For Great Justice, Part One: Tower of Justice

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Re: For Great Justice, Part One: Tower of Justice

Postby The Shadowscythe » Mon May 19, 2014 4:10 am

I think it still loads images inside the spoiler tags dude, so it will still eat your bandwidth anywho.

Pages will be a little easier to scroll through though.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon May 19, 2014 8:53 pm

All but the last two Rounds are in Spoilers now, so it'll be easier to find posts outside of the Rounds. I was going to do each player's turn within a round as a separate spoiler since I have them outlined on Page 1 but I thought, Nah, Forget It, Yo Homes, to Bel-Air. And now for some maintenance.

Maintenance A-B

Maintenance A

The Tower of Justice’s Bitter Feed has been blowing up with Beats since Master sphincter’s demise at the end of Round Eleven. The judges have been poring over the available footage in response to the social media outcry and have discovered that sphincter was unlawfully murdered in his own colored safezone.

I noted in the Presentation that players were safe from players whilst in their safezones but not from Tower Enemies. I then noted later that Headhunters were not restricted like Tower Enemies, which is where the confusion arose. In theme, they belong to the Tower, but in practice, they’re played by a Player. So, they felt like both. The bit about them not being restricted like Tower Enemies referred to their ability to move between levels and had nothing to do with safezones. To clarify, then, Headhunters will act according to player rules but with a different goal (because you’re on the tower’s side). Sorry about that. My fault entirely. If I bugger it up again and you notice it next time, let me know.

Maintenance B
They have deemed that the whole affair was still pretty awesome, so no points will change on the scoreboard. However, in the interest of more carnage, they have teleported the Master’s corpse to a Medbay and are awaiting Green Team’s decision about how to proceed.

Green Team, you now have a choice to make. Master sphincter may be resurrected by the best Mediks the Tower has to offer and can then rejoin the team on Round Sixteen or when you ascend to Level 3 (whichever comes first). You will have two heroes but you will suffer Crankiness. –OR- You may be refunded Master sphincter’s CP cost to do with what you will. Even better, the judges will allow you to spend that 11 CP right now without spending an action at a Console to make the order. You can choose to keep the CP and spend it later at a Console as normal. Your choice must be made before Round Fifteen begins or the offer will be revoked. The OverWarden broadcasts this message on all screens through a clenched jaw and a forced smile, the sound of his “apology” echoing loudly in the corridors. Even through the searing pain of being on fire, it is not difficult for Little Jack to tell that the admission costs him dearly.

Extras: Furthermore, it was announced at the beginning of Round Ten that the first team to reach their colored safezone (or really, just be the first nearest the exit to Level 3) would receive a reward in the form of a free Special Purchase Option. Technically, this was Grey Team. However, since the distance for Grey was far less significant and Green still managed the same feat that very same turn, both teams will be retroactively rewarded for their speed on this Level. Gold12 undergoes the Rite of Worth on the way to Level Three. Since Little Jack already had the foresight to make the purchase upon entering the field, Green is refunded 3CP.

Stay Tuned for Round Fifteen, coming to your screen in the next few days.
Last edited by Quantumsurfer on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby transformerj » Mon May 19, 2014 11:56 pm

does this mean i can't attack people in their safe zones
transformerj
Officer

Postby Quantumsurfer » Tue May 20, 2014 5:26 am

Yes. Kind of. I've just been having the safezone conversation out with another player. I'll probably post part of it by way of explanation in the next round or two. Essentially, I've decided that indirect actions are ok. Anything that can kill is prevented. We're all going to politely ignore the fact that the knee cap shot technically could have killed Jack because one, the main purpose of the maneuver was to slow him and two, damage potential versus armor disparity made that possibility extremely unlikely. But from now on, yeah, we'll try to make actions in safezones only indirect, non-kill actions.

Do note that your orders for this coming Round are perfectly suited to this, though.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Zupponn » Wed May 21, 2014 1:09 am

It's okay. I realize that you had to hold my awesomeness back or I would have won already. Gotta keep the game going after all.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sun May 25, 2014 5:18 am

It's Sunday people. New turn time.

