The birth of Red Clay and the Battle of Armageddon.

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:00 am

This! Is! Funny!
Now that you've all stopped groaning, Excellent job on the battle and amusing play by play commentary. The mysteriousness of Matt got stale after a few paragraphs, but even now I am mystified by his actions. Or was that mortified. Can't seem to remember...
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

Silent Mobius
Nice Dubs

Post by Silent Mobius » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:47 am

Not that you should but I think you should switch where you host your image files. For one reason now anyone on the web with no brains may use your photos as their own. Second some people (such as I ) have site blockers which wont let you see photos from sites like tinypic and photobucket.

(That means I can't see your pictures which is half the write-up)

I would suggest

www.imagecave.com

as an alternative because you get 10mb of bandwith, a free account such as photobucket and as a bonus it is private so no one except you can acess the pictures. (Although some may know ways around that you still have more security.)
Get that corn outta my face!

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:54 am

That was great. Miniguns, vikings and slaughter. Maybe some crazy Heroic Feats would have made it even better, I dunno. Thanks to this, now I'll HAVE to make write-up of our game. Luckily we don't have even armies yet, so I'll have time.

I must admit, it was a shame that Dimmys were only magic-users and they didn't get killed before the Armageddon. I would have liked to see some Dimmy-killing.
Elämän tie läpi varjojen vie.
~Terapia
<><

Sir Lancelot
Hero

Post by Sir Lancelot » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:09 pm

Wow what a battle. Only problem is now that the world is gone, where will you play brikwars?

Other than that minor detail it was an excellent battle.

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:00 pm

Like I said, the later battles will be set in an alternate universe. Also, glad you all seem to like it. Now all I need Rayhawk to do is update Livejournal, and have this go on the front page :D Right Mike? 8) Lol.
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

EvilTobbacconist
Hero

Post by EvilTobbacconist » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:40 am

Hey, King of Brix, maybe you could consider an ongoing campaign using my Campaign Idea. It would be cool to see something I came up with to be put into action :)
If your gonna walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:19 pm

I was actually thinking about a mercenary campaign last night, but I decided I didn't have enough spare time on my hands to build all the areas and such. But glad too see you all like it and... Hey! It made the news! :D
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:38 am

King of Brix, you said your first battle report might be in parts
King of Brix wrote:My first battle report will be posted after me and Dan can go over to eachothers houses and actually play one. it may be long, it may be divided into parts, we don't know yet. We'll figure it out.
, if you had to, how would you split up this report into parts
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:47 pm

I honestly don't know... We thought it would end up being a lot longer than this.

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:36 pm

Due to reality sucking, stuff happened and we were unable to start our battle report. There was no enthusiasm cuz we were busy complaining about how stuff turned out, therefore instead of offering you something that would disgrace the brikwars homepage due to lack of blood, explosions, length and fun, we've decided to apologise and make a better one once stuff sorts itself out. I swear, it's Canada. This stuff only happens to us :twisted: It's cuz we're cold, isn't it??!?!!?

picklesniffer
Champion
Champion

Post by picklesniffer » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:13 am

I liked it.

I think I might start doing some of my battle reports.
I've got an awesome camera and an excellent tripod.

Only thing is I don't know where I would post the pictures...
Destruction is bliss.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:32 am

brickshelf generaly works well but no text so you need to add in captions on ms paint or something

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:43 pm

harvest cheddar sun chips = win

Very awesome battle, Red Clay. Next time there is a surprise ending, don't include spoilers in the title!
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:11 pm

Ah... I'll keep that in mind, Benny. And yes, that bag of sunchips was gone in record time.

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Picklesniffer, as piltogg said, Brickshelf is propably the easiest place for pictures. But I suggest making a page on Freewebs, Geocities or something to add captions and the write-up itself. I'm planning on making a site in Geocities for my own write-up which should be on web next week.

And for food with BrikWars, when we played last weekend, our big stack of gingersnaps ran out quickly, and so did our 1,5 liter bottle of Coke. Chips would be great, but they don't fit too well with LEGOs.

Chips + LEGOs = big stack of filthy LEGOs
Elämän tie läpi varjojen vie.
~Terapia
<><