Heroic Failures

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

doodstormer
Cannon Fodder

Heroic Failures

Post by doodstormer » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:59 pm

I was once playing a 3-way war, and I was severely out numbered. So I attempted a "Morale boost" with my hero, to add 1 to all their actions. I failed, so they had to listen to a droning speech for 2 turns.

In the same battle, my hero attempted to snatch the shield from his fellow man, then hurl it at a ninja a few inches away. I failed, and the hero decapitated the soldier with his own shield. whoops.

In yet another battle, I had a wizard hero. So I tried to cast a huge fireball to throw at the enemy, but failed. so he engulfed himself and the unfortunate nearby civilians in flame.

Man, I love inventing consequences for failure. :twisted:

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:17 pm

ah jes.. we all know heroic feats are most amuzing when they fail(or when they succeed depending on the attempted feat)

I once had my hero attempt to jump onto a passing je, it failed, he instead leaped straight into the engines.
matrix like moves like dodging bullets, failed, instead caught all bullets with his forehead..
and my favorite, attempted to save my other hero by throwing a sword at him.. (well actually I meant to deflect the bullet shot at him)
it failed, and I probably don't need to tell you what happened next
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

ninkybob
Champion
Champion

Post by ninkybob » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:58 pm

myself! wrote:I've never seen the Matrix before either...we must have been underprivaldged children.
I've seen several hilarious Heroic feats like:
"My hero is gonna jump up, fly over there, kill the dragon and make it fall on the castle gates, breaking them and giving my men a burst of energy that will allow them all to move inside. If I fail, my hero falls while flying because he saw how far away the ground was and detonates with a 15 kiloton nuclear explosion which miraculously only harms my guys, ok?"
Or:
"Me SuperRobot is gonna run over to the other SuperRobot, pick it up and carry it to the fixit shop where it will get repaired. If I fail then the SuperRobot succesfully picks up the other one, but forgets where it is going, trips and falls off the edge of the table, ok?"

Yep, Stupendous in every way...
Yep, that about sums it up.

kidko
Officer

Post by kidko » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:17 pm

One battle, I was playing a Shady Mercenary hero (you know, quiet, stealthy, but still kicking ass with an AK-47) and tried to teleport/sneak unnoticed 1d10 inches in a given direction, through a wall. I succeeded, BUT! The 1d10" ended up about 2-3" (don't quite remember), landing him right in a wall. Everybody had a good laugh about this one.

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:44 am

Heroic Failures are what make BrikWars so fun :). I can't really remember any great, but I do have this one:

Enemy troopers are in a trench right next to a some 8" high tower. Galagoo's space ninja (which was on the same team as my sniper) was on the top of the tower, and some 3" from him was a vine hanging and a monkey hanged on the vine. My sniper takes a feat to shoot the vine and cut it in order to drop the monkey on enemy troopers. We agreed that the monkey would be so confused that it would mess the whole defense line. Well, I failed and you can guess what happened then: the sniper shot ninja in the face. And a second later the ninja was dead on the ground. Galagoo didn't like it too much :P
Elämän tie läpi varjojen vie.
~Terapia
<><

moronbro
Battlefield General

Zombie make bad

Post by moronbro » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:16 pm

I once played a game with my brother and a friend, and my friends mage failed at a healing spell and brought a horde of zombies upon himself.

He was not amused
Consider yourself talken to.

-moronbro

Matt
Officer

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:26 pm

Once, an explosive expepert/hero was attempting avoid a chaingun burst by diving behind one of the opposit teams troops but faild and during the dive he set off his grenade causing a chain reaction witch resulted in a mass explosion,killing one of his own troops along with one of the enemys
with a whoping 45 damage!
(the reason there were only 2 casultys is that it was most of the way through the game)
"One can never have enough miniguns my friend."
I hope I get to say that Someday.....
My Flickr
http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vi ... &ref=flink

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:16 pm

Yeah, heroic failures are probably the most entertaining part of Brikwars, which is saying <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a>. For instance: My Spartan hero tried to kick somebody into a pit, but slipped, and accidentally kicked my minigunner, who turned around and shot my ninja, whos pieces went flying and caused a turret to go off, which... etc.
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Post by Atomsk » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:58 pm

The dumbest Brikwars battle I ever played was this middle earth-themed fight in a ruined castle. I had orcs and wargs and a troll, but my freind had his heavy cavelry block the bridge, and then his elven archers just picked my forces apart. In a last ditch effort I sent my Balrog to swipe his knights into the river. He failed, his whip caught his own legs and wings, and he fell into the river and drowned. I don't think I killed a single one of his knights.

Then I went back and read the rules and realized I had no idea how to properly combine attacks. Whoops.

Stormzen
Hero

Post by Stormzen » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:27 pm

Well there was this one battle where my Gangsta hero (my friend's idea) tried to jump into a rocket powered car while it was moving, launch off a ramp, drive-by a bunch of guys in a castle, and land safely in the middle of the town. But... he failed and ended up falling into a pirate air ship, lighting the fuel on fire with the rocket booster, making it all explode and take out the rest of the buildings on the side of the street, along with some of my frontline troopers. And I still won :D .

There was also the time my friend's necromancer tried to raise someone but failed, making him deader than dead. Which, apparently, means an explosion of hot steamy entrails, which took out a pirate, an orc, and two SWAT guys.
Almighty Benny wrote:That's so true, Adam probably would shoot his own foot off and crash into a wall.

cris
Battlefield General

Post by cris » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:13 am

one time me and my friends had a hero run into a phone booth, turn into super man, prank colled the enemy hero, then attempted to eat the phone, he failed at the latter and the ninja had to come and give him the himlec manuver
sorry but i can't think of a creative signature...

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:04 pm

well my hero tryed to hook up with chicks from a higher social class at a bar failing miserably causeing their heads to explode from embaresment soooo now the police arrived and took him to prison for murder.... he was then broken out with a timebomb and subsequently captured again this time he was imprisoned on a high sequirity cell on top of a fan blade awaiting another rescue atempt.
hows that for failure?
mayby my solo games are too in depth

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:26 pm

Once my female hero got here hair chopped of by a thrown blade. she attempted to grow her hair back but failed and grew male hair and a mustache.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Post by Tiny Tank Rannon » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:29 pm

My Tiny tank hero tried going up a ramp, through a hole in a wall to crush the enemies on the other side.

He failed, and fell on my troopers that were right under the wall, then exploded.

never give your hero a failsafe detonator...

The Crazy Clone!
Champion
Champion

Post by The Crazy Clone! » Thu May 15, 2008 1:17 am

i was playing against my friend and my hero attemted to throw his saber at my fiends hero.
he failed, killed eveyone in his squad cut of his own hand and impaled and innacent civilian into the base wall
"One day we shall rule the world and destroy the smart minifigs with easy to start buzz-saws."
-The Dimmie king

http://www.freewebs.com/the-crazy-clone/index.htm