Company of Weirdos

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Company of Weirdos

Post by AZKAMAT » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:49 pm

For StalinsFavoriteKhat. This was made with his permission back in April back before my IRL got turned upside down, hence why it was not submitted for the contest going on that month.

Far from home, the leaders of a small Federalist Star Union (FSU) expedition to aid the Shivarian Territorial Federal Union (STFU) seek their local counterparts. Together they will plan a strike against a pseudo-alien menace hailing from the FSU's enemies.

The FSU is isolated from nearly all other space-faring factions. Its predecessors fled from parts now forgotten that had been destroyed by race war and social engineering run amok. But the STFU is on the nearest edge of a massive cluster of inhabited worlds apparently called the "Nehellenium." FSU explorers first made contact not long after Brickingrad, now 25 years in the past.

Since then, the old bio-weapon used by the FSU's nemesis, the Berliniscow Naturalist Party, known as the comboints was remade as an interplanetary terror weapon. Self-guiding pods are loaded with a comboint hive and hundreds of the ravenous things in hibernation, then shot into space. Upon spotting a planet, the pod cashes itself in a remote region and unleashes its 'cargo.' The idea being for the comboints to eat the planet over time as they devour the inhabitants and multiply themselves.

One such pod, gone off-course, crashed on a border world of the STFU. In the middle of a civil war over their own future themselves, both sides agreed to a ceasefire and to ask for FSU help under the pretense of the disaster being their 'fault.'

From right to left, the assets sent were the FSU Marine Corps Expeditionary Force, Options Military Prime Tithe Infantry Section (OMPIS) 17, OMPIS 18, and flamethrower-using Dragon Team.

As the little group searches for their local contacts, Blutarch, the leader of OMPIS 18, discreetly contacts Redmont, commander of OMPIS 17.

"Any sign of our 'allies'?"

"Nope. We're not quite at the spot, though, and early too," replies Redmont.

Blutarch now takes advantage of the discussion with his brother to complain. "I can't believe dad sent us out to these foreign boondocks for our first mission. Our baptism in fire ought to be in one of the REAL conflicts, back home."

"I don't know why he sent us out here, either. Best, though, to take it to mean he counts on us to do it right and fast, not a slight."

Suddenly the Marine commander speaks into the global channel that they can all hear, "Eyes up to the northeast! A lone man on the horizon!"

A man in black clothes approaches the group of FSU officers.

"Greetings, Kameraden!" shouts the newcomer. "I am Major Ludenbaum of the Shivar Liberation Army's trupp operating in this area."

Redmont nods to his foreign counterpart and motions to his fellows, "Pleasure meeting you, Major. I am Captain Redmont, commanding the FSU expedition to aid you. To my right is Lieutenant Blutarch. Left, Captain Sousa. Behind us is Lieutenant Hargrier."

"Excellent. We are far from the main theater of the civil war, so my men and materiel are few. Nonetheless I have assembled an infantry platoon with mortars and medics."

"Indeed. With the other local contribution we should be able to complete the mission nonetheless. Speaking of which, any idea when they intend to show up?"

"The representative of the rightful government are here!" shouts a red figure approaching from the west.

"Oi'm d'bawss of ohl Union boys 'round hee'ah," proclaims the mustachioed STFU officer. "Kehh'nul P. Albion's th' name."

"Captain Redmont," replies the FSU commander curtly, "We were about to begin planning our assault with your counterpart from the Liberation Army. Wha-"

"Mate!" interrupts the STFU leader, "Y'better be shuttin' ears to wh'ever lies this here cabbage-breathed snake's been tellin'. Now, you lot be listenin' here-"

"Shutup, y'day-um pro-vinshul!" shouts the FSUMC Captain to counter-interrupt the STFU Colonel. "

Amidst the growing disorder in his coalition, Redmont flips open his helmet visor and lets rip a "Hey!" that has the loudness of a grenade.

"Lock it UP with this squabbling. There's a mission on the docket and I mean to complete it. Now, by my empowerment from the powers I serve, the Federalist Star Union, I lead their expedition to wipe out the comboints on this planet. I was TOLD that both warring factions here accepted the subordination of their local forces to FSU command, which means MY command. If either party would like to renege on that acceptance, they may leave now."

Neither Shivarian leaders depart.

"Moving on to business," continues Captain Redmont. "The comboints ate out the town their hive crashed in, and they've swelled their swarm to match the one that crashed against the walls of Fort Ridgeway at Brickingrad."

