[HH] Struggle for Brickingrad - Turn 1

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

AZKAMAT
Minifig

[HH] Struggle for Brickingrad - Turn 1

Post by AZKAMAT » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:46 am

Previous Part

It's the start of Turn 1 of the Struggle for Brickingrad and the attacking BNP take first turn.

Their army of genetically engineered Comboints make a sprint roll together with two six-sided dice in an effort to reach Fort Rideway faster...

...Oh...

Regardless, the Comboints make a snarling charge for the fort.

As far as they're concerned it's one giant food trough.

As the Comboints come into range the Nemoton Sergeant in the classical wig lets out his own roar of "Let 'em have it!"

Rifle and machine gun fire crackles down from the walls onto the beasts as the cannon gunners sight in the range.

Comboints in the horde start dropping.

As lead slugs rip through them, cannon shells and shoulder-launched rockets burst around the frothing things and send them and their parts flying.

Still, they keep coming...

Normal minifigs die for colored bits of ribbon and the ideas that find life in them, yet these comboints...they die merely for love of torn flesh.

As if things didn't look grim enough at Fort Ridgeway, here come a pair of BNP fighter-bombers straight for the east wall!

But before the strike craft can bombard Ridgeway's defenders they are intercepted by two Federalist fighters.

One Options Civic Pursuit Cruiser (left) and Bedcheck Burgah the biplane (right).

As soon as the Federalist craft come in their airspace the BNP craft veer off of their bombing flight path to go head-to-head with the other aircraft.

The weapons of the white fighter bomber and the biplane equal each other at 12" so they attack one another simultaneously.

Bedcheck Burgah's pilot shoots his counterpart out of his cockpit but has his propeller blown off in exchange. His plane flips as he begins to lose altitude.

The Pursuit Cruiser will be on its own now...

The grey fighter-bomber's weapons out-range those of the Federalist craft, so it fires first. It succeeds in blowing off the front half of the cockpit cover, exposing the pilot for later dogfights.

As the BNP craft closes with his, the Options Civic pilot lets loose his four short-range laser cannons as he targets the enemy pilot...

...And with devastating effect!

As Bedcheck Burgah's propeller falls to the earth, it collides with two rear-echelon comboints, eviscerating them.

The pilot manages to turn the aircraft around while losing altitude and crashes upside down between the comboints and the returning militia patrol.

But what's this?

Another BNP craft has used the dogfight's distraction to pummel the east wall even harder than the fighter bombers would have! Bombs strike outside the walls with such a radius that men on the walls are still hit!

Bombs land within the fort as well.

The men inside had not spent their actions yet, and use them in reaction now to dodge out of the way. Only one fails to go far enough and is ripped in half.

The men on the east wall, however, are swept away, cast dead down onto the ground in front of the hungry comboints.

The bodyguards of the resident Proselyte jump clear into the mess hall to evade the bombs, much to the chagrin of the men enjoying dey fryyy chikkin.

The commando robots charge the construction crew, seeking to massacre them. Their plan goes awry, however, when they draw reaction fire from the lead fire support vehicle. Lobbing explosive shots at them, a few are destroyed while others are thrown about by the force.

This one's bail action landed him square in this melting pot...

In spite of the vehicle's intervention, robot lasers send one construction worker slumping against his own masonry work as he bleeds to death.

The BNP Partisans move up, and their technicals open fire on an automated turret on the outskirts of town.

The defense turret is utterly destroyed.

The fleet of buccaneers close in on the dockyards.

One Ranger standing guard took some reaction shots on the incoming boats, only to be cut down himself by buccaneer marksmen.

On the south side of the fort, the militia squad from Durdedotte brace themselves for the comboint charge. Riflemen stand out in front to skirmish with the first wave, planning to fall back after a few shots.

Kicking off the start of the Federalist turn, the Mighty Mite breaks off from the rest of the militia patrol and takes aim at the nearby column of Partisans...

Oh my...well that's one group of enemies taken care of.

The Jetterheads use their jump packs to get up onto the now unmanned walls.

The replacements setup to mow down the comboints as they come.

Taking their skirmishing pot shots, the Durdedotte riflemen fall back deeper into their defensive line.

The comboints will have to overcome an anti-tank rifle, a heavy machine gun and a hidden TNT charge.

A close-up of the Durdedotte perspective.

The Berismirov troops make their way from the gate to the south side of the fort to help out the Durdedotte soldiers. The light vehicles accompany them.

The tank destroyer runs over one of the robot commandos that bailed away from the earlier rocket. It's not destroyed but it is pinned.

As it runs the thing over, the driver blasts the one in the pot to smitheroons with the backup .50 cal.

The Cancellor Minors close the distance on the now scattered robot commandos, but their armor and stealth technology save them from total annihilation.

Agent Plex uses a heroic feat to leap up onto this rooftop.

(Really unhappy with how this one turned out)

Over at the beach, the tropical-armored rangers take up defensive positions while the arid-colored ones move in to back them up.

This beach is about to get hot!

The big Self-Propelled Gun you may have seen earlier (it was orange) lobbed a shell at the surviving Partisans, but it went way wide and hit this dumpster. It flew up and knocked some people over, but the only person it landed on just got covered and not crushed.

That same stray shot did, however, kill this cop watching over some pedestrians.

The militia patrol continues on toward the fort. Perhaps they can rescue the biplane's pilot.

Inside of Fort Ridgeway, the Veridian militia rush to guard one of the firing ports in the wall that was blown open by the enemy bombing run.

Opposite from the Veridians, the soldiers from the Neo Cantonal Confederacy move to fire through the east wall's other fire port.

Shot from inside the fort.

I know it's not very good, but you wouldn't believe how hard it was to get a shot at this angle at all.

Random Overwatch shot. I thought the turn was finished so I shot this, but...

...I forgot about the Federalist aircraft.

Girlfriend's younger brother was nice enough to help out, thus this shot.

Anyway, the same pair of light police gunships from Septic Springs comes in to drop off the same 4-man team of SWAT troopers to help out on the east wall.

I couldn't come up with a good way to use special effects for aircraft in time for this Brikwar (fyi I'm on a deadline for a contest) so hands will just have to be suffered through.

The SWAT dudes jump onto the walls to contribute their rifle fire to the fort's defense.

Their commando team unloaded, the helicopters make an attack run on their way back to base. The first one unleashes its high-caliber machine gun as it flies over.

As the first gunship's MG sends slugs into the ground with a steady "THUM-THUM-THUM-THUM..." one comboint gets caught in the stream and eviscerated. Its upper half is sent flying up and back in a shower of gore.

The second chopper fires a rocket into the comboints as it flies past.

KA-BOOM!

With hand-based special effects making a reappearance, the police fighter from earlier flies in for one more air strike on the comboints.

(yet another) KA-BOOM!

Meanwhile, down at the beach front, a hideously colored prop plane lines up to dive-bomb the buccaneers.

It's a Federalist F4V "Peptobismol" attack plane!

(Note to the viewer: Something went screwy with the lighting because I lost my natural light. I tried to alleviate it, but most of the last Turn 1 pictures look grainy from only having bad artificial lighting.)

As obsolete and goofy-looking as the Peptobismol is, it can still produce good bombing results!

End-turn Overwatch shot. I would explain bit by bit what the **** is going on, but honestly there's so much going on in this wargame that I'm worried about overloading myself from trying to capture ALL the detail.

I feel like my recording of events should just embrace the fact that's it's big scale, and drop the little detail stuff in favor of just capturing the big-picture struggle. But I'm not sure...

Next Part
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Kant b'leev uh wun! Image