[RK19] Let the BrikVerse Die - Kill It, If You Have To

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Zupponn, Killer Karetsu, Moronstudios

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

[RK19] Let the BrikVerse Die - Kill It, If You Have To

Post by Arkbrik » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:35 pm

Fey's band of Resillion fighters advances across the frozen planet...

...but a force from the Only Order has tracked them down, led by Stylo Ken himself!

A ship breaks the ice with its powerful prow. It's the Rhampho! Astraios and the Rhamphonauts aren't sure what to do here, or how they even got here, but they're always up for an adventure!

BBBBRRROOOOOTTTAAAAALLLLZZZZZ

3 Inches of Blood starts playing

On a pillar of ice, the Farce oracle sits in meditation.

It's going down.

Urged on by Astraios, the Rhampho flies through the air, ramming a Nex-Wing Fighter!

Fearless as ever, Astraios boards the fighter!

The Brootalz charge forward!

Their Ragetank fires at the Only Order's ATATA Walker, but misses.

Big Bawss Bludsplatta grabs a Brootal to hoist him up on the pillar, and secure the oracle.

But the Bawss is too forceful, and his underling is sent flying, breaking his neck as he hits the ice. First blood to the Brootalz!

With a mighty Farce jump, Stylo Ken boards the Ragetank, but fails to kill the Brootal gunner.

Then, a misaimed Only Order rocket blows up both Stylo and the gunner.

With a Farce jump of her own, Fey leaps onto the Nex-Wing, engaging Astraios!

The Nex-Wings zoom over the ice, blasting both Brootalz and Only Order StarTroopers. The Resillion infantry follows on the ground.

The Resillion's sniper took out the Rhamphonaut bowman, but gets rammed by the Rhampho in retaliation.

Astraios kills the Nex-Wing's pilot!

But Fey boots him off!

She grabs the controls, and expertly manages to pull the fighter up before it crashes! Fey's never flown a Nex-Wing before, but, you know, she's a quick learner.

The Rhamphonaut hoplites disembark, and attack the Resillion.

Astraios steals the Nex-Wing pilot's helmet.

He returns to the Rhampho.

Bawss Bludsplatta lifts another Brootal up to the oracle - more carefully this time.

Then he unloads his gun on Fey's Nex-Wing, blowing it up! The LiteSider manages to bail out, but the explosion kills three Rhamphonauts, including their priestess.

As well as the Brootal who just got placed on the oracle's spire.

Two Brootalz clamber onto the Ragetank - they need to be two to operate the gun, now that the gunner is dead.

They fire on the ATATA Walker, doing some damage. Another Brootal sprints up the spire to the oracle.

The second Nex-Wing rams the ATATA Walker...!

...doing no damage at all. The Nex-WIng blows up, though, and the explosion damages the walker. It also kills some Only Order troopers, including their Mechanik robot. But the robot did manage to finish building a speeder from the already crashed Nex-Wing.

Fey immediately steals it.

Mastering the controls in an instant, she sets it on a collision course with the ATATA Walker!

The impact isn't enough to destroy neither the speeder nor the walker.

Fey does a backflip out of the crash and lands on her feet.

The Rhamphonaut philosopher convinces the priestess that one should never give up on life, but rather one's unnecessary body parts. The priestess comes back to life, minus one hand.

The Rhampho smashes into Fey, breaking her spine.

The priestess calls up on the gods to strike down her enemies... but their wrath is turned against her! However, Astraios manages to leap in and deflect the divine lightning with his mirrorshield. The heavens rumble, most displeased...

Astraios grabs Fey's beamsaber.

Meanwhile, the Brootal Ragetank grabs Stylo's beamsaber, attaches it to the gun, and charges the ATATA Walker!

It's a kill!

The Brootal who was minding the oracle died for some reason or another. Anyway, a new Brootal is on the job.

Bawss Bludsplatta gets stuck in! He shoots the Rhamphonaut priestess dead again, and grabs the Only Order RocketTrooper. He tries to squeeze the trooper in just the right way, to make him launch his last rocket...

