Bots and Blasts

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Zupponn, Killer Karetsu, Moronstudios

Bots and Blasts

Postby baconquistador » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:14 pm

Intro:
It was a brisk, sunny Spooktober day like any other in the small Peach town of Nowhere.

The townsfolk went about their daily business in tranquility.

Kabobs were being sold. Everything was right in the world...
"Hold on a moment."

It's the Lord Of Halloween!
"Did you say tranquility and Spooktober in the same sentence there? Peaches, no less!"

"Let's do something about that, shall we?

*POOF*

*POOF*

*POOF*
A Dr0id army just exploded into existence! Complete with a Windup-class juggernaut, the mobile fortress begins to unload its troops under the command of The Elite, an assassin of whom little is known on account of the few survivors of its attacks.

Additionally, the back of the mobile fortress opens, and out comes General Cheesus and his cheesy mercenaries! [I swear I don't use this guy in every battle I do, just the two recorded thus far :mrgreen: ]

The Elite: *BEEP* "Target acquired."

:byzero:

General Cheesus: "Slaughter them all! Spare not a-"
"Not so fast, tin can. HERE COMES THE BOOM!"

With impeccable timing, the Boomin' Battalion comes rolling into the town led by Tommy Thunder!
Tommy Thunder: "Let's get to it, boys! Arm the cockroaches!"
Soldier: "Peaches, sir."
Tommy Thunder: "That's what I meant!"

The citizens of the town grab weapons from the back of the half-track, ready to finally do something exciting.

What's this? A mysterious stranger appears in the distance...

It's Marius Silverson! The legendary Peach archer has come to protect the village under his charge from the Dr0ids' machinations.

Stay tuned for the battle! (This would've been posted on Halloween but technical difficulties arose. :x The battle itself was completeted last Sunday, I'll try to post the rest of the pics as quickly as possible.)
Last edited by baconquistador on Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resumé: HAS BECOME CHAOS CHICKEN
baconquistador
Hero

Re: [HH] Bots and Blasts

Postby baconquistador » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:50 pm

Battalion:
Kabob man wolfs down a snack to get the party started.

Marius uses a grapple hook arrow to zip to the top of the tower. [FEAT SUCCESSFUL]

He then takes a shot at the Windup, but fails to penetrate its armor.

The soldiers all move up into defensive positions, and the short Peach loads the cannon.
These guys climb through a hole in the fence.

Dr0ids:
The jetpack mercenaries short work of the junkyard chains.

General Cheesus destroys a TV. Yeah... not sure why.

Shots are taken at Marius, but the most they get done is the Windup blowing the roof off of the tiny house.

These droids spread out and set up response fire.

Battalion:
Kabob Guy: "Hey, are you gonna drink that?"
Soldier: "Uhh, no, knock yourself out."
Then more sprint rolls.

Short peach fires the cannon...

And DECIMATES some bots! FIRST BLOOD

This Peach officer searches a house and finds grenades! Oh yeah, and a fortune in gold, but more importantly, grenades!

This soldier just finds a bass guitar. He jams out some smooth riffs for a turn.

This gunner and sniper take up positions. Only the sniper has the range to make an attack, but he misses.

Meanwhile, these bloodthirsty Peaches unlock the gates and prepare to charge. (That guard is way too dead for the medic to revive.)

Overwatch
baconquistador
Hero

Re: [HH] Bots and Blasts

Postby baconquistador » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Dr0ids:
More shots taken, more shots missed. These super battal dr0ids aren't feeling so super.

The sniper snipes the sniping sniper. :trollception:
[These are the only photos I took of this round, it was just a lot of re-positioning on the Dr0ids' part. I should take a moment to explain how my 11-yr-old brother was playing them, and while he isn't the best at the game yet, I hope you'll join me in giving him some grace as he learns to be the future to a glorious tradition of gratuitous violence.]

Battalion:
A revive is attempted by the medic. However, as if millions of butts cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced, the hands of fate butt-capitated the poor sniper.

Marius does a running leap into the hole in the top of the tiny house, holding a response feat. What could he be planning?  :mystery:

These soldiers, joined by a Peach cop, run up to the tower and open the door for cover.

The Peaches at the gate rush forward and try to gun down two mercenaries, but only one of them dies on account of General Cheesus diving forward and knocking down his sniper. Inverse red-shirt???  :?:  [General Cheesus: 2/3 HP]

Tommy Thunder: "Eat lead, assholes!"
He begins to spray and pray, until his next turn he will fire a constant stream of bullets in a 1" arc, anyone who moves or starts their turn there will take fire. [FEAT SUCCESSFUL]

This officer really leans into the Spooktober spirit by giving a soldier and a Peach his grenades, a trick and a treat! The peach dashes forward, chucks it...

