Crisis Reports: the kidnapping! (part 1 of 2)

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

should the second security be fired?

yes
80%
no
20%

Total votes: 5

Skyian Leader
Minifig

Crisis Reports: the kidnapping! (part 1 of 2)

Post by Skyian Leader » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:00 pm

^the general set up. Here is the peacefull resort where the diplomats go to chill. as you can see, some of them are relaxing in the pool, while another is talking on the phone. there is the building where they stay, and there is 2 security guards guarding the place. there is non lego terrain to make the forest look like a forest.

Skyian Leader
Minifig

Post by Skyian Leader » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:22 pm

^ a media bot. I made him to make it seem like the battle would be taken from his view point, but completely forgot about him.

^ the mercinarys and there robotic minions! they have been having a lean year, and have decided to kidnap some diplomats and demand ransom money.

^ some droids deploy, the mercinary move out!

^ the diplomats at the embasy injoy the pool in there togas, and the guards are non the wizer.

^the attackers swing there craft around and get ready to break into the clearing.

^ suprise attack!

^ one guard is stabed to death by the mercinary flyimg off this attack craft.

^ the diplomats scramble to the building, but one manages to trip on his toga.

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:05 pm

Nice use of Heroscape for the field. I've been wanting to try that myself.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

Skyian Leader
Minifig

Post by Skyian Leader » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:51 pm

He tripped. lol the merc retrieves the other gun.

The Second guard in the tower sees this happen, and fires on the Merc. he crit fails, but then realizes the gun is out of ammo. He puts in the power-cell to the gun.

A uncreative drop pod streaks toward the field! Whats inside it? Help?

Oh no! It is the rest of the Merc forces, deepstriking into play. (how did they all fit in the d. pod :mystery: )

the merc holds the Diplomat as a human shield, and the Guard can't get off a shot. what will he do with there first prisoner?

Meanwhile, from the other side of the battlefield, droids march through the trees, and the rest of the droids deploy

The Mercs start shooting the guard.

The guard dropped the weapon in fright, and ran inside!

Meanwhile, the other diplomats that escaped are inside. The one realizes that his phone is not registering signal. They must be being jammed!

The merc throws the diplomat into the droid ship, and calls the pilot up to 'secure the package'. the droid complies, and carries something in its hand...

Meanwhile, the guard uses the notion of implied doors to rush inside. The diplomats are still shocked below that this is happening.

after instructing the droid, the merc leaves.Then the panicked diplomat saw his chance to escape, but he underestimated the droid and its weapon. Don't taze me bro!

After receiving the shock, the diplomat falls down, unconscious.

The guard had grabbed a automatic, rushed to the window, and saw the advancing droids. The guard quickly preformed a spray and pray on the close formation of droids, expecting huge results...

...and fails to hit with EVERY SINGLE SHOT! :evil: In fact, the heat generated was enough that it melted the barrel off! (why all the critical fails!?! Why!!!)

The Mercenary use the cover of the forest to get ready to break into the building.

The Guard, undaunted, uses implied stairs to run to the top floor, and picks up the hidden mini-gun.

Everything under the green target is hit with a shot from the mini-gun!

Gah! what is up with my rolling!!! once again, i miss with half my shots, and fail to kill with the other shots. Also, I critical failed 3 shots, and the roll to see what the fail is is a 5! mini-gun is jammed! RAAAAAGGGEEEEEE!!! :fu:

This guard is sucking on his dice rolls big time! I say, if he lives through this, he should be fired, what about you?

Skyian Leader
Minifig

Post by Skyian Leader » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:22 pm

the merc's prepare to storm the building!

The dual wielder goes to kick down the door.

The diplomats, hearing the rustling outside, fear that the rustling is mercenaries, and quickly call upon Implied stairs to escape upwards.

The door broke, and the mercenaries break in!

Meanwhile, the droids decided that they didn't like that there armor was being chipped and scratched by bullets. Angered, the droids fire upon the guard. U finally pass some rolls, and the guard survives. the minigun was hit, however...

The merc's realize that there is no-one on the first floor, but look up, and see there prize. 2 mercs prepare to invoke the laws of implied stairs to do there bidding, while the third gets ready to provide suppressing fire if needed.\

it turns out that the shot had unjammed the minigun! Yay! the guard concentrates the fire on the first squad, and causes plenty of hits, but AGAIN suffer crap rolls on to wound. WHY!?!

Also, during the last round of shooting, the weapon had jammed again! ( i suspect sabotage!) And the droids are still pissed off, if you can't tell.

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!! I rolled a 1 to unjam a weapon, and it broke (I have a 2+ roll be a unjam, a 1 is a break). Well this sucks!!!

But whats this? the guard picks up a grenade, and lobs it over to the droids.

Perfect! I finally roll some critical successes, and it lands right in the mix of the droids! :twisted: :D :lol:

Yes! massive blast radius of 9"! critical successes for the win! my luck is starting to change!

FML!!! yes, this was the blast damage roll... :fu:

I use the rule of fudge to explain what happened. The boxes were mislabeled, and the grenade he picked up was really just a harmless smoke/ signal grenade.

One of the diplomats hurries upstairs to see how the fight was going. the guard is hunkering down behind the wall, and the droids are seemingly unaffected by the grenade.

And now the mercs have stormed the upper room, capturing 2 more of the diplomats! :(

Guard, you are going to be fired!

Skyian Leader
Minifig

Post by Skyian Leader » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:14 pm

The one merc with the rifle goes to knock out the one diplomat with his rifle butt.

*gasp*

oops, that's not good...

-uhh, sir, what do we do?
-I don't know! Figure it out!
-err, okay sir.

hmm, lets see if this works...

*squelch!*

Huzza! hooray for complicated brain/spinal cord/ head in general surgery during battle!

The prisoners now are sent down stairs, and the third merc is tasked on getting them back to the carrier thingy. the other 2 prepare to storm the upstairs

The diplomat desperately tries to get the radio to work, but it doesn't.

the guard pulls out a high powered handheld radio, and it should get through the jamming.

"hey, diplomat! catch this and use it to call for help!"

*throws*

*sails through the air* the diplomat doesn't catch the radio.

flies off the side of the tower, *splash!* *glug glug glug*

Both together: "we're so FUCKED!!!"

Guard: "well, it was nice knowing you, but i have to go. I'll take the life raft, and find some help, you stay here, and don't die! see-yeah!

Dives off the tower, life raft in hand.

As he is falling, the cord is pulled, and out comes the inflating life raft.

The raft fully inflated.

he hits the boat and cracks it in half!

the guard climes into one of the halfs

the other section starts to fill with water and sink.

the other side has sunken as he has climed into the remainder of the raft.

he starts to drift away

meanwhile, the merc's capture the last prisoner

one of the merc's noticed the half of a boat, and started to fire at it. he wasn't very successful.

the prisoners are marched to the transport.

he is forgotten for the entire game. we just say that he was the source of interference, and is also sending a ransom video to Skyian officials on what happened, and demanding $ to release the hostages.

the merc's point of view from the tower.

END OF GAME:
SKYIAN DEFEAT
MERCENARY'S ACQUIRED 4/4 OBJECTIVES, NO CASUALTIES

man, this was a weird battle... my dice seemed to just hate shooting, but love armor and terrain bonuses.

responses below! what did you guys think. a smaller battle sure, but still intense.[/url]