That wasn't the direction he wanted, though.

The rocket explodes in Bludsplatta's face, but he laughs it off. Brootalz are tuff like that.

The FlameTrooper, last of the Only Order force, sets fire to Bludsplatta!

Then he hops onto the prow of the Rhampho, just behind a hoplite - he's had the brilliant idea of sinking the ship by reenacting Titanic.

The last Resillion fighter desperately tries to reach the oracle, engaging the Brootal guard.

The Rhampho rams Bludsplatta, to no effect.

The priestess is up and walking again! Well, she had to give up her legs, but still!

She unleashes divine lightning on Bludsplatta, even as Astraios charges in with his beamsaber - and together, they bring the Brootal Bawss down!

The Hoplite doesn't feel like flying today, Jack. She turns around and spears the FlameTrooper, eliminating the Only Order from the field.

Astraios leaps onto the ice pillar, spinning his beamsaber. The Brootal is slain, but the Resillion fighter survives.

Not for long though! He's impaled by the other beamsaber, wielded by the Ragetank. The Resillion is defeated!

Then the Rhampho rams the Ragetank, and blows it up, ending the Brootal threat as well. Astraios is pushed away from the explosion by the priestess, who dies for the third time today.

Another very temporary death, of course.

Astraios ascends the ice pillar, and greets the oracle.

"Hail, ancient one. Why do so many fight and die for a chance to be in your presence?"

"Ragnablok is coming, hero. The BrikVerse as we know it will end, and another will be built in its place."

"But what can you do about that?"

"What if I told you... there is a way past Ragnablok? A way to reach the new BrikVerse before anyone else, and leave your mark on it? Do you not think many would seek it?"

"...How do I find this way?"

"Travel up the right river, to the great city. There you will find... the Ragnamobile."

"The Ragnamobile?"

"Ride it into the apocalypse, and beyond."

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Re: [RK19] Let the BrikVerse Die - Kill It, If You Have To

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:48 pm

Fantastic mayhem, good sir!
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImage

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:49 pm

these Nex-wings and the ATATA are true works of beauty.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cakeman » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:38 am

Chuckle-inducing mayhem, I like it! Thanks for posting.

Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting
bad at shitposting

Post by Kommander Ken » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:18 pm

Daaaammnnn that Rhampho is OP. Great battle and a fun read though.

TheLEGObrick
Nice Dubs

Post by TheLEGObrick » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:48 am

Ooh that is some sweet mayhem... My only suggestion would be to add the sort of angle on the text in the second picture just to make it... slightly more Star Wars reference-y? :D

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:31 pm

Fun - 17 - Space Wars puns are great, Trieme ramming things is great, Brootalz are great
Violence - 7 - not a lot of fun effects, though there's a great deal of dismemberment
Photography - 6 - Dark and grainy. Time to invest in brighter lightbulbs.
Writing - 8 - Clear and to the point, not a lot of flavor
Story - 8 - Definitely ties into the theme, also references existing media, leaves room for a sequel
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImage

Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting
bad at shitposting

Post by Kommander Ken » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:42 pm

Fun: I can tell there were a lot of laughs while playing this out, because it was a super entertaining read. 17.
Violence: While there lacked a lot of blood and fire, severed limbs are still acceptable at least. 7.
Photography: I understand not all rooms have fantastic lighting, and its unfortunate this seemed to be one of those rooms. Bit grainy. 5.
Writing: Drives the flow of the battle, which is good. 7.

EDIT: Story: 7
Last edited by Kommander Ken on Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Itsjustaguy
Champion
Champion

Post by Itsjustaguy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:52 pm

Fun Definitely a very traditional brikwarsian type of battle, that's gonna score high in my books any day. 19
Violence A work of art if blood was paint and weapons were paintbrushes 9
Photography Gotta agree with the rest on this one as per usual, although I think that you captured the subject in all of your pictures, the quality was not equal to your skill 7
Writing Everything was described in detail and was easy enough to follow. Cultivating stronger emotional attachments to characters is a good next step 9

Edit Story 7
RealHumanTM