And nails the throw!

The General is blasted back, and the sniper he saved is reduced to a smear of gore. [General Cheesus: 1/3 HP]

Dr0ids:
General Cheesus: "Enough!!"
He takes up the rifle dropped by the sniper and takes three shots at once! [FEAT SUCCESSFUL] Two Peaches get blasted, one jetpack boi drops his gun.

This guy shoots real high into the air.

When a cocky super battal dr0id tries to peek in the tiny house, Marius uses his response to explode out of the roof and shoot a hail of arrows at anyone nearby! [FEAT SUCCESSFUL] [Windup: 1/2 SP] [The Elite: 2/3 HP]

Pretty much everybody retaliates with much combined fire, knocking the archer down. [Marius Silverson: 1/3 HP (idk the first time he got hit  :oops: )
baconquistador
Hero

Re: Bots and Blasts

Postby baconquistador » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:22 am

Unfortunately, due to scheduling snafus, I gotta take this one out of the hellhunt, I just don't have enough time to upload it before tomorrow  :(
baconquistador
Hero

Postby baconquistador » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:43 pm

Battalion:
Very cannon, much explosion.

Tommy Thunder gives his best shot at an inspiring battle cry, but he can't think of an appropriate action movie line to shout. This upsets him, and he gets -1 to skill rolls and his move speed until his next turn. [FEAT KRITIKAL FAIL]

This guy dives through the window.

His buddies take a more tactical approach.

Remember that soldier that spent some time jamming out? Well, to make up for lost time he finds extra move speed in the form of a buckin' bronco! YEEHAW BOIS

Two MGs jam, one sniper whiffs a shot, zero casualties. Waste of time.

Getting shakily to his feet, Marius shoots an explosive arrow at the Windup,which critfails its armor rolls but not as badly as the archer's damage.

Dr0ids:
The General makes a long shot, three points! Another peach bites the dust.

He then climbs swiftly up the junkyard wall with his clawed feet.
General Cheesus: "You there!"
"Here, trade."

More concentrated fire, and some gross overkill later, a legend fades from the history books.
[Marius Silverson: ELIMINATED]

Battalion:
All that Kabob meat and "water" and sprinting around has created something... Something deadly, from the depths of the Kabob Peach's bowels... however disgusting the impromptu blast attack was, the Dr0ids are unaffected.

The professionals step up and show 'em how it's done!
[The Elite: ELIMINATED]

This gunner was tired of all the shit.  :wink: MUSTACHE INTENSIFIES

He blows the head off the Windup!

The medic tries again for a revive...

And succeeds! Yeah, the cop lost a leg, but who cares? Take that, med school!

Cow rider urges his steed forward and unloads on a jetpack troop.

Bullseye! (I'd say sorry for all the puns, but I'm really not)

Tommy Thunder takes out the other one, leaving Cheesus all by his lonesome. (The gunner just moved forward and jammed his gun again, so I didn't bother taking a pic of him.)

With really nothing left to lose, General Cheesus dashes up to the gunner and shows him what a jam really is.

Yeah, so the grenade the cow rider was carrying? Didn't go too far.

Two soldiers, a short Peach, two Dr0ids, and a cow died.  :studgod:

Kabob Peach uses his shotgun to mop up the last Dr0id. All eyes turn to the final combat...

Tommy Thunder: "Peaches are one thing, but you wanna dice up my boys? That's it..." *slap*

"You've--" *kick*

"Been--" *slam*

"THUNDERSTRUCK!!!" BLAM
[General Cheesus: ELIMINATED]

The Boomin' Battalion Wins!

After the bloodbath, the remaining soldiers gather around their intrepid leader.
Tommy Thunder: "Well men, we lost some good soldiers today. But you know what, we had a damn good time and shredded some metal freaks doin' it! Overall, I think we can put this one down as a success."

Final Overwatch

Hope you enjoyed, apologies for all the delays. *cough* school sucks *cough* Let me know what y'all think!
(Also, seeing as the judging hasn't started yet, would it be too much to ask to put this battle back in the hellhunt? If not, I completely understand.)
baconquistador
Hero

Postby Muffin_Man » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:58 am

Well.
That escalated quickly (in the best way possible of course!)
I'm your best friend...probably
TROLOLO
Muffin_Man
Champion
Champion

Return to Reports From the Field