SFKs BrikwaRPG Revisited

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

SFKs BrikwaRPG Revisited

Post by BriksKrieg » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:58 am

So, I've been playing some call of duty recently, and thought
StalinsKhat thought wrote: hey, I want to make a Brikwars thing/ game mode thing like this.
well, I went and did that, to an extent. Currently I only have a TDM idea, will have 5-6 fig teams if enough people want to play. I have some ideas on stuff and other things, and yeah. Im hoping to get sone time to play and upload an example of what his would look like. I might put a thread like this in Forum battles too.

Added:

This is essentially an Rpg style game, which I can do with a smaller amount of people, however, more people = more fun, and this is something I will actually have time to do, as it is. A smaller scale. I got a new tablet, so my first battle/ test, I will be using my tablet for pictures, resizing, etc, etc etc. I'm not planning on making this a forum battle thing just yet, but if you'd like to take part in what I guess is called the Closed Beta, that'd be sweet. If the progression system I'm using works, I could give you some extra stuff for in game.

This is the rule stuff that has been done so far
Spoiler
Show
One of SFKs BrikwaRPGs hacks/ "rulebook"
I'll start with the base stats, some perks I've done, then move into weapons and types, then turn/order of play. Sound good? Good. What's That? Ok, let's go then.

Minifig stating/ base stats:
I tend to enjoy realistic and arcadey things, so hopefully this is a good mix of both those worlds.
Base stats wrote:Structure: 4
Move: 5 inches
Skill: 1d8
Not much here is different, just a higher skill die, and maybe a slightly lowered health level. Not a whole lot to look at. Each fig/player has 3 perk slots they can fill with any combo of perks that they have. They have a primary slot and a secondary slot, which they can put any weapon they have into, and use it during a battle. A weapon can be named something if the owner so chooses. Just make sure I'm aware of that, so I can put it in with your stats.

Perks and examples
I full list of perks n stuff will be posted later. Right now, there are a few perks that I have mostly worked out;

Body Armor; Lvl 1: add 1 to your structure level
Lvl 2: add 2 to your structure level
Lvl 3: add 3 to your structure level (max level)

Loaded; Lvl 1: bring 1 extra grenade/ rocket/ explosive
Lvl 2: bring 2 extra explosives
Lvl 3: bring 3 extra explosives (max level)

All in; Lvl 1: bring an extra perk (4 slots instead of 3), and extra weapon perk (3 instead of 2), killstreaks require 1 less to get
Lvl 2: bring an extra kilstreak (4 instead of 3), bring an extra weapon perk (4 instead of 3) (max level)

Are you f***king kidding me; Lvl 1: bring an extra of everything, add 1 to your structure level
Lvl 2: bring 2 extra of everything, add 1 inch to your move
Lvl 3: bring 3 extra of everything, add 1 to your use with any weapon ( max level)

Elite Kemper; Lvl 1: if you didn't move during your turn, opponents have a -2 to hit you
Lvl 2: if you move under 1/2 your move during your turn, opponents have a -2 to hit you
Lvl 3: opponents have a -3 to hit you (max level)

That's cute; Lvl 1: against you, enemy perks are 1 Lvl lower ( minimum of Lvl 1)
Lvl 2: against you enemy perks are 2 lvls lower (minimum of Lvl 1)
Lvl 3: enemy perks are 1 lvl lower against your whole team (minimum of Lvl 1)
Lvl 4: enemy perks are 2 lvls lower against your whole team (minimum of Lvl 1) ( max level)

Let's say you had these perks, you could pick any three of them, and equip them for the battle.

Weapons and types
There are 4 types of weapons in this PvP BrikwaRPG. Bolt-rifle, Tactical weapons, Assault rifle, and Machine guns. Shots Per Turn, or SPT refers to how many bullets/projectiles a fig can send down range in a single turn. Damage is per shot. So two shots with 1d6 damage each have a potential 12 damage, provided they hit and roll a 6 both times. (overkill grants extra points)

Bolt-rifles; these are the most powerful weapons in game that aren't an explosive. They are also the hardest nonexplosive to use.
A stock Bolt-rifle has these stats;
Use:6
Range: 15 inches
Damage: hit = kill
Shoots 1 time per turn
Recommended perks/mods: Sniper scope, Bipod, Stabilizer

Assault rifles; these are the friend of any player who likes to stay moving and gunning. They are powerful at medium - close range.
A stock AR has the following stats;
Use: 4 (+1 to user skill if at 4 or less inches
Range: 10 inches
Damage: 1d6 (+3 at 4 or less inches)
Shoots 2 times per turn
Recommended perks/mods: Extended mag, Stablizing grip, Loose trigger

Machine guns; anybody who just wants to hear a bang, and lots of them , wants a machine gun. Very gud medium range, ok at close range, ok long range, not gonna beat a good sniper though.
A stock machine gun has this stuff;
Use: 5 ( -1 to user skill if at 4 or less inches)
Range: 15 inches
Damage 3d4 (+1 if at 4 or less inches)
Shoots like a normal BW autogun

Tactical weapons; anything that's fun to use and not normal. This includes shotguns, rpgs, and explosives. I was also lazy and didn't want to make 50 weapon classes.
A stock rpg has these statistics;
Use: 6
Range: 10
Damage: 1d20 with 2 inch blast radius
SPT: 1
Ammo limit: 2 explosives
Recommend perks/mods: Laser sight, Guide wire, Heavy impact

Stock grenade stats;
Use: 4
Range: Skill + 2 inches
Damage: 1d12 with 1 inch blast radius
SPT: 1
Ammo limit: 2 explosives
Recommended perks/mods: Heavy impact, Guide wire, Presicion guess work.