"It'll be a difficult find indeed! We'll need to push in through the horde and reach the hive, while retaining enough firepower to destroy it when we get there. So let's get planning!"

Eventually the coalition forces form a plan to lay waste to the comboint horde while taking little damage themselves. Advancing on a broad front, the government troops take the right flank as the Liberation Army takes up the left, while the Marines hold the center.

Behind the marines, Dragon Team follows up with the intent to keep their flamethrowers safe en route to the hive.

Ludenbaum leads his men flanked by submachine gunners. His platoon wields bayoneted bolt-actions rifles, grenades, shotguns, and is accompanied by a couple of medics.

On the opposite flank from the Liberation Army platoon, Major Albion's force has semi-automatic rifles and tripod-mounted heavy machine guns.

Far away from the main battle line, Redmont and Blutarch's Tithe Infantry are loaded up in anti-gravity APC's and heading to flank the comboint horde as it charges coalition lines.

Redmont raises his energy saber and gives a short speech.

"Remember, men, that though we are far from home and among foreigners, that you are still serving the Star Union and pursuing your birth mission!"

At the start of Turn 1, the coalition battle line moves up. The government troops on the right lag behind, however, from the burden of their heavy machine guns.

The hover APC's rocket forward, and by random chance the one carrying Redmont outpaces the other three.

On their own first turn the comboints rush forward. In their mad rush their lose the chance to attack this turn.

As the comboints reach them, coalition troops let rip with reaction fire. A few start to drop on the right.

FSUMC and Liberation Army troops open fire on the charging comboints. They've got until the start of the enemy's next turn before they're ripped to pieces.

Ludenbaum exhorts his men to courage and discipline as they meet the enemy.

At the beginning of their second turn, Redmont's APC pulls up to the comboint flank and turns to give a broadside from its passenger weapons.

Redmont directs the RPG-gunner beside him to loose a rocket on the comboints as he fires with his own assault rifle.

Coalition forces unload more lead and explosives on the comboints. Soon the latter will respond with teeth and claws.

Colonel Albion moves further down the line as his troops fire.

At the end of the coalition firing the flamethrowers shoot their burning jets. One catches it bad and begins to burn up.

The comboints begin their first turn. Before any fighting, 10 replacement creatures rush out of the hive.

Coalition troops in the main battle line get torn apart as the comboints finally get at them. The Liberation Army and FSUMC troops get the worst of it.

Ludenbaum and his SMG-wielding bodyguards are among the first to fall.

The two other Tithe Infantry from Redmont's transport disembark and head around the side of the vehicle to engage the comboints.

A few coalition troops succeed in fighting back.

Dragon team's flamethrowers keep up the burnination.

Battle chaos shot.

Lieutenant Hargier of Dragon Team, with the white submachine gun, moves up alongside the FSUMC commander.

"HOW YA HOLDIN' UP?" asks Hargrier, trying to overcome the noise of the battle.

"BAD!" Captain Sousa shouts back. "OUR GRENADES DIDN'T STOP 'EM AND I'M DOWN TO MY MACHINE GUNNER!"

The entirety of Redmont's Options Military Prime Tithe Infantry Section 17 disembarks from their other APC and makes for giant melee that the main line has degenerated into.

One of Redmont's Tithes rushes a comboint straggler with his haldberd.

The halberd tips lands squarely in the creature's back, killing it instantly!

STFU government troops on the coalition right flank suffer losses themselves but fewer than the FSUMC or Liberation Army.

Their heavy machines guns keeping up a steady, accurate stream of lead on the remaining monsters.

As the noises of the battle (CRACK; bum-bum-bum; ka-BOOM) die down to silence, Captain Sousa realize that all comboints at the main line have been killed. He flips open his visor and calls out to the survivors.

"Everyone left alive: on me! We cannot quit after this sacrifice!"

Meanwhile, Blutarch's OMPIS 18 moves into the outlying ruins of the infested town.

They quickly encounter newborn comboints rushing out of their hive.

Blutarch sets an example for how his section ought to react.

His men follow suit and the majority of this wave are killed.

Redmont's men move up alongside Blutarch's

They will need the help.

Back at the battle line, Major Albion rallies his surviving men and commands them onward.

They lug their heavy machine guns forwards to the town.

An explosion rocks a new wave of comboints spilling out between the buildings.

he Tithe rocketeer is quite pleased with his handiwork.

Overwatch shot of coalition forces moving into the town.

The Tithes and their commanders smash their way through the comboints to reach the hive.

As comboint reinforcement flow out of the hive, fierce street fighting erupts.

