Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

pancakeonions
Champion
Champion

A lost village appears? LET's FIGHT!!!

Post by pancakeonions » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:35 am

The Lost Village

Eons ago, before recorded time, there existed an idyllic village, where peace and harmony ruled the day, all minifigs were created equal, and MegaBloks and other crappy Lego knock-offs had never even been heard of.

Peaceful! Harmonious! WTF?!?!

Time passed and, as with any Lego society, discord crept in. First the village elders squabbled, then bickered, then outright internecine fighting broke out. Madness gripped the village, and all semblance of order crumbled. All citizens were made to change their underwear every half-hour, and underwear was made to be worn on the outside so the elders could check. Debaucherous parties defiled their sacred halls, extraordinary quantities of libations were consumed, sodomy became as commonplace as a handshake, trianglists and Muslims lived together in peace. It was said that the forces of chaos grew so strong, so unspeakable, that the very form of the lego bricks was corrupted. Whispered tales of defiled plastic spread across the land, then suddenly: Silence. One day, the entire village simply disappeared. It was rumored that the pervasive wickedness grew so great, that a horrible vortex opened, and sucked the entire town down its gaping maw. Stories of the terrible fate of the Lost Village remained only as a cautionary tale of the horrible consequences of excess. That is, until now. When the evil Green Wizard found a way to summon back the horror that is The Lost Village.

I mean, just look at it. It literally breathes evil!
An evil keep squats overseeing the evil ruined church. EEeeevil!

Queen Asstan agonized over the loss of her first born son. Asstan always was a bit of a ruffian, but he was her favorite. She was inconsolable. Only just a few weeks ago, he and a few of his ruffian friends, including that no-good wench he ran off and married without her permission, were heading out to storm some stupid castle or keep or something. Then no word of her son for days and days. She’d feared the worst, and finally when news came of his death, it only made her grief grow. She sent her runners far and wide for word of his demise. How could her son, so strong and virile, be dead? Where was his body? How could this possibly be happening to her? And now her goodfornothing layabout husband had disappeared with a score of their best men-at-arms.Her life was falling apart. Then just this morning, everything changed. A runner returned, gasping for breath, to let her know that only a few hour’s march away, a strange ruined village had appeared, and it was said her son was interred within. She set out immediately with flowers for his grave, accompanied by her best friend Mildred, and a dozen or so of the rabble that remained lazing about the palace these days. At the last minute, chesty Jake, Asstan’s semi-boneriffic younger brother, decided to come along. It was not long before the party came across the forbidding ruins of the Lost Village.

At the ruined gate of Pure Evil!
Nobody was happy about it, but into the village they went

Despite the grim fear that gripped each and every one of them, they entered the Lost Village, and found the grave yard where Asstan lay in final rest. The queen entered to place her flowers on his grave.

The queen gasps as she finds her son's final resting place

Evil stirred within the Lost Village. “Who Dares Disturb My Important Work?” came the booming voice across the loudspeakers that had been hastily installed just before the queen’s arrival. “Be Gone! Or Prepare To Remain FOREVER!”

Dude? WTF happened to the sky and our studio lighting?

The Wizard hadn’t expected company quite this soon, and hastened to finish his awful business. He hurriedly bid his cleaning staff to go teach the intruders a lesson in plastic blood.

Oh, it's ON!

However the Queen’s men were not so easily rattled, and her archers quickly dispatched the shovel-bearing wraith before it could close with them.

Ouch!

The remaining wraith, rattled that his brethren was so ignominiously dispatched, and concerned that he may now have to do twice the amount of cleaning he previously had to, came at the rearguard fiercely. Snicker snack! went the sound of his vorpal broom and he cut deep...

Man. Embarrassing! Killed by a broom!

Before he himself met an untimely end at the hand of the footsoldiers who somewhat tardily rushed to the aide of their remaining archer compatriot. Smack! Look what all those 6s can do to a minifig!

Kill my buddy with a broom will you!?! DIE!!! (AGAIN!!!)

“What’s all this commotion about?” cried the queen, pushing Mildred aside, and rushing to the relative safety of her men.