Stock shotgun things;
Use: 5
Range: 8 inches
Damage: 3d6 - range in inches
Shoots 1 time per turn
Recommended perks/mods: Pump action boss, Automatic, Laser sight

I believe that covers most everything. I've been doing this the whole day practicly, and I'm going to take a break. Any comments or stuff, DM or send`em below.
Last edited by BriksKrieg on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:41 am, edited 7 times in total.
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Re: Name pending, any ideas?

Post by BriksKrieg » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:03 pm

First Test Game
This is the first test game that will be up, and should be an example for what the game will be like. I can post a rule set too, although the rules are mostly the same as normal Brikwars, If people want that. The game currently has no actual faction sets or anything, I just use figs from all my factions for right now at least
*= special rules apply. Those up later

Ak'zhast Bridge - TDM - Be the first to reach 10 points
Spoiler
Show
Team 1

Team 2

Map - playable area

Test Turn 1
Team 1 won the initiative role, meaning they move first this turn, and they shoot first*

Team 2 moves out
I actually forgot about shooting this turn.... um.... yeah, get it next turn.

Test Turn 2
Everything just kinda exploded, since I forgot shooting Last turn. I'm going to clean this up, I promise it'll be smooth gameplay at Some point

This guy goes for the COOL points, trying to hit while sliding

This dude is trying get that flank going

(Things I've noticed so far: no flow, I'm probably going to go to an individual initiative system)

Ima actualy going to stop this here. I'm going to go fix some of the issues I noticed, and will post a new round, with hopefully some better results
Last edited by BriksKrieg on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:23 pm

Is 1 point = 1 kill? Won't it take a really long time for a 4 minifig team to get 25 kills?

How about adding more people on each side, rocket launchers, grenades, and overpowered killstreak bonuses?

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:00 pm

Arkbrik wrote:Is 1 point = 1 kill? Won't it take a really long time for a 4 minifig team to get 25 kills?

How about adding more people on each side, rocket launchers, grenades, and overpowered killstreak bonuses?
1 kill does equal 1 point. As stated before, this is an early players, just to see if anything is different, and how different stuff works. I will habe custom stats for weapons. For example, a bolt-action rifle does is a one shot, but has a use of 6, and an mg42/ machine gun with very high rate of fire has 3d4 damage with a use of 4. I'm using a d8 for general base skill, and as a player ranks up, they get some OP mods for their weapon and their stats.

Base stats;
Structure: 4
Skill: d8
Move: 5 in

Some perks and such would be body armor, boosting structure by 1, for each level, up to level 3. So a fig with level 3 armor would have a structure of 7. Or a Caffinated perk, move increased by 1 inch, and can fire single shot weapons twice per turn.

I haven't worked out quite exactly how to rank up players

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:15 pm

I'd say let individual minifigs rank up as they score kills and respawn, getting access to better stats & equipment

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Re: SFKs first BrikwaRPG stuff

Post by BriksKrieg » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:23 am

PERKS LIST

Weapon mods: See more boom and less doom
Mods #1
Spoiler
Show
Sniping scope: +1 to user skill at ranges 9inches and up
Stabilizer: +1 to user skill
Bipod: +1 to user skill when not moving, by ledge, sandbag, etc
Loose trigger: +1 to shoot per turn
Extended mag: +1 to shot per turn
Laser sight: +1 to user skill
Stabilizing grip: +1 to user skill
Guide-wire: +3 to user skill
Heavy impact: +4 to damage, +2 inch to blast radius (RPGs only)
Precision guesswork: +2 to user skill with hand explosives i.e; grenades, dynamite, iPhone 7S's, etc
Pump action boss: +5 to use with nona-utomatic shotguns
Automatic: +2 to SPT
Calibrated sights: +1 to user skill, +1 to damage
50cal fun: -1 to SPT, -1 to user skill, 1 hit = 1 kill
Quickchange mag: +1 to SPT
C-C master- cancel out negative effects on close-combat weapon abilities
Player Classes (Thanks Texhnophille!)
GRUNT <---default class
You just want to kill something, without all that fancy stuff
" "
Spoiler
Show
Hp: +1,
+1 explosive,
+1 shots per turn,
+1 move inch
TANK
You are a heavy weapons enthusiast, you love big guns, armor, and the funny looks you get when charging in front of enemy guns
"That tickles. . ."
Spoiler
Show
HP: 5
+1 move inch in heavy armor
You can carry up to size 4 weapons as though it were a size 1

This should tide ya over while I get some real stuff done for this.
Last edited by BriksKrieg on Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:54 am

I think adapting texnophile's perks would work well. See the bonus material section for details.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:14 pm

Omega Prime wrote:I think adapting texnophile's perks would work well. See the bonus material section for details.
EDIT: Schools out, so I'm MUCH less stressed out, I'm gonna look to revive this, and I've found a couple friends nearby I can play BW with!!

I'll take a look at Texs rules, and see what i can do.
Last edited by BriksKrieg on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:23 am

I'm interested in seeing more of this stuff.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:26 am

Texhnophille wrote:I'm interested in seeing more of this stuff.
Any suggestions bud? Looking to get this going again, just gotta get some of my forum battle started. I've got a map sorta built that i could use.

Any takers for a playtest?