Xenkan Incursion-Chapter 4: Battle of gener IV-III

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Killer Karetsu, Zupponn

Xenkan Incursion-Chapter 4: Battle of gener IV-III

Postby dilanski » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:00 pm

After 6 months I can now present the next chapter in the Xenkan incursion, TBH I never realised it was so long since I posted my last battle, but finally I can present what is probably the better than Chapter's 1,2 & 3 combined. speaking of chapter 3, anyone paying attention may realize I never posted it, for a variety of reasons, mostly because I've lost it's SD card. The photo's were taken using a new camera, unfortunately it's of the opinion it knows better than me when it comes to shooting modes and I can't figure it out, so sorry for the odd blurry picture and the gap in turn 5, but the pictures that count I persevered on like Bonn-o-Tron.

Code: Select all
it has been months since xenkan fleets were drove back to chaos space, and since then not a single trace of activity was picked up by listening posts on the fringe's of praetorian space, the empire thought the threat was gone, that they'd broke them. They were wrong. Without notice a fleet of ships came from the chaos space and dug deep into praetorian space, local defenses were brushed aside as they headed towards the industrial system Hollus. Hollus was home to three populated colonies, Twin-Planet's Icarus & Daedalus and the moon gener IV-III, all of which were industrial worlds, producing a large amount of miltrary grade equipment primarily ordnance and plasma technology, such a loss wouldn't cripple the praetorian empire, but would cause shortages in many weapons. The Xenkan fleet destroyed the orbiting defenses, leaving the systems fate in the hands of the defenders on the ground

*Priority Message-Authentication Stamp: C2274 Captain Nimroy>Ground Station Gamma*
Message Start: The fleets gone, were down to the Arrow of Desire, and Spear 'O' Clouds Unfold. Were hitting their battleships, but our weapons are having no effect............Fire control to the bridge!........Increase laser gain....I'm sorry, we can't do no more......All hands abandon ship............:Message End

OK, lets get started

Here is the board set-up, taking place just outside of the colony on gener (named after the Catalan word word for January). The battle was originally going to be My two brothers against each other, however at turn 2 I took over the Xenkans. This is just a classic fight to the death, winner takes all scenario, for maximum carnage. Both teams would roll a d4 from their 2nd turn onward until they rolled a 4, at which point they'd receive reinforcements, for the xenkans this would be 5 jump troops landing anywhere on the board (no scatter) and for the praetorians this would be a Bismuth-Class starfighter.

Praetorian Forces
1 Generic space hero
1 Bismuth-Class Starfighter (reinforcement)
3 Territorial Marine W/Snipers
3 Territorial Marine W/MGL's
9 Territorial Marine
3 Advance Guard W/Snipers
2 Advance Guard W/Plasma Shotguns

Xenkan Forces
1 Hero
1 & Only Dreddy
5 Drop Troops (reinforcement)
20 Warriors
2 Warriors W/Shotgun & Shield
1 Warrior W/Mk2 AG
1 Warrior W/Mortar

Dreddy's been re-assembled since chapter 2 and has been pimp'd with extra Mk2 missiles for added carnage. The praetorians won first turn.

Praetorian Turn 1

Snipers opened fire from the half wrecked pill box, but only managed to kill one. More shots are fired from the line of marines on the ground slaying three more

Xenkan Turn 1

Xenkan forces move up and dreddy fires up his hell-screamer autocannons, a battery of 4 BA AG's they're powerful with dreddy's high skill level but can't be re-loaded during battle

4 are killed and the barricade reduced to rubble, but two of the guns jam. At this point a xenkan carrying a portable mortar fires it towards the praetorian generic space hero.

"You'll take the mortar to the face and you'll f****** like it!"

The generic space hero is thrown prone and the unlucky marine suffers a terminal case of death.

Praetorian Turn 2[b]

Reinforcements don't show up yet.

The Praetorians form a firing line and a Plasma Shotgun wielding Advance Guardsman flanks around the side.

He squeezes the trigger and a blast of searing hot plasma is released from the barrel, 3 are killed outright from it and a 4th is set on fire, Dreddy doesn't take any damage other than a bit of paint peeling. at this point Praetorians fire on Dreddy, reducing him down a point of damage. another Xenkan was killed by heavy combined fire.

[b]Xenkan Turn 2

Xenkans surge forward and fire on a sniper killing him. Dreddy goes to fire his Mk2's

Unfortunately (or fortunately) both fail and explode reducing dreddy another point (odds of rolling two 1's on a d20?), as normal dreddy enjoy's this kind of thing. The mortar trooper once again fired but missed

Praetorians Turn 3

Praetorian reinforcements still don't arrive. The Praetorians move in-advisably towards the OTC's. the Advance Guard with the plasma shotgun isn't pleased with the carnage he's caused so far, so opens up point blank on a xenkan warrior.

With pleasingly messy results, the near indestructible OTC was the only thing above his waist to not be disintegrated.

Karma's a bitch though and he's hit by response fire from the machine gunner, but then him and another xenkan are killed by snipers on the pillbox and more combined fire.

Dreddy absorbs more attacks from the praetorians, but that Deranged-Bloodthirsty-Psychotic-Necrotic-Bastard-Mech isn't going down without a little more fun. The Generic Space Hero applies bullets to the face of a Xenkan, but his armour manages to take it.

Xenkan Turn 3

No reinforcement yet

Xenkans finally get into OTC range....3...2..1.CARNAGE

4 are mauled by a flurry of OTC strikes, Dreddy not to be upstaged kills two with the Hell-Screamer jamming one of the guns.

A momentary ceasefire was instated for curry based reasons.......Murder & Hilarity now resumes

The Mortar fires and once again misses it's target. The Xenkan hero now tries a heroic feat, to abandon his jet pack and land on the enemy hero and OTC him IN DA FACE.

Too much curry obviously. He suffers brain trauma and now has to roll a dice every turn to see if he spends the rest of it break-spasming. More Xenkans open fire and all predictably missed.

Praetorian Turn 4

"This is Zulu-4 to control we're entering the combat zone"

The Praetorian support finally arrives. Praetorian Rifle fire rings out at the enemy, but with them literally hacking into their line, they don't combine fire, hoping to kill more, but only a sniper and their hero took down their targets. The Bismuth-Class fires a Mk5 Thermobaric rocket towards the xenkan making up the rear.

all of them are killed and sucked into the epicenter by the partial Vaccum created. A Mk2 is then fired at Dreddy but bounces off his hull and into a group of unsuspecting ground troops.

killing one Xenkan and two Praetorians.

Xenkan Turn 4

Still no reinforcements. Xenkans move to push their attack and their hero passes the bunt trauma test and moves in, dreddy brings his last autocannon to bear on the starfighter

He manages two hits before it jams and deals no damage of any consequence. Warriors begin attacking the isolated Generic Space Hero

Seeing the imminent fate of the hero, a marine ran forward onto the wing of the wreck craft, knocking the hero out of harms way and accepting the brunt of the attack. A Warrior underneath Dreddy, inspired by the sounds of heavy machine gun fire happening a meter from his head decides to liberally apply OTC to the MoFo in front of him.

This was super effective. Inspired by the awesomeness occurring further down the board another Xenkan defies all the odds and actually manages to shoot someone to death.

Praetorian Turn 5

Two Praetorians fire on the warrior under dreddy, both hit but fail to kill. the last surviving advance guardsman on the pillbox misses a shot on the xenkan hero. The bismuth fires a mk 2 towards the other end of the board, two Xenkans are killed but the hero's tank the damage. the bismuth then fires a mk2 at dreddy, hitting him but Dreddy's made of tougher stuff and survives.

Xenkan Turn 5

Drop troops finally arrived landing two on the fighter, one on the pillbox, and two on the ground.

The Generic Space Hero is slain, no troops were close enough to red-shirt.

The Praetorians were reduced to a single advance guardsman on the ground.

A Drop Troop smashed the cockpit in exposing the fleshy operators of the infernal contraption.

Praetorian Turn 6

The pilot hits the accelerator, banking the fighter, the Xenkan on the wing falls to his demise and the other clings on for dear life.

Seeing an opportunity the guardsman pushes the Xenkan aside and aims but misses, his shot hitting the metallic hull of the fighter.

Xenkan Turn 6

The Drop Troop swipes the gunner, killing him with a nudge from the OTC the body falls to the floor. The Other drop troop on the roof hits the Sniper but fails to do any damage,

Praetorian Turn 7

The Pilot levels out the craft and returns to hover mode, he holds it steady to give the sniper as good a shot as possible, Unfortunately it wasn't enough and the high velocity round fails to pierce the armour.

Xenkan Turn 8

Finally the sniper is killed, leaving just the pilot left. the rest of the cockpit is smashed and the Xenkan climbs up ready for his final strike.

Praetorian Last Turn

Even while hearing the OTC behind him revving up the pilot makes one last act of desperation, firing off the last Mk5, it veers off a bit but still lands close, killing two Xenkans, the bodies of those alive and dead are pulled towards the blasts center.

Xenkan Last Turn

The pilot was decapitated with one swift OTC blow to the head, the Valiant Xenkan warrior takes his ring side seat for the carnage about to unfold.....

The Turn After The Last Turn

The fighter heads straight down, knocking over the pillbox with it's wing and hitting Dreddy in the back, garbled obscenities can be heard coming from his synthesizer. the left wing is sheared off before it comes to an abrupt halt.

Xenkan Victory

The system was lost to the xenkans, within hours of this emergency plans were put into effect, the following was sent to all immortal allied commanders in praetorian space:
"As of this time we're no longer able to guarantee the safety of allied troops and resources in praetorian space, plans are being put into place to move all troops back to staging posts in Nehellenium, other resources will follow"

That's it for now, I hope to take less than half a year to post another battle, but we'll have to see.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Re: Xenkan Incursion-Chapter 4: Battle of gener IV-III

Postby BFenix » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:19 pm

The Xenkan drop troop taking down the Praetorian craft was pure :belushi: goodness! :studgod:
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby dilanski » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Shameless plug for the next game.

A speeder car laden with a squadron of Advance Guard touches down on the edge of a settlement, just outside of Praetorian space.

And a stranger awaits them.
ImageImageImage
dilanski

Postby Cakeman » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:38 am

Ahh, looks like a good battle and it's a well done report. I read it all (that's pretty rare) and liked the two sides, coherent look and lots of carnage. The starfighter looks very good in combat. Don't wait 6 months till next battle :)
Cakeman
Minifig

Postby Brikboyz » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Amazing battle. (Six months? Wow!)
Kill the Peach, Burn the Heretic, Purge the Nega!
Spoiler: show
TROLOLO
Brikboyz
Officer

Postby dilanski » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:27 pm

Thanks for all the positive comments. Anyway this is the next part of the incursion, It wasn't a large a game and was a bit unbalanced so I'm just going to post it here rather than waste space, the report is also highly fragmented and with few pictures.

What baffled military intelligence after the Seizing of the system was how the HOES system went down. Above all praetorian worlds a system of high orbit satellites weapons, capable of dealing strategical strikes, capable of destroying anything from a tank, to a armoured regiment. During the attack control of these satellites was lost completely. Another question raised was how an isolated enemy knew about the system and how to reach it while giving as little warning as possible. It was clear that the enemy had spies working to find such information. As such Militrary Agents were sent undercover to expose these spies. Weeks after the attack an agent on the border world Vasaris sent an encoded signal requesting immediate extraction

The setup was simple, a group of 6 advance guards and the agent vs 4 Xenkans and 10 Alien mafia members (both allied). The mission was for the successful extraction of the agent.

Losses went quick for the Praetorians, the xenkan/mafia force suffered less of an issue

Pimp Daddy performed a PIMPTACULAR heroic feat of reviving his kinky Ho, the more I think about this the more
this pops into my head. Also the agent died which pretty much ruins the Advance Guardsman chances of getting extra beer rations when they get back to base.

By this point it's one guy let for the praetorians. he does well dodging machine gun fire and shot from other members of the Alien Mafia.

Ultimately the OTC's sheer power claims him.

"Zulu-78 to op's control, confirming no signs of the extraction team over"
"This is control, execute Sore-Loser Protocol OVK6 autehntication TY980P"
"Weapons hot and executing over"

Me and my friend enjoyed this the most, he was particularly happy about my willingness to destroy everything. Anyway that's all, not really a full report, but we were too busy having fun to take notes or pictures of everything. Hopefully I can get a large scale battle in soon, I have a weeks holiday to build extra stuff, so It's likely.
ImageImageImage
dilanski

Return to Reports From the Field