Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

[Campaign] - The Third Gold War

Post by Kastrenzo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:06 am

This Google doc is considered the "rulebook" of the campaign,

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pmP ... 0AroE/edit

It's that time of year folks, where the Gold Sector prepares to let loose on months of bickering and drama
The Third Gold War was characterized not by massive planetary invasions, or massive fleet battles. But by a massive stalemate of battlelines in space, only occasionally broken by lightning raids on planetary defense control centers, with the use of stealth assault ships. Occasionally the sides would fight small naval battles. But the large navies were largely rendered useless in a sector that has seen arguably one of the biggest arms buildups in the galaxy, Frontal assaults with fleets is just too costly

However, if the planetary defenses can be deactivated, even a modest fleet can force a planet with hundreds of thousands of troops to surrender.

There were a few exceptions to this, Some systems did see longer and ever escalating land battles.
What this is, is a continuous saga of small battles between 3 alliances that will take place over the fall and winter. Characterized by many small battles where players will get to choose their units, based on a pool determined by their faction, and their resource points gathered by holding territory on the campaign map.

This war is intended to be a "real time kanon event", that will wrap up the story of the Gold sector for some time to come. Once it's done, I'm not leaving brikwars, but I'm going to do some other things with lego instead of the current scenario
Terminology Glossary
Team = Same as Alliance
Alliance = A grouping of factions banded together for the war
Faction = An independent state or organization that has it's own military units
Commander = a brikwarrior who has signed up to be one of the "Leaders" of the Alliance, their position is permanent and they can only resign, not change teams. Only authorized commanders may send orders and make decisions in the campaign

Campaign Map = The "Grand Strategy" board game. Consisting of multiple systems in the gold sector, Alliances will take turns doing missions and special actions,
Phase = A turn cycle on the campaign map, Each alliance will take it's turn doing a mission, and a special action until the last in line gets theirs, then the phase is over. A quick summary of events is written up as the war progresses and the next phase begins. This can be thought of as overall time, These are roughly the equivalent of an in-universe Month, and they should take at most 2 real weeks to complete.
Mission = An attack or police action on a non-controlled system
Attack = A raid on an enemy planet
Police Action = an attack on a neutral power
Special Action = a non-combat decision usually to make buffs and debuffs, or start special events, some of these are free , some cost RP. Some are instant and some will take time (in phases)

RP - Resource Points, Think of these as Military-Industrial Capacity, not currency. This is discussed in detail below
Points - The overall value of a system, this contributes to both it's RP generation and it's own strength against enemy attacks

On the map you will see numbers beside the planets, these are known as "Points", which generate RP and Defensive value, this will be covered below
Each system has a point value. of 1, 3 or 5 based on it's importance and value.

On the campaign map, Each alliance will take turns starting missions and engaging in special actions. When it is one team's turn on the map, they'll pick a special action from a choice of options, and they'll pick a mission. Once that mission is picked, a battle will be set up hopefully right away, and the teams will be notified. From there, it becomes a physical battle (preferably using discord for orders), and the battle will proceed as normal

RP, Or resource point is a "currency" granted by ownership of systems, it can be thought of as military-Industrial capacity. not as an ever-increasing amount. At the beginning of each campaign turn, an alliance tally's up the amount of RP it has, and it can use that RP to "buy" units for battles. This must be a strategic decision however, because this must last for the entire turn, the Pan-Slavya Coalition could start the turn, and choose to send a massive assault of tanks into the Pact's territory.. they could win the battle, but if they are attacked on the Pact, or Concordat turns, they will have no resources to spend.

Alliances

Crimson Concordat
Spoiler
Show
Influenced by the powers of the Rubrum Crusignatis, the Concordat is an alliance of the Western factions of the sector seeking to bring order to the lawlessness of the region. They are not the best of friends, but they find greater threats in their neighbors and chose to band together, and ask for help from outside in dealing with the rowdy Western systems.