Oh I'll just surround myself with these big strong minifigs here

The wizard smiled his evil smile. Although he was not pleased that he’d be hiring new cleaning wraiths on the morrow, they had bought him precious time. Time to summon his undead army!

“By the Plastic Gods!” cried the Queen’s men in unison, “WTF!” The ground in the graveyard erupted as untold undead minions burst forth. Wait! What was that? What foul creature appeared to be leading the horde?!?!? ZOMBIE ASSTAN! The Queen’s very own son, returned from the dead, to exact a horrible revenge for the terrible parenting the Queen had inflicted upon him from day one.

HOOOOOLY CRAAAAAAP!

Slash! Slice! Off with her head! Mildred falls to the deadly blades of the demonic creature that once was the fair Asstan.

Oh boy. Bad news for Mildred

Suddenly, when it appeared it couldn’t get worse, the battle is joined! “Bonjour! It is moi, Jean-Louis! I am zee returned undead collecteeble!” cried Zombie Jean-Louis, back to slay those who once were his master.

Sacre bleu! Je suis kicking your ass!

The skeletons crash through the graveyard fence and clash with the Queen’s bodyguards. Blood and bones fly!

Oh the humanity! I can't watch!

Meanwhile, as the Queen’s rearguard had finished off the cleaning staff, they foolishly turned their attention to the graveyard... And unbeknownst to them, the Wizard has sprung a terrible trap! A second squad of zombie hordelings closed in on the group!

It's a TRA-A-AP!

The men fight bravely, but are pushed back against the ruined church. They begin to ascend the flimsy MegaBloks stairs. One by one, the brave Queen’s heroes fall!

Despite some awesome rolling, our heroes are being overwhelmed!

Could this possibly get worse for the Queen? Oh, no! What unspeakable horrors stir within the walls of the ruined catacombs?

Dude, could this get even eviller?

Zombie Asstan squares off against his brother, chesty Jake. Jake looks him squarely in his undead eyes and snarls “You were always a fool! You would never have made a good King! I may be semi-boneriffic, but I am 10 times the lego minifig that you were!” And Asstan unceremoniously hacks off his head. The remaining Queensguard flee up the stairs.

Preparing for their last stand?

Suddenly a massive peal of thunder rips across the battlefield, followed by a sickening shockwave of pure terror, causing a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. The combatants fall silent. Something awful has happened. Some great mishap in the Wizard’s magic has torn a great rend in space and time itself and a horrible, gaping portal to another world has opened just behind the zombies!

Um. This can't be good

No, no, NOOOO! A horde of unclean warriors spills across the portal to blemish the battlefield. Their very presence sends chills down the spine of each and every LEGO warrior. Even the wizard raises and eyebrow in concern. “I’m not sure the forum readers are going to appreciate this” he mumbles to himself, quickly thumbing through his spell book for a canticle of banishment, but knowing full well that his magic may likely be useless in the face of such raw evil. The MegaBloks Warriors have somehow been summoned to do battle, and blood must be shed!

The forces of evil square off against. Er. The forces of other evil

In unison, as if operating under the same brain, the LEGO warriors turn to face the new foe. Jean Louis leaps to the front “You are zee evil! You are not zee welcome in zis battle, eh? I shall be killing you now!” He promptly rolls a one, and is then stomped by the mounted MegaBloks warrior at the head of the horde.

N-n-nasty!

But wait? What’s this? What new evil has arrived, but this time to save the day? The mummy bursts forth from his sepulcher, kicks open the doors of the ruined church, and informs the MegaBlok warriors that their time is up, the goose is cooked, and that it’s high time their maker be met.

Yes, Jean Louis is dead. That's his head bouncing off his shoulders as it tumbles to the ground in this shot

The mummy comes out swinging, and several 6s later, has completely and improbably undone the MegaBlok warrior chieftan, sending both it and its horse to their great reward. To heap insult upon injury (fatality, to be specific) the mummy heroically hefts the corpse and wades into the megablok minions, swinging their one-time-champion this way and that, inflicting grievous harm upon the pack.

Crack! Layin' down the Smack!
BAM! Can this guy do NOTHING but roll 6s?!?

Aghast, the megabloks fall back to the ruined village wall.

Foolish MegaBloks! You are not wanted here!

