The Dark Armies from Deadnocide

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Re: The Dark Armies from Deadnocide

Postby Silverdream » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:40 pm

transformerj wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Looks like it has awesome potential for battle.


Heavily armed, heavily defended and heavily armored.
It's ready to handle anything thrown at it


What about a mutant with the powers of Wolverine, Magneto, Multiple Man and Nightcrawler?
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k
User avatar
Silverdream
Nice use of noise
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Sweating like a guy in a basketball manga

Re: The Dark Armies from Deadnocide

Postby loafofcheese » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:26 am

Silverdream wrote:
transformerj wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Looks like it has awesome potential for battle.


Heavily armed, heavily defended and heavily armored.
It's ready to handle anything thrown at it


What about a mutant with the powers of Wolverine, Magneto, Multiple Man and Nightcrawler?

Teleportation, functional immortality, self healing, unbreakable metal claws, telepathic control of metal, and self copying; sounds fucking indestructible.
This is the way the world ends.
This is the way the world ends.
This is the way the world ends.
Not with a bang, but with a whimper.
User avatar
loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:44 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: The Dark Armies from Deadnocide

Postby transformerj » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:37 pm

loafofcheese wrote:
Silverdream wrote:
transformerj wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Looks like it has awesome potential for battle.


Heavily armed, heavily defended and heavily armored.
It's ready to handle anything thrown at it


What about a mutant with the powers of Wolverine, Magneto, Multiple Man and Nightcrawler?

Teleportation, functional immortality, self healing, unbreakable metal claws, telepathic control of metal, and self copying; sounds fucking indestructible.


The metal claws were an addition to wolverine not part of his powers, so bone claws.
Teleportation can be blocked by the same means of blocking wormholes and gate-ships.
Functional immortality and self healing, can be used to teach effective torture methods without worrying about killing the inmate in the process.
Telepathic control of metal, ha ha ha ha, the entirety of the space station is a composite of organic, ceramic and synthetic materials.
The only metal found would be in other inmates and if that is the case said inmates would be transferred or have those parts removed and disposed of before Mutants arrival.
As for self copying, need only to encase him in a energy absorbing suit and no more dupes. Getting the suit on the right one might be a pain but doable.
That's how the cookie crumbles
User avatar
transformerj
Officer
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:34 am

Re: The Dark Armies from Deadnocide

Postby Silverdream » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:06 am

I meant Adamantium skeleton in the powerset.

transformerj wrote:Teleportation can be blocked by the same means of blocking wormholes and gate-ships.


This is what I'm confused about. Nightcrawler as I understand doesn't teleport using wormholes, he travels to another dimension briefly and then travels instantaneously to the place he determined, which goes up to 80 kilometres in distance.

Plus, good look capturing this mutant. Most of your ways of dealing with the powers involve already capturing the mutant. How are you going to capture someone who is really hard to knock out and a high pain tolerance? Also, how will your crew deal with him suicide teleporting his clones into personnel and things. Plus, Nightcrawler is great at stealth and blending into the shadows, and Magneto is a great strategist. If Magneto does have his helmet, you also can't use any psychic or mind control abilities against him.

Do the guards not have any metal weapons, or are they made of ceramic and organic materials?

Also, Nightcrawler and Wolverine have a shitload of hand to hand fighting experience and skill.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k
User avatar
Silverdream
Nice use of noise
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Sweating like a guy in a basketball manga

Re: The Dark Armies from Deadnocide

Postby transformerj » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:07 pm

Silverdream wrote:I meant Adamantium skeleton in the powerset.

transformerj wrote:Teleportation can be blocked by the same means of blocking wormholes and gate-ships.


This is what I'm confused about. Nightcrawler as I understand doesn't teleport using wormholes, he travels to another dimension briefly and then travels instantaneously to the place he determined, which goes up to 80 kilometres in distance.

Plus, good look capturing this mutant. Most of your ways of dealing with the powers involve already capturing the mutant. How are you going to capture someone who is really hard to knock out and a high pain tolerance? Also, how will your crew deal with him suicide teleporting his clones into personnel and things. Plus, Nightcrawler is great at stealth and blending into the shadows, and Magneto is a great strategist. If Magneto does have his helmet, you also can't use any psychic or mind control abilities against him.

Do the guards not have any metal weapons, or are they made of ceramic and organic materials?

Also, Nightcrawler and Wolverine have a shitload of hand to hand fighting experience and skill.


First the Gate Keeper can open portals to other dimensions and the same technology used to block it can be used to block Nightcrawler's teleportation ability.
Secondly, before reaching the Cathedral inmates have already been imprisoned for years. Thus measures for control, capture and isolation have been developed and tested thoroughly.
Thirdly, the same precautions taken with other inmates would be taken with the guards and crew.
Finally this ain't no prison for sissies. If you ain't proficient in stealth, stratagem and hand to hand combat, you ain't worth the time of the Cathedral.
User avatar
transformerj
Officer
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:34 am

Re: The Dark Armies from Deadnocide

Postby Silverdream » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:17 pm

My idea was that MagNighWolvMan wasn't a prisoner, but being "thrown at it".
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k
User avatar
Silverdream
Nice use of noise
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Sweating like a guy in a basketball manga

Re: The Dark Armies from Deadnocide

Postby transformerj » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:58 pm

Silverdream wrote:My idea was that MagNighWolvMan wasn't a prisoner, but being "thrown at it".

He would be shot to smithereens and his carcass/carcasses would float away.
User avatar
transformerj
Officer
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:34 am

Re: The Dark Armies from Deadnocide

Postby Silverdream » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:34 am

But the target is small, numerous, has shields and hard to lock on because all of them are teleporting.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k
User avatar
Silverdream
Nice use of noise
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Sweating like a guy in a basketball manga

Re: The Dark Armies from Deadnocide

Postby transformerj » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:51 pm

Silverdream wrote:But the target is small, numerous, has shields and hard to lock on because all of them are teleporting.

First off the station would detect the incoming teleportation and start jamming immediately, long before he/they threaten the integrity of the hull.
Now if he's jumping from a ship it would have to be a foreign ship, as domestic ships will self destruct before being commandeered, thus jamming would already be in effect to prevent escape.
You don't just let people know where the big bad prison is and let them leave.
Solving the lock on problem some what and the shield make it easier, locking onto the energy signature.
Then use aerial denial for dealing with the numbers.
If they get past all that firepower, the defense grid will just incinerate them before they reach the hull.
Leaving life less adamantium skeletons floating around.
User avatar
transformerj
Officer
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:34 am

Re: The Dark Armies from Deadnocide

Postby transformerj » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:56 pm

Vami IV wrote:This whole damn thread is full of win.
Requesting sticky

This makes me feel like I've accomplished something awesome whether this gets stickied or not.
User avatar
transformerj
Officer
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:34 am

Re: The Dark Armies from Deadnocide

Postby transformerj » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:47 pm

War Barge Missile variant
slow, lightly armored and lightly armed (aside from missiles)
420 Shaped Detonation missiles
420 Sub-Surface Detonation missiles
Image
Was converted from civilian shipping Barges to armed Military cargo Barges
Then someone had the idea to make the shipping containers into self contained giant missile pods.
Mostly used for scare tactics, Macross Missile Massacre style
User avatar
transformerj
Officer
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:34 am

Re: The Dark Armies from Deadnocide

Postby Silverdream » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:36 pm

Okay, I've got it. Superman and the Flash.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k
User avatar
Silverdream
Nice use of noise
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Sweating like a guy in a basketball manga

Re: The Dark Armies from Deadnocide

Postby transformerj » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:15 pm

Silverdream wrote:Okay, I've got it. Superman and the Flash.

There is no yellow star near this station or any other stars for that matter.
Thus Superman's power  continuously dwindles at a rate dependent on exertion.
The more he exerts, the faster his power dwindles.

As for the Flash, we're in space!!!!!!!!!!!!!
His power is useless even when he uses it to phase.
He needs the spacesuit so he can't phase and even if he did, energy based weapons still affect him.

So lack of star light (particularly yellow sun light), mass expenditure of energy to survive onslaught of weapons and energy based weapons.
Death before breaking through the hull.
User avatar
transformerj
Officer
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:34 am

Re: The Dark Armies from Deadnocide

Postby Silverdream » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:25 am

You serious brah? Superflash speedflies to the prison ship, presses all the buttons in the control rooms to blow the ship up within milliseconds, detonates the entire ship after disarming and taking out all of his opponents, and then Infinite Mass Punches the ship for good measure.

Unless your ship has some measure to disable speedforce.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k
User avatar
Silverdream
Nice use of noise
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Sweating like a guy in a basketball manga

Re: The Dark Armies from Deadnocide

Postby transformerj » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:08 pm

Silverdream wrote:You serious brah? Superflash speedflies to the prison ship, presses all the buttons in the control rooms to blow the ship up within milliseconds, detonates the entire ship after disarming and taking out all of his opponents, and then Infinite Mass Punches the ship for good measure.

Unless your ship has some measure to disable speedforce.


As i understand the Flash and his powers, he needs contact with a solid surface to run and use the speed force.
Otherwise he wouldn't fly into walls when tripped up or follow ballistic trajectories when leaping.
Thus he needs to be grounded to use those powers, useless until he reaches the station.

As for boy wonder's flying, I haven't found a definitive answer to how fast he can fly.
It ranges from supersonic to reversing time, one extreme is not defend-able and the other is  defended with sensor networks like the fences on surface prisons.
The sensor networks would increase the accuracy, range and effectiveness of the defense turrets.
Superflash would get hit, slow down hit again and so on so forth. Until his mass expenditure of energy to survive finally weakens him to the point he dies from injuries and exposure.
Yes the speedforce can heal him but not instantly. Against an onslaught of continuous accurate fire there is not enough time to fully recover just enough to delay the inevitable.
User avatar
transformerj
Officer
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:34 am

PreviousNext

Return to LDD Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests