Modern Warfare "back to Brikwars" skirmish

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Toastacular
Warrior King

Modern Warfare "back to Brikwars" skirmish

Post by Toastacular » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Haven't touched my collection of Laygoes for a few years, so what better way to make a comeback than a good ole fashioned game of Brikwars?

A couple hours of rabid Lego box mining later and the scene was set, silently awaiting the horrid carnage of ABS destruction to bless this field of combat.

My brother-in-law will be filling in as the evil D-bags waaaaaay in the back who have taken a hostage and rigged a low grade nuclear weapon to detonate in 30 MINUTES. It is the job of my minifigs or "Delta Team" to deactivate the nuke and save the hostage in the process. Or just blow the entire enemy team into kibbles and bits instead.

Turn 1: Delta Team rushes forward, the SAW gunner taking the left flank while the TALON operator takes cover and activates the robot

Turn 2: Mercenaries take up defensive positions. The Pyro loads his RPG

Turn 3: Both assault men take position behind the rafters, while the TALON remote assault vehicle crawls forward into firing range of it's mounted M249 SAW

Turn 4: A Merc pops off several shots towards the TALON from behind cover but it's armor proved to be too thick.

The Pyro takes aim at the stacked rafters. PFWOOOOOOOT The rocket screamed forward haphazardly before smashing into the barricade exploding into a ground shaking fireball

20 MINUTES REMAIN

Turn 5: The Talon acquires it's target behind the tires, letting out a clacking burst of gunfire. The Merc dives behind cover narrowly dodging the barrage of fire.

Delta's SAW gunner stacks up behind some crates and unleashes hell in the form of full auto fire.

"Oh shi..."

His body armor shredded like tissue paper as his insides were punctured like water balloons filled with mashed potatoes, leaving a goopy internal mess.

Meanwhile Delta's Team Leader rushes to the left flank behind the TALON drone

Turn 6: Desperate to press back the assault, The mercenaries resort to high grade explosives. Their leader grabs a detonation remote and flips a switch.

*Beep*

FABOOOOOOOOOM
Searing hot shrapnel and debris blasted in every direction while a firestorm burned where the claymore had once been. The force had tossed the TALON robot into the air then smashed it down like a crushed soda can. Delta's Team Leader laid face down in a pool of blood. Delta - 1 Mercs - 2

10 MINUTES REMAIN

Taking advantage of the mass confusion, the mercs advance forward.

The Pyro cocks his pump action and fires, clipping a Delta trooper, and knocking him to the floor

Turn 7: The wounded trooper pulls his side arm, aims, and.....BANG....

AWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEAAAH Critical Hit!

(Yes I know that whole shootout bends the rules a bit, but we both agreed on a suitable solution. When the Pyro shot the Delta soldier he rolled a 4, one point shy of killing my man who had 5 armor. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and said that hit at least imobilized me but I can still attack. What we didn't expect was an epic critical roll with a pistol so he allowed the kill as long as my trooper died of his wounds immediately after. So there you go, Rule of Fudge, don't bitch.)

Delta's TALON operator with nothing left to "operate" pulls his knife cause it's time for melee kids.

The SAW gunner lights up the oncoming Mercenary Rambo style.

Turn 8: The last remaining Merc grabs the hostage to use as a human shield

Turn 9: Delta advances

5 MINUTES REMAINING

Turn 10: The Merc takes a shot and misses while he frantically yells "I'LL KILL HIM MAN, DON'T MAKE ME DO IT!"

Turn 11: The operator reaches back then flings his knife forward

"We don't negotiate with terrorists"

Turn 12: And he promptly catches a bullet between the eyes

Turn 13: The SAW gunner rounds the corner and delivers a swift 3 round burst to the head

TIME REMAINING 3

That's all folks! I'll catch ya later with a proper game or something - Toastacular
"That's damn good toast"

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Re: Modern Warfare "back to Brikwars" skirmish

Post by Zupponn » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:24 pm

That battle was toastacular!

Xenoman
Nice Dubs

Post by Xenoman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:38 pm

Sounds like it was a short game, but awesome. Time limits are something new that I've seen, I might need to consider a scenario like that sometime.

Great report, Toast, looking forward to more! :guinness:

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:02 pm

freaking sweet mate,nice job coming back with a BANG, and awesome first post.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:20 pm

:<3:

The pics were great. I lol'd when the hostage died.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:30 am

Awesome pictures, lovely equipment (Talon and claymore/C4/explosive) and minifigs. One small but example Brikwar. Nice job dude 8)

Toastacular
Warrior King

Post by Toastacular » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks all!
"That's damn good toast"

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:44 am

It was really intense! I really enjoyed reading the report. Great use of lego heads on those guys!
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:49 am

BETTER THAN THE GAMES.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.