Dismayed and their morale broken, they plead for mercy. Zombie Asstan shows them the only mercy he knows.

The captain of the MegaBlocks is served his just desserts for daring to rear his ugly, cheap-ass head on the battlefield

The Queen’s heroes, reinvigorated by the site of so much zombie and mega bloks death, charge into battle, finishing off an entire squad of skeletons with glee. Even the Queen has been bitten by the God of War, picking up a shovel and getting busy.

Go gettem boys!

Oh Snap! The mummy is not having any talk of a comeback here, and informs the Queen of this with a sharp blow to, well, her entire body. The Queen is slain!

gross

The remaining forces of the Queen attempt to flee, but as all you forum readers know, that is simply not possible in Brikwars. The undead forces of Zombie Asstan fall upon them with rabid fury, and feast upon them like oleophilic bacteria on so many petroleum products.

It's all over but I don't have a fat lady for to sing

The great Wizard is pleased. He surveys the horrors below.

The aftermath
All hail Zombie Asstan!

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:47 am

One of the most entertaining reports I've ever read, really. Jean-Louis the collectible is just too funny.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:06 am

I am very surprised as you built some stuff with megabloks that actually looks decent, I had thought it non-possible.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:09 am

You do have a way with the Lulz, very enjoyable. :D

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:14 am

piltogg wrote:I am very surprised as you built some stuff with megabloks that actually looks decent, I had thought it non-possible.
it looks falling apart like megablocks would. which adds to effect that it is ruins.
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:34 am

This is really well done. Great battle.

And yeah... is is just me, or does evil just waft off this picture?

she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:13 pm

I envy you the Mega-bloks, it would be very handy in forum battles.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:35 pm

Amazing battle once again. i love the clown.

brooms are deadly. once, in lego lunch, i had a pizzeria defender kill 4 guys with one. the first one he killed had his head pulped. the last was nothing but a pair of hands at the end of P.D's Tri-critical-success induced pummeling.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:45 pm

Awesome as always. In fact, the megabloks give these fights a unique taste.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:01 pm

EEEeeviiilll!
Nice battle, good photos, good report, good blood-shed! Nice work dude!

pancakeonions
Champion
Champion

Post by pancakeonions » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:13 pm

Merci buckets, all, for those kind words. We had fun battling this one out, zut alors.

And here I was expecting a fight, what with all these Mega Bloks. There really ain't no comparing Legos and MB, but given that they cost about 10% of what Legos do (on ebay anyway), and in a lot of ways, look really really cool, I'm growing kinda fond of them. I got a whole castle-type dealio of 'em for 10$... For that price, what's not to like? I mean, except the minifigs. Those MB minifigs really are teh suck.

For more realistic play, we made a special rule, that whenever a MB minifig rolls anything but a "one", it immediately becomes a "one". When a MB minifig makes an attack against Jean Louis zee collecteeble minifig, you may add 5 to any roll result.

It made for, we thought, very balanced and fair play. Maybe I'll start my own AFOMB group. Hmm. Maybe not.

Sibley
Battlefield General

Post by Sibley » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:52 pm

Regardless of their quality, the Megablok castle walls just look cool. Almost like Warhammer terrain pieces.

This looked like a fun battle to fight. The photo of the clown opening the mummy's sarcophagus is priceless.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:16 am

I liked this, even baseplateless.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:25 pm

Snicker snack! went the sound of his vorpal broom and he cut deep...
This is what made the report for me.

On a side note, in Assassin's Creed II, you could sneak up on guards and kill them with a broom... the sneak attack kill sequence shows three (sometimes two I think) hits and they're dead, so in theory you can kill a person in medieval armour with three hits from a broom. The broom is Brikwars incarnate.

As for the report, it was amazing as always. I think pancakesandonions should be the mod for Reports From the Field. Or just be recognised as awesome. I bow down to you and your effective use of Mega Bloks.

Jean-Louis the collectible was my favourite character for sure, shame he was killed by something 3712903278% lesser.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Lt. Krus
Dimmy

Post by Lt. Krus » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:33 pm

You know, you are the only person I know, or even HEARD of, who could make megaluck look good. Wow.