The coalition forces fight a nerve-racking street-to-street, house-to-house battle to reach the hive. Through coordination and supporting each other, they avoid suffering any more casualties.

The STFU government troops mount their tripod-guns on the rooftops, granting the coalition a decisive edge in the fight to reach the hive.

Dragon Team succesfully reaches the hive and roasts it. A smell like overcooked crabs oppresses the nearby air.

With the hive and all comboints dead, everyone breaths a sigh of relief.

In the assault on the town, the FSUMC commander, his own detachment annihilated, had rallied the remaining Liberation Army troops (just three men) and formed an ad hoc squad.

"A job well done, men," Captain Sousa congratulates his pitiable band. "Top valor," he adds as he reflects on the devastating losses, "top valor."

"Herr Marinien Kommandant," begins one of the Liberation Army survivors, "What will we do now. I mean, the men from my platoon and I."

"Won't you just return to a larger unit of yours elsewhere on your own?" replies Captain Sousa.

"We would! But...the government troops; they will ambush and murder us in the countryside."

"Would they?"

"Ja, Kommandant, they mean to win by any means. We will be lucky to make it a klik towards our own after we separate."

Sousa's face twists in disgust before saying, "Why, that's-"

"Captain Sousa!"exclaims Major Albion as he rounds the corner with two of his men, "Now that the mission to destroy the comboints is over, so is the necessity for ceasefire with the usurpers. I demand that you hand them over at once."

"Do you!" shouts Sousa. The little troop he had led were now bound to him, and he viewed the newcomers as he viewed his fallen marines; like his own boys. "And what do you intend for them?"

"That is Shivarian government business. Not for any foreigners to interlope in."

Sousa took this to mean that they would be hurried off to some dark corner and shot.

"Well, Major, I beg to differ. They acceded to my command in the middle of the battle and I have yet to relinquish it. So it IS my business."

"Now listen up guv'nah," begins a frustrated Major Albion as his other troops move in and surround the Marine's combined troop.

"You're going tah hand ovah them traitors, NOW! They are not even your government's personnel. You've no jurisdiction on this ground, nor over them. You wouldn't usurp our authority too, would ye?"

"Not our men, eh?" asks Sousa as he turns to his provisional troops. "You three: any of you who'd like to join the Federalist Star Union Marine Corps right this moment, raise your rifle."

Looks like Marine recruitment is on the upswing!

"Outrageous! Simply outrageous!" blusters Albion as his composure breaks down from being defied.

"I will not stand for this insult on Shivarian law and order! If those prisoners are not handed over-"

"What prisoners, Major," a voice from behind Albion interrupts.

It's Captain Redmont at the head of all the Tithes and their vehicles. He's secretly been listening via Sousa's helmet microphones, which were covertly flipped on at the start of the dispute.

"Marine Corps officers have full authority to induct men on the spot into their organization. Do you...wish to dispute this further?" Redmont was stretching things; TECHNICALLY, FSUMC officers could induct CITIZENS into their organization, not isolated foreign allies. Still, he calculated that Albion would not know the technicalities of obscure FSU laws.

For his part, Albion, staring at the Tithe force, played out quick wargames in his mind. In every scenario, he lost. And peaceful alternatives? Both factions were on the periphery of their spheres, with the central commands of each sufficiently engaged with greater matters to simply not care. Besides, letting the foreigners recruit them would remove the traitors anyhow.

"I...no, no. We will be leaving now, to restore the government's authority on this world. It was...a pleasure to fight alongside you."

"Sure!" retorts Redmont.

And so the two factions parts way, shot unfired but tensions raised. The FSU contingent leaves hastily, not even waiting for an acknowledgement that the Liberation Army got the notice that their platoon would not be returning.
Last edited by AZKAMAT on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Kant b'leev uh wun! Image

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Re: Company of Weirdos

Post by BriksKrieg » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:30 am

This was sweet!!! Nice work, I like the title you gave it! You accurately represented how STFU officers would act too, hopefully the SLA troops are having fun in the Marines!

Politikal stuff:
The Natioanlist Institution for Foregin Affairs would like to extend it's goverments gratitude to the FSU in willing to help prevent a catastrophe. We hope that after our war finishes, we will be able to assist in forcing the comboints back to their own world.

Office of Strategic and Foregin Joint Operations:
We are rather busy at this time but the STFU extends it's gratitude to the FSU for their assistance, and hopes that after our war is over, we can begin all previous aspects of our pre-war relationship
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd