Project Icebox: A starcraft forum game

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Tarkaris
Hero

Project Icebox: A starcraft forum game

Post by Tarkaris » Thu May 02, 2013 7:54 pm

All in the Korprulu sector have heard of the destruction brought upon the Terran and the Protoss through the wrath of the vengeful Queen of Blades. But only a select few have heard of the events that took place when Project Icebox was compromised.

The Setting:
The game will take place in the Starcraft universe during the events of Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm. You are all on a frozen arctic planet used as a top secret Dominion lab. Some of you may be discontented terran dominion employees. Others of you may be captured rebels or alien test subjects (Including captured protoss and zerg). Your objective will be to escape the lab/planet and if possible, screw over the project and hinder the Dominion's research.

How to enter:
All you need to do is create a model (or describe/ work with me if needed) in LDD based in the Starcraft universe. You may be Terran, Protoss, or Zerg. Backstory makes the character more lively but it may be as simple as "I'm an angry security guard." Do note however that unless you have a story to back it, you must be a terran ghost/ spectre or a protoss to use pisonic abilities from the start.

Stats:
I intend for this to not be bogged down with a system but it will feel somewhat like brikwars when combat is described. Attacks and such will be rolled so as to provide random chance (Because making a tank explode with a peashooter is always awesome).

To build your stats simply choose an attribute, list 2 combat feats (not ordinary things you can do), and list 3 non-combat skills (hacking, etc)

Attribute examples:
-Physical: You hit harder, are more durable, etc.
-Mental: You are trained in many fields (improves skills)
-Psionic: You are adept at using psychic energies.

Race notes:

Terran automatically come with one extra skill
Protoss automatically can use psionics
Zerg rarely use psionics but have health regeneration.

Here is the file to sample models I"ve created in LDD for use: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ectg8z7saf7ifbs

Let me know if you have questions or wish for more explanation.

Tarkaris
Hero

Re: Project Icebox: A starcraft forum game

Post by Tarkaris » Thu May 09, 2013 7:28 pm

No takers it would seem. :(

EDIT 5/13/2013:
Plenty of viewers... But no comments or other such? We are either busy, curious, or some other thing.

PlutoniumDeath
Champion
Champion

Post by PlutoniumDeath » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:59 pm

Actually, I'm quite curious about how this would even work.
The napalm! It does nothing!

Throw as many minifigs at the enemy fortifications as you can! We have reserves you know, so don't act like a brikwussy when we inevitably lose some minifigs!

Creator of the gods awful Metal Box Marauders.

Tarkaris
Hero

Post by Tarkaris » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:54 pm

PlutoniumDeath wrote:Actually, I'm quite curious about how this would even work.
The whole nine yards or some specific aspect?

PlutoniumDeath
Champion
Champion

Post by PlutoniumDeath » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:55 pm

Tarkaris wrote:
PlutoniumDeath wrote:Actually, I'm quite curious about how this would even work.
The whole nine yards or some specific aspect?
Preferably the whole nine yards, but I've got some specific questions.

6. Would the characters be working together or would they be shooting each other?

7. What's the maximum amount of weapons that I can install on a single bionic arm?

8. Can I modify one of your models to make my character?
The napalm! It does nothing!

Throw as many minifigs at the enemy fortifications as you can! We have reserves you know, so don't act like a brikwussy when we inevitably lose some minifigs!

Creator of the gods awful Metal Box Marauders.

Tarkaris
Hero

Post by Tarkaris » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:54 am

It would work similarly to skyruler rpg when it started.

6. The premise is characters working to get out together but they could fight if they wish.
7. A decent amount but they'd have to be realistic measures. For example, I doubt you could install twenty psi-blades on such as arm. Talk with me and we'll work it.
8. Yes, Yes you can.That's part of why I posted them. :)