Strike force!

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

EdenBirch
Demi-God of BrikWars

Strike force!

Post by EdenBirch » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:06 am

The clone command post is attacked by a covert strike force of mandalorians, who are armed to the teeth with heavy weapons and have fast vehicles to strike hard and fast at the enemy's heart. This time they take the battle to the enemy, striking the clones when the least expect it.

The strike force, made of the vulture gunship, three jetbikes, and a vulture droid.

The clone force, made of lots of clones, three bikes, and the grounded command ship.

although it looks imbalanced in favor of the clones, there are several turns before the clones will be able to strike back- the surprise attack will hopefully damage them too much beforehand

the mandalorians all move forward

the jetbikes are out of range, but the vulture droid and the gunship both fire lasers at the closest clones.

both hit, obliterating the clones

as no other mandalorians are in range, the clones take their turn

all the clones rush to the armory, and the pilots try to scramble their ship.

the pilot attempts to slide down the assault ramp to the cockpit, succeeding on a roll of six

everyone has run to get armed, but no one has been able to shoot this turn

mandalorians turn. the dropship moves into position, revealing its deadly cargo; mandalorian heavy weapon squad!

the jetbikes and vulture droid move in for the kill

the jetbikes open up with their blaster cannons.

two hits, one kill.

the vulture droid fires on the clone commander, blowing him to pieces

a jet trooper dives off the troop bench and lands in the base. he’ll be able to shoot next turn.

the heavy weapons team take some high powered shots at the clones. again, two hits, one kill.

the vulture gunship tries to disable the clone dropship by firing missiles at it. both miss!

clones turn. most clones have reached the armory and a few can fire

a barrage of blasters fire. three are aimed at the jetbikes and two at the jet trooper. one hits a jetbike and knocks off a brick. No one hits the jet trooper.

the clone jetbikes are scrambled, the pilots leaping over each to get to theirs.

the copliot of the dropship attempts to swing into the cockpit. he fails on a roll of 1, smashing into the reinforced plexiglass. The second pilot turns on the power in the ship, and the gunners in the midsection rotate the turbolaser to prepare to fire next turn.

mandalorian turn. the vulture dropship lands and unloads the team of heavy weapons.

and on the other side.

the vulture droid slows and lands in front of the clones.

the jetbikes circle

the jet trooper flies to the clone dropship and attempts to plant some explosives on the wing joint. he’ll roll next turn to wire it properly.

the vulture droid fires on the clones from point blank range (+1). one laser hits, the other misses, however the lance of energy fails to damage the clone’s armor.

the jetbikes fire on the clones. no hits.

the dropship opens fire with its rear blaster cannons. snake eyes! no hits.

it then fires its plasma lance on the rear turret of the clone dropship. the hit deals six blocks of damage to the turret, destroying it.

clones turn.

the rest of the clones gather their weapons.

The orange jet clones attempt to fly and land on the vulture droid to bring it down. All pass a skill check bar one, who overshoots, landing on the communications array.

the remaining three white clones fire their rifles at the jetbikes. Success! 3 blocks of damage on one, 6 on the other, and two are destroyed. Their pilots survive.

The clone pilot, embarrased by his attempt at greatness, clambers into the seat. The hatches close and the power turns on fully.

the gunners of the clone dropship, seeing the failure in the rear turret, turn on both the ion cannon and the rear blaster cannons, rotating them to the enemy dropship. The rotating ion cannon smashes the mandalorian saboteur from the hull!

Both weapons open fire on the dropship. at point blank range at a stationary, large target, missing is a very low chance.

But the second gunner rolls a one and the blaster cannon misses! The ion cannon, however, deals 12 bricks of damage to the right side of the dropship.

Engine obliterated. next turn the dropship will crash.

more to come soon.
Brick by brick we made ourselves whole again.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:43 am

You need to put some of these vehicles up on the Armory, they really are fantastic.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:02 pm

Theblackdog wrote:You need to put some of these vehicles up on the Armory, they really are fantastic.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

heavyfishcannon
Minifig

Post by heavyfishcannon » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Awesome first post! But... Could you make the Pics bigger?
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:41 pm

Seems like Imageshack doesn't support deeplinking, at least as far as I can tell. That's why I use brickshelf.

Predator
Dimmy

Post by Predator » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:24 pm

heavyfishcannon wrote:Awesome first post! But... Could you make the Pics bigger?
:godwin:
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)
Get Him!!!! :fist:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.