wants to be a judge?

Re: The 8th Annual Halloween Hellhunt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:10 pm
by StalinsFavoriteKhat
Zupponn wrote:So, who wants to be a judge?
I could judge

Re: The 8th Annual Halloween Hellhunt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:18 pm
by AZKAMAT
I could too, if no one else wants it.

I also has a question. I cannot figure out how to get my pics up onto this website. I've tried, but it's just a huge hassle and I'm already familiar with submitting to deviantART. Do you guys give a shit if I post links to my dA stuff on here? They're organized so it won't be a mess. I'm making some prototype threads on the Soap Opera and Reports from the Field sections tonight that'll show off how it would look.

I'm super excited. I've wanted to participate in HH since I found Brikwars in 2012 but didn't have anything I felt comfortable showing until now. I've been planning a massive doozy of a battle since spring!

Re: The 8th Annual Halloween Hellhunt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:28 pm
by StalinsFavoriteKhat
AZKAMAT wrote:I could too, if no one else wants it.

I also has a question. I cannot figure out how to get my pics up onto this website. I've tried, but it's just a huge hassle and I'm already familiar with submitting to deviantART. Do you guys give a shit if I post links to my dA stuff on here? They're organized so it won't be a mess. I'm making some prototype threads on the Soap Opera and Reports from the Field sections tonight that'll show off how it would look.

I'm super excited. I've wanted to participate in HH since I found Brikwars in 2012 but didn't have anything I felt comfortable showing until now. I've been planning a massive doozy of a battle since spring!
in the New people thread, there is a couple topics on posting and resizing photos. Id start there. As for links to your stuff, I think that's perfectly fine.

Re: The 8th Annual Halloween Hellhunt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:34 pm
by AZKAMAT
StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:in the New people thread, there is a couple topics on posting and resizing photos. Id start there. As for links to your stuff, I think that's perfectly fine.


I appreciate that and have seen it before, but the thing is is that I'm busy as fuck most days and I'm worried I won't have enough free time to setup the Brikwars stuff I want to AND master another way of uploading pictures. At least to where I know I won't fuck it up royally.

If I can get some kind of exception this once I'll be happy to learn how to do it after HH.

Re: The 8th Annual Halloween Hellhunt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:48 pm
by StalinsFavoriteKhat
AZKAMAT wrote:
StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:in the New people thread, there is a couple topics on posting and resizing photos. Id start there. As for links to your stuff, I think that's perfectly fine.


I appreciate that and have seen it before, but the thing is is that I'm busy as fuck most days and I'm worried I won't have enough free time to setup the Brikwars stuff I want to AND master another way of uploading pictures. At least to where I know I won't fuck it up royally.

If I can get some kind of exception this once I'll be happy to learn how to do it after HH.
ok, but if you, or anybody else wanted, I use http://resizeyourimage.com/EN/ to resize and https://imgbb.com/ to turn the images into jpg. It's really easy to post about 10 pics pretty quikly, takes me about a minute/minute-n-half per pic. Also, whut usually happens to me I take pics one day, then I post them over the next few days

Re: The 8th Annual Halloween Hellhunt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:18 am
by Kommander Ken
As a Lord of Battle of old, I would love to claim a spot as judge.  :666:

Re: The 8th Annual Halloween Hellhunt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:05 pm
by Duerer
I have no clue how much time I'll have to judge all the entries but I'll do my best nevertheless. Won't be doing another entry this year though.

Re: The 8th Annual Halloween Hellhunt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:52 pm
by Zupponn
Kommander Ken wrote:As a Lord of Battle of old, I would love to claim a spot as judge.  :666:

StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote: I could judge

You guys are in.
AZKAMAT wrote:I could too, if no one else wants it.

I'm going to give you the secondary judge spot.


Thanks for signing up guys.

Re: The 8th Annual Halloween Hellhunt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:10 pm
by Silent-sigfig
Oh man, 8 years...

Re: The 8th Annual Halloween Hellhunt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:58 pm
by StalinsFavoriteKhat
Silent-sigfig wrote:Oh man, 8 years...

feel old? (haha jk)

If a judge wishes to participate in contestees battle, but not his own, does the secondary and other judges judge that battle, or can the judge participating judge since it's not his own battle?

Re: The 8th Annual Halloween Hellhunt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:01 pm
by Zupponn
StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote:Oh man, 8 years...

feel old? (haha jk)

If a judge wishes to participate in contestees battle, but not his own, does the secondary and other judges judge that battle, or can the judge participating judge since it's not his own battle?

I would say that the secondary judge would be the one to judge the battle.  Just let them know before judging commences.

Re: The 8th Annual Halloween Hellhunt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:17 pm
by StalinsFavoriteKhat
Alright. Ill post it here so yalls know
Im gonna take part in "Sarkov Incident" by Archduke

Re: The 8th Annual Halloween Hellhunt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:15 pm
by Zupponn
Currently we have only 4 more days to go and one submission.  Get out there and get some more battles done Brikwarriors!