Single-round garage-sale-bucket Brikwar

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Killer Karetsu

Single-round garage-sale-bucket Brikwar

Postby Dr. X » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Recently I found a large bucket of 90's LEGO at a garage sale. It included tons of Ice Planet, Exploriens, Pirates, and other stuff. I also found over a dozen OTCs.

My and my brother decided to have a quick battle using only pieces from the bucket (save for some baseplates). We built a totally crappy battlefield and some totally crappy vehicles. The only tools used for this Brikwar were one large dice and some cookies.

Here is an overview of the battlefield. We played a scenario: my team, the Exploriens (lower side of battlefield), were carrying a valuable cargo stored inside some barrels on top of a flyer (the front of it can barely be seen in the pic), protected by a squad or two and a large rover. My bro's team, the Ice Planet things, were waiting in ambush to snag the cargo. His goal was to capture the cargo and bring it back to a bucket in their base, and my goal was to kill all of his people.

Special forces, the orange transparent skii-ing chainsaw-wielding monkeys. We did eventually run out of weapons from the pile, so half our minifigs were armed with cups, bricks, parrots, pans, forks on sticks, brooms, handcarts, and feathers.

Round 1: Turn One (my bro's turn)

My brother's missile flyer, and the under-armed troops below it, decided to make a move for the cargo flyer. For some reason, they decide to blow it up, vaporizing their cargo and costing them the game. With a critical success on part of the pilot, they managed to launch a missile/engine at it and hit. I took great pleasure in smashing it to the ground with my fist.

End of round 1

And, after a few tank movements, so ends the game. It might have gone on longer, but we ran out of cookies.

-Dr. X
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby Theblackdog » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:37 pm

I like the ski monkeys. Nice game.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby benkim123 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:29 am

nice battle
benkim123
Jaw-Jaw

Postby pesgores » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:05 pm

Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:31 pm

well, i fell ashamed to say this, but that field was WAY better than mine, as it is 1. bigger 2. more objects 3. more sniper spots and bridges.
"If you fuck a clone of yourself, is it incest or masturbation?" - my best friend

Being a Knight of Space is hard work. Nobody else could land so many hot people and still be coherent.

razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor

Postby Doopliss » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:48 pm

I love the battlefield. Minimalistic, but still very interesting-looking to fight on like Bonn-o-Tron.
Doopliss
Hero

Return to Reports From the Field