Capital Systems: Withnail, Khrabrost
Naval bases: Legion, Skadovsk, Mir, Volkhov

Primary Factions: Peacheneg Armata Coalition, Chernarusyn Star Federation
Secondary Factions: Imperial Magikstrate, Space Austria
Tertiary Factions: M-Throne Empire, Unified Republik of Poland
Maripol Pact
Spoiler
Show
The Maripol Pact is an alliance of Capitalist Oligarchic factions that is attempting to spread it's influence through the sector and weaken the Galacian Imperiya. The Pact operates under the guise of spreading "Freedom", but often this is just a means to an end, the end being to push corporate interests. The Pact is the smallest of the three factions

Capital Systems: Zaphor
Naval bases: Monolith

Primary Factions: Zagorian Systems Conglomerate, USA
Secondary Factions: Galacian Resistance, Mercenaries
Tertiary Factions: N/A
Pan-Slavya Coalition
Spoiler
Show
The Pan-Slavya Coalition is an alliance of nations pledging to defend the Independence of the Western Arms from "foreign" powers. In many aspects it is an alliance of the status quo. It's member factions reject the interference of Outsiders and other Western Arms factions that collaborate with them

Capital Systems: Elkoss, Volhinya
Naval bases: Bakhacha, Bulat, Buran, Bratishka, Ghost, Watchman

Primary Factions: Galacian Imperiya, Volhinyan State
Secondary Factions: Sakhalin Republik, Ulvarattan Republik
Tertiary Factions: N/A
Last edited by Kastrenzo on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

Kastrenzo

Re: [Campaign] - The Third Gold War

Post by Kastrenzo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:25 pm

BRASS - Players. You can join any team, but once you join a team you cannot change teams. You may leave, but not change
Non-teamed players are allowed to play as neutral factions, they will only come up if a neutral region is attacked in a "Police action"

MARIPOL PACT - Blue
Falk

PAN-SLAVYA COALITION - White
Ninja_Bait
RedRover

CRIMSON CONCORDAT - Red
Darkstorm

Confirmed Neutrals (Anyone can play, don't need to sign up for these, must not be on a team already though)
baconquistador

MISSIONS - Sidelined for now, anyone can attack any neighboring region. Missions are considered optional special attacks, they become void if they no longer border your territory
Spoiler
Show
Missions
Phase I

Crimson Concordat
A - Kopachy

The peaches of Kopachy, the KPR cannot be trusted to stand with their Balkani brothers, they are puppets of the 45th Union and every second they are here, they are encouraging more and more to hate all peaches, this must be stopped once and for all
B - Rust

Rust is a poor and uncivilized world populated by primitives and frequently raided by Pirates.. It would be a good listening post, if the natives could be ... tamed
C - Karbov - NAVAL

Varyag is a cancer on the Gold Sector, if we can ever hope to bring peace and justice to the region, the hateful and racist Cherhovna Bryhada and their Quasi-State need to be pushed out. We will start this theatre in Karbov

Maripol Pact
A - Gommorah Station - NAVAL

Our borders are threatened by the savage Syndikat Pirates. We should "convince" them that they should do their Raiding in someone else's territory
B - Ulvarrat

The Ulvarattan authoritarian government is weak, we could easily topple them if we strike now. The rest of them will surely turn coat and fight for their own freedom.
C- Adiivka

Adiivka is Zagorian! We must show the Imperiya we will not back down.. it's time to Reclaim our territory by force!
Pan-Slavya Coalition
A - Maripol

The so called Maripol Pact rises again... we should show this rabble how insignificant their alliance really is by taking the very planet it's named after
B - Outer Haven

Outer Haven has traditionally been blockaded.. first by Galacia, and later by Volhinya. The Volhinyans cannot be expected to contribute to the war when considerable assets are dedicated to containing this backwater.. and the Imperiya will not waste resources on the same job.. We must take action
to provide a more long term solution to this rebellious hell-hole
C - Bulat Station - NAVAL

The Reds are coming! Bulat Station sits on the border of both Concordat space, as well as the USSSR. It's a strategically useless location.. We should deactivate and scuttle the station before the PAC takes it over...
Last edited by Kastrenzo on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:23 pm