The Shadowscythe

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun May 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Turn is run and captured. I'll try to get it written, uploaded, and posted today.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Silverdream » Sun May 25, 2014 4:59 pm

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun May 25, 2014 10:45 pm

A turn of extremes and some unexpected twists, let's do

Round Fifteen

Extras: Each team will earn +1 CP at the end of Round Fifteen.

Yellow Turn 15a
Firebeard turns and fires off a firebolt at the Ice Zombie. Covering a large area in flame at that distance proves to be impossible for the Pirate Lord at this stage in his development, so he settles on merely lighting the Zomb on fire.

Yellow Turn 15b
Firebeard makes good his escape as the Ice Zombie goes up in flames. Unfortunately, its elemental nature douses the flames almost immediately. Fortunately, on the other hand, the creature is vulnerable to fire and suffers twice the usual normal and grinding damage.

Extras Turn 15a
The Ice Zombie, head smoking, leaps the entire Quad in a single bound, landing atop Green’s Stasis Chamber, and prepares to board the ladder into Yellow’s Level Two Quad Zone.

Extras Turn 15b
The Orange Zombie continues to stumble along at an achingly slow pace. The Green one behind him, however, moves very quickly and almost catches him up. They’ll be a horde soon. Interestingly, the Game Controllers lower the traps for the Zombies to pass through unharmed. Meanwhile, a Green Zombie and the now headless Blue attempt to gang up on the Oni and his Demon Bear. They are not successful.

Extras Turn 15c
A Blue Zombie and the Pirate Captain’s Corpse shamble along toward the Inner Ring while the two Thug Zombies join a Blue in making a horde. The new horde moves into the Inner Ring and Turns toward Yellow, where all the action is happening.

Extras Turn 15d
The First Zombie cracks its neck and swings its arms, almost like it’s stretching. Then, limbered up, it begins to move like no Zombie ever should! It bolts forward, its long strides eating up the ground at a frightening pace, sprinting headlong even around corners. It sprints over 30 inches and makes it from Blue’s Starting Zone all the way to the Inner Ring and it looks like it’s headed straight for Blue’s Keyzone.

The First Zombie is a Hero whose feats are limited to the purely physical.

Extras Turn 15e
Around the corner, the Oni and his Bear work in perfect tandem. He turns and cuts the blue zombie in half, finally dropping the creature, while the bear rips the green zombie’s head from its shoulders. The zombie stumbles but does not yet fall.

Blue Turn 15a
The twin ninjas actions speak louder than words and they say, “See ya, wouldn’t want to be ya!” The two use their SN Dice to boost their movement into Blue’s Keyzone, hoping to make the next level and leave their former boss behind as they ascend. The Oni roars as he sees them bolt past, “How dare you attempt to leave my service, you craven cowards!” But really, what do you expect when you hire ninjas?

Each Ninja has a SuperNatural d4. Originally, the ninjas possessed no SN Dice, just the like other minions (Robots, Pirates, Skeletons, Thugs). They were just minifigs with swords. However, since Blue was the only person to bid on them and he no doubt did so because Ninjas are undeniably supercool (although how they’re cooler than a Dual Katana Wielding Samurai Oni riding a Demon Bear beats me, but to each his own), I decided to give them some juice. Enjoy.

Yellow Turn 15c
Undeadbro realizes he’s weaponless and runs back to pick up the dropped pistol just as Firebeard gains the second level and slams down the hatch, locking it tight. Medikbro moves into position to sprint down the hall next turn.

Yellow Turn 15d
Snake Yellow slithers down the hall toward the key. He prepares to shed his skin to gain a few extra inches of movement but ultimately this proves unnecessary. He obtains the Key and Yellow gains access to Level Three as the ladder slams down!

Yellow Turn 15e
Mr. Daggers bolts down the hall behind his leader, making it just far enough to pop open the last chest on the way by. Yellow gains +1 CP.

Hunter Turn 15a
Hair boosts his agility with his SN Dice and leaps to the top of the Quad wall divider. He drops down easily and moves into point blank range of the surprised Undeadbro, who sees his lives passing before his eyes, again. Hair opens fire…and misses completely. Undeadbro lol’s and prepares his own action in response. From the other side of the wall on Yellow’s blocked off Red Path, they can both hear the sizzling sound of Armor’s spell, written on the wall with his own innards, melting through the tough metal.

