Kicking off my BrikWars career with 5-way crazy battle.

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Kicking off my BrikWars career with 5-way crazy battle.

Post by Pwnerade » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:01 am

So I fought my first BrikWars battle at a friends house last week. There ended up being a lot of players, and plenty of carnage. Rather than try to upload all the pictures and then posting them here, I'm posting a link to my album on Facebook. Then I don't gave to worry about them being too big or whatever. I set it to viewable by everyone, so it should work. Let me know if it doesn't. I'm still a photo noob, and am expecting much criticism for my photography.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=81 ... aid=131721

AdrianTheGeek
Cannon Fodder

Post by AdrianTheGeek » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:02 am

It won't show so I added you.
james+burgundy wrote:nice parts
james+burgundy wrote:Think you can get me the guys number
james+burgundy wrote:O I was hoping he'd stay at my place

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:19 am

I can has actual report plz? kthnx.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:54 am

Elmagnifico wrote:I can has actual report plz? kthnx.
I second this.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:20 am

So we can only see this battle if we have Facebook? :evil:

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:22 am

No, I can't see it and I have facebook. You have to add him/her, so I suspect :trap: . A grooming trap.

AdrianTheGeek
Cannon Fodder

Post by AdrianTheGeek » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:03 pm

Magic Soap wrote:No, I can't see it and I have facebook. You have to add him/her, so I suspect :trap: . A grooming trap.
I suspect that :mbd: for this information.
james+burgundy wrote:nice parts
james+burgundy wrote:Think you can get me the guys number
james+burgundy wrote:O I was hoping he'd stay at my place

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:05 pm

Yes, :mbd: in very, very horrible ways.

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:08 pm

Well :mystery: how :mbd: but all i know is :twss: and if you want to know what really happened :diy:.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:40 am

Well, I set it to viewable by everyone, but I guess Facebook sucks. I am currently out-of-town, so I won't be able to fix this until I get home. Sorry, guys.

There was a 5-way battle, with 2 teams of 2 and one solo team. The terrain featured mountainous and urban areas. Each team got 15 troopers, and whatever vehicles were brought. The solo team had a lot of vehicles, and gave some of his men special abilities based on the characters from Team Fortress 2, so we decided it was roughly even. There were heroic feats involving hijacking vehicles, crushing the Batmobile with a rock, destroying an AT-ST with a Rock-Raiders-drill-lance, getting rid off said lance, and killing someone with a winch. The solo army ended the battle with only 4 men, and mine with 6, so we considered ourselves to be the winners. The battle ended due to time limits, but the street was so clogged with dead bodies and destroyed vehicles that it would have been hard to fight much longer.

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:23 am

Alright, here's the photos. Keep your fingers crossed.

Bryce's Star Wars troopers set up in the Northern Mountains, my spacemen in the fire station, Thad's forces in the buildings to the south, Derek's men in the southwestern skate park, and Wes's army in the temple to the northwest.

Bryce briefly considered putting his railroad workers in the pizzeria, but later moved them. Civilian vehicles, spare weapons, trash cans, trees, and other accessories were scattered about.

Bryce's kingdom, and wandering capturable horses. Bryce and Derek were on a team, and Wes and I were teamed up. Thad was on his own, but had many vehicles, and some of his troopers had special abilities based on the characters from Team Fortress 2. To speed things up, you could only use 5 minifigs a turn, and each player had 15 'figs.

Wes's vehicle slices up a neutral robo-gator with the mounted buzzsaws.

I chose the fire station so I could commandeer the fire trucks, since the only vehicles I brought were horses and my hero's rocket bike.

Most of the pictures involve my forces, since I took most of the photos.

I mounted up and drove into town, only to be ambushed by Thad's forces as they came out of his off-map area. The lead fire truck is t-boned by the Batmobile, but survives.

Some of Derek's forces, including Jamie Hyneman of MythBusters riding on a Mega-Bloks Aslan.

Thad's sniper took out 2 of my troopers, and then his mech jumped in and decapitated a third with it's blade.

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:37 am

Thad's proud mech.

My hero (on the rocket bike) decided to use a heroic feat to fly into the cab and kick out the driver. He was successful.

Wes's exceptionally well-armed hero takes out Derek's AT-ST with a heroic feat so quickly that all I was able to catch was a blur. Or maybe we just don't have steady hands. Due to high die rolls, the power cell overloads and it was vaporized.

Bryce car-bombs Wes's massive Rock Raider tank, taking out the cab. Although immobilized, the mining lasers are still armed and fully operational.

Using the manual fire function, Thad's Batmobile simply shoots the fire truck. Also, two of my space troopers dismount. My Hero was also sniped out of the mech's cockpit. The mech's driver had somehow survived the fall from the cockpit and getting run over by the second fire truck.

Wes's buzzsaw vehicle moves south to engage Bryce. Bryce's soldiers manage to gun down some of Wes's.

Thad backs up the Batmobile, and deploys the Medic.

Thad's off-map area with undeployed units and his custom stat cards. Note the fire ring.

Derek's Spider-Man jumps into the crane, picks up a terrain feature, and prepares to attack the Batmobile with it!

CRUNCH! Batman is squished and his vehicle is disabled.

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:44 am

Derek's racecar knocks over the medic, but doesn't kill him. The Pyro's counterattack turns the popcorn stand into burning oil, but the racecar survives.

Derek's units are assaulted by Wes's bazooka-girl and witch to great success.

Robin's next!

Meanwhile, Thad deploys his Soldier and Derek sends in Jamie.

Things become cluttered as more of my troopers fall, and Thad's Engineer deploys a sentry gun and a stealthed Spy. Another one of my units jumped in the mech and killed the Sniper.

With Robin dispatched, Wes's hero continues his advance . . .

. . . and attacks The Penguin, but fails.

In hopes of crushing the Spy, the mech and fire truck move foward, but miss. The sentry gun is destroyed, however.

As if things weren't crowded enough, Thad's snowmobile zooms in, and Derek's elephant.

Followed by an armored truck.

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:55 am

The Batmobile's gas tank had been ignited by the Heavy, blowing it up and freeing up some vital space.

As a heroic feat, Spider-Man webs away Wes's infamous Rock-Raider-drill lance.

Unfazed, he uses his heroic feat to choke The Penguin with the winch on the back of his trike.

My soldiers unsuccessfully assaulted the armored truck. The Medic bit it at some point. And the Pyro, but I forget how.

I shot at Jamie, too, but missed. Jamie killed the snowmobile's pilot.

The Spy threw his knife at one of my best (coolest-looking) men, and then got on the snowmobile.

Then the Soldier blew the leg off the mech with his rocket launcher.

Picking up a discarded weapon, Wes's hero knocked down the crane. Spider-Man avoids death by Red-Shirting, his own shirt color aside.

Oh, the plasticity! We had to stop here, but sufficient damage was done. Thad ended the battle with 4 men alive (and one of his best vehicles still off the map), myself with 6, and Bryce with 12. Derek and Wes fell in-between. Thad and I both dished out and received the most damage, so we considered ourselves the victors.

My hero and his vehicle.

Well, what do you guys think?

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:58 am

Very well done, lots of death with good pictures, the drill lance was a cool weapon.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194