I'm up for whatever. If you're looking for me to pick a faction I'll take the Crimson Concordat's Chernarusyn Star Federation, otherwise whatever you are intending for me to pick that's red.
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:32 pm

I'm interested in participating, too, though I don't have any particular preference for factions.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

baconquistador
Nice Dubs

Post by baconquistador » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:28 pm

Whichever gets me to play those sick Rust figs (neutral powers?), sign me up.
Resumé: HAS BECOME CHAOS CHICKEN

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:31 pm

I guess I need to explain how joining the war works.

First things first, there are two phases. Campaign orders, and battle orders.
Battles are self explanitory, this is where the minifigs and ships are shooting

Campaign orders, follow the same structure as a battle, there is a "turn" called a phase. the phase ends when all 3 alliances have taken both a mission and if applicable, a secondary action
Once a phase is over. A phase tally is taken, and the war score is updated. including a short rundown of the phase's events.

A phase should in theory take about 7-8 days on a good week. Please keep in mind that the faster this goes, the smaller the battles may be. Things will begin to look a little silly. when a 20 vs 20 battle determines the outcome of an entire planetary invasion, most battles are considered to be "for all the marbles" and a successful mission usually means the takeover or lockdown of a system. Although some missions may have other outcomes "like raising/lowering victory points"

A failed mission has consequences, Such as la nearby system losing a defense level or losing warscore

Warscore is used to "Activate" Units.

There are essentially 3 teams. We'll call them Red, Blue and White for now.

If you are on that team, you are allowed to command ANY unit under ANY faction within that alliance assigned to it.
Teams decide how they want to do this, or if it will literally be just first come first serve

Team members may elect their own rules, is it democracy, anarchy, or first to open their mouth?
Each time I call for campaign orders, there will be a 24 hour grace period for the team to decide which mission to do. And who will be sending the actual orders once the actual battle starts.

Anyone on the team can send battle orders. If no one is available. They will be NPC'd
Non aligned players can play neutral factions, but they cannot play as part of an alliance faction
Neutral factions will be NPC'd too if there isn't anyone to play. Neutral factions will only really be in play for the first phase.

YOU CAN NOT CHANGE ALLIANCE. CHOOSE CAREFULLY.
Last edited by Kastrenzo on Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:51 pm

Can NSSR or STFU join a side?

If they can they will join the Maripol Pact
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:28 am

RedRover and I will likely take the Coalition.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:41 am

BriksKrieg wrote:Can NSSR or STFU join a side?

If they can they will join the Maripol Pact
No, sorry. The sides are drawn. Almost every faction I currentley possess is already involved.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:46 am

I have no idea what’s happening but I want the blue team if there is one.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

baconquistador
Nice Dubs

Post by baconquistador » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:44 pm

You know, I think I'll sit back and watch this one. :omnom: Massive scale? Many much battle? Sounds like it'll be a Brikwar to remember!!
Resumé: HAS BECOME CHAOS CHICKEN

ImeantToDoThat
Champion
Champion

Post by ImeantToDoThat » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:54 am

i want in on this.

i'll take a spot on red team unless one of the other ones is heavily outnumbered

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:30 pm

Sure, I'll sign you up but please note discord is highly reccomended as I will not be on the forums every day

Also, this link will take you to a google doc, all the rules, unit lists, and the campaign newsfeed is available here

the newsfeed is basically just a scratch board to keep track of whats going on each phase.

the turn order for the first phase has been decided,

Concordat > Pact > Coalition

Commanders, please have a look at your Unit sheets, found in the bottom of the google doc *click the link there*
Please have a look through and repost back here with your "purchase order" for units.

For the time being, Please ignore the points on the map, For the first round
Pact and Concordat get 40 points
Coalition gets 50

Falk

Post by Falk » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:13 am

There isn’t a link in your post
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:22 pm

This campaign was cancelled in favor of something more.. Ragnabloky