Hunter Turn 15b
He leaves his SN dice working on the wall and wanders over to pop the nearby chest. Hunters gain +2 CP.

The spell works by reducing the armor of the wall by the SN dice placed there. I mentioned before that the only thing likely to bring down a wall quickly would be a Heroic Feat. The wall’s 4d10 armor is the reason why. In the spirit of the spell, I’ve decided to allow the effect to be cumulative, on Inanimate Objects only. This first round of the spell, the hunter scored both a Crit and a Fumble, which was really pretty funny. The armor boosted to 35 as a result but he managed to weaken it by 8 points. For purposes of this particular spell only, I’m keeping the armor roll and just subtracting whatever the SN dice roll each turn from the new total.

Hunter Turn 15c
Bandanna attempts magiks beyond his ken in trying to summon an Ice Storm in Green’s Keyzone. He fails spectacularly, rolling a Snake Eyes Fumble. The effect triggers in an altogether different fashion than he’d expected, flash-freezing his legs to the floor and sending out a gentle wave of frost to blanket the area around him.

Blue Turn 15b
While the Medik takes cover behind the group, Blue Android and his new pistoleer repeat their earlier tactic and strategically withdraw whilst opening fire on Red. The enemy Android barely, barely, weathers the assault.

Like, I mean one more point of damage and he would have been scrap metal.

Red Android Turn 15
Red Android realizes he’s too damn big to chase down that skinny hallway after them, unless he turns sideways and reduces his combat effectiveness by half. Or whoever is controlling him does. Anyway, he decides on a different tactic and retreats down the opposite hallway toward Blue’s Keyzone, knowing they’ve got to come this way sometime.

Orange Turn 15a
Orange’s Medik and Pistoleer step forward, hands raised in a non-aggressive fashion, and attempt to talk the WageMage into a parley. Meanwhile, Spy moves up and pops the Golden Chest. She obtains a Heroic Item! A clone of the Warden’s personal controller handset, actually, and just what she always wanted. Well, close, anyway. It appears that the Warden and his team divined her goal and have finally succeeded in shutting her out of the essential systems (they think). However, to keep things interesting for the audiences at home, they’ve provided her with a duplicate anyway. Spy knows that it’s probably missing a few functions but she’ll take what she can get…until she can crawl back into the system in any case. Her shotgunner moves up behind her.

Orange Turn 15b
She then turns to the WageMage. “Welcome to the party, Sir. Let me cut to the chase. With this device, I can cause untold chaos and unspeakable destruction. Not to mention, I myself have several murderous secrets hidden up my sleeve. I won’t bore you, I’m sure you’ve been briefed. So, my proposition is this: a temporary alliance. Together, think of the sheer bloody mayhem we’ll cause. What do you say, shall we get down to business?”

Also, as Scythe says, because Minifig Tits.

WageMage Turn 15a
The WageMage grins an evil little grin. Then, in a blur of motion, he knocks the Medik’s tool from his grasp, picks the unsuspecting healer up with one hand, and slams him hard into the wall. The sound of something splintering echoes through the enclosed space and blood splatters the wall.

WageMage Turn 15b
Turning to face the rest of Orange Team, the mage casually lifts the Medik above his head and tears him in half. Blood fountains and all the while, the WageMage’s death’s head grin never wavers.

WageMage Turn 15c
He steps forward, not a single drop of blood on his immaculate green suit. “I accept.”

Green Turn 15a
Little Jack grows weary of burning and stares intimidatingly at the roaring inferno engulfing his flesh. The flames quiver, then sputter and go out.

Green Turn 15b
That done, the giant spins his axe in his grip and slams Bandanna Hunter over the head with the flat of the blade. The blow is so powerful, it drives the hunter straight through the brittle frozen floor and into the access tunnels below. The attack doesn’t kill the Hunter, but it definitely succeeds in getting him out of Little Jack’s face for the moment.

Bandanna Hunter can begin his movement from the access hatch at the end of Green’s Level Two Keyzone at the beginning of Hunter’s next turn or from any other access hatch during Hunter Turn 17. Hunter’s choice.

Green Turn 15c
Little Jack decides that he wants to consume Master sphincter’s soul, so that the previous leader’s power and influence will live on in him. The Tower agrees. Little Jack gains +4 Inches of Movement, a SuperNatural (Ninja) d6, and sphincter’s Soul will serve as Little Jack’s Heroic Artifakt (which expands his cliché’s repertoire and provides him with a second die on feat rolls, as normal). In addition, Jack spends the remainder of his refund on a damn fire shield, because fuck that shit. With that, Jack hops the ice hole in the floor and grabs up the Key, gaining access to Level Three!

Round Fifteen Overview A

Round Fifteen Overview B

Round Fifteen Overview C

Round Fifteen Overview D

Round Fifteen Overview E

Round Fifteen Overview F

Overview Breakdown
Yellow Team

Abilities
4CP

Equipment
Snake Yellow: Fang Dagger (Poison Shiv 2), Longbow
Medikbro: Medik Tool, Shield, Pistol (Holstered)
Mr. Daggers: Pathfinder, Half Dead (+1+1d6 Armor), Dagger, Dagger
Undeadbro: Pistol
Firebeard: SN 3d4, Hook

Purchased and Spent Explosive

Loot Score: 5

Kill Table
9 Kills
4 Deaths

Kill Score: 5

Badass Moments
Yellow Turn 3a, Snake Coil Leap Attack
Yellow Turn 3b, Improbable Dagger Throw
Yellow Turn 4b, The Angry Arrow
Yellow Turn 6c, Arrow Explosivo
Yellow Turn 11a, Serpentoxin
Yellow Turn 13b, UnUndead
Yellow Turn 14b-c, Super Ker-Triage

Badass Score: 7

Objectives Obtained
Level One Key, Level Two Key

Headhunters

Abilities
6CP
1d6 SN, 1d6 SN with Pistol

Equipment
Armor Hunter: SuperNatural Pistol
Bandanna Hunter: SuperNatural Pistol
Hair Hunter: SuperNatural Pistol

Loot Score: 2

Kill Table
5 Kills
3 Deaths

Kill Score: 2

Badass Moments
Hunters Turn 10b, Tipping the Scales
Hunter Turn 11a, Long Shot
Hunter Turn 11b, Ribbed for Pain
Hunter Turn 13e-g, A Jackhammer In Motion Tends to Stay In Motion
Hunter Turn 14a and f, The Dragon Maneuver

Badass Score: 6

Objectives Obtained
4 Kills

Grey Team

Abilities:
9CP
Phasic SuperNatural Dice

Equipment
Gold12: SN d12, Rite of Worth, Armored Suit (+1d4 Armor), 2 Knives, Heroic Artifakt (holstered)
UtiliGrey: Golden Gun, Knife, Knife (sheathed)
Grey: Golden Gun, Knife, Knife (sheathed)
Grey: 2 Knives

Loot Score: 10

Kill Table
6 Kills
3 Deaths

Kill Score: 3

Badass Moments
Grey Turn 4h, The Wall Grab
Grey Turn 6d, Phantom Ride Kill Assist
Grey Turn 8a, Phantom Switch
Grey Turn 11a-c, Tactikal Advance
Grey Turn 12d-e, Blood Blade
Grey Turn 13, Disbelieve the Illusion

Objectives Obtained
Accessed Level Two
Accessed Level Three

Blue Team

Abilities
2CP

Equipment
Blue Android: Hardsuit, SN d6, Android Body 2
Medik: Medik Tool
Pistoleer: Pistol
Ninja: SN d4, Katana
Ninja: SN d4, Katana

Loot Score: 5

Kill Table
4 Kills
5 Deaths

Kill Score: -1

Badass Moments
Blue Turn 1, Wasting the Pathfinder for temporary gain
Blue Turn 3a, Casual Chasm Redshirt
Blue Turn 4a, This Is BrikWars!
Blue Turn 7b and Pirates Turn 7, Mecha Madness!
Blