Our first Family BrikWar

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Killer Karetsu, Zupponn, Moronstudios

Our first Family BrikWar

Postby Col-Brik » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:58 pm

My first post. To start off, thanks to those that thought BrikWars up, did the rules, decided to make it fun and pure carnage. Yes, long ago I found BrikWars and thought the idea was cool. I just had no one to play with until now. As we as a family have built our LEGO nation I made it a point to drop the "c" in Brick as you'll notice.

Second, this is the battle report for the first ever war in The Peoples Brikpublic of Rulandstin. On a dark and story night BlackBrik went into battle with the Clone Troopers and some Jedi Knights.

Below are the pictures of this epic first battle. Yes, those are my two boys, Six years old and four. Our four year old is the best at the game since he just throws dice and does what he pleases. We complain, he yells for mom, mom tells us to play nice. We are screwed.

My six year old took the Jedi Knights and Clone Troopers and I had my Spec Op forces I call BlackBrik. My four year old, he was the "X" factor, a merc, blowing up whatever he felt like at whatever time.

Before the carnage the two players smiled and prepared for WAR!!!!

Opening salvos where crazy. Tons of epic failures and figs stumbling into walls, shooting themselves or tripping over mines

The battle settled down but BlackBriks tactics where horid, that and the dice where not happy with me. The Clone Troopers moved in quickly and made short work of them. Look closely in the upper right of the picture below and you'll notice a odd dice from a chinese checker set or something. It would get thrown out and my four year old would say. "I win". Tough to top that.

Amazingly one of my Operators was rescued by my four year old

But in the end, I lost by a massive margin. It started 10 vs 30 and I had no chance. I still don't know why my four year old decided to rescue my guy until he dropped him in the middle of a swarm of his own troops

So my first Battle is complete and I lost to a four year old and a six year old and I am turning 35 soon enough. This game rocks!
Col-Brik
Champion
Champion

Postby silvadream » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:21 pm

Good for you
welcome to the forums.
J+B spells bad and has bad grammar
DR. X bulids awesome stuff
and I don't get no respect.
Also rayhawk is our benevolent/malevolent dictator
silvadream
Cannon Fodder

Postby Elmagnifico » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:35 pm

That die, is a poker die. I have a few. You roll them, and that's your poker hand. They're designed to be a little more compact than your average deck of cards.

(tip: Don't, under any circumstances, go to the Threads that are Dumb section while your kids are around.)

PS Bienvenidos!
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:44 pm

Your six year old's shirt is amazing.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Pvt Expendable » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:54 pm

Wow,... thats some serious fan lego type stuff,....

Wow!
Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Postby Col-Brik » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:26 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Silvadream for the low down on the main characters.

Poker dice, thanks, I looked at them again and smacked myself upside the head. Guess it never dawned on me. I guess a pair of Aces means nuclear anihalation.

Toys-R-Us shirt if your looking for one. That or Target, I have no clue. I hand a check book to the misses and she brings back stuff. Only time I go shopping is for toys.

And ya, the Lego stuff is getting serious. We went overboard this past year as the kids have really taken into it. My brothers buy them stuff, I had a pile of old Lego I keep in storage and other family has bought or donated old Lego.
Col-Brik
Champion
Champion

Postby Moronstudios » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:42 pm

Very nice battle. It had a nice setup and good amount of simplicity. Very nice setups in the background of the first picture.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194
Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Postby Ceid » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:50 pm

Heh, once again the might of the mother-calling prevails. Have fun while you still can.
TROLOLO
Ceid
Champion
Champion

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:09 am

I think Rayhawk will be pleased that Brikwars has become a form of family bonding.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby Massam » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:24 am

That is an amazing set-up in the back. After you get comfortable with the game, you need to play a massive battle there. That or a forum war...

Oh, and I'm one of those new guys that no-one cares about. They're on every forum.
everyone> Image <massam
Massam
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Col-Brik » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:19 am

We are keeping it simple right now so my boys can start to grasp the idea behind the game. Heck, so I can grasp it all also.

I'll get my two brothers involved and I am sure we will have a epic battle on the table. My youngest brother played Warhammer and Axis & Allies before so this should fit right in, that and he has a proper Star Wars collection of Lego.

I'm reading the forum war stuff and learning how your doing it. Might be interesting to do.

Of subject kind of. We where watching the playoffs last week and my four year old was playing Lego. He assembled a strike force of clone troopers, lead by the two mafia in black. They pushed from the one base to the front of the castle where all the castle figs are living. The clones opened up and started plunking guys off the walls. Then this massive duece and a half blew threw the front gate. The clones rushed making short work of the knights. The mafia guys took Indy jones out of a room, tossed him in the black limo and they tore off threw the streets.

He gets half way to the police station and we figured he was getting the cops out to save Indy. Nope, he sent the cops to assist the Mafia and clones and had a massive battle in the city streets.

When it was over it was pure hell on the table. I looked at my brother and he just shook his head and told me I had one demeanted kid.
Col-Brik
Champion
Champion

Postby jifel » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:07 am

Hello, and welcome! Glad to see younger people get brought in, and throwing a fit could be a very good, strategic, idea... ( :twisted: )

jifel
"And the angels of darkness descended upon pinions of fire and light...the great and terrible dark angels."

jifel
Jaw-Jaw

Postby tahthing » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:23 pm

my sister would play too seriousl nad would just be a anorak.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby james+burgundy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:42 pm

silvadream wrote:Good for you
welcome to the forums.
J+B spells bad and has bad grammar
DR. X bulids awesome stuff
and I don't get no respect.
Also rayhawk is our benevolent/malevolent dictator
you forgot to add builds like hell to my title thingy
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby pesgores » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:25 pm

The 4 year-old face makes him look really older.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Next

Return to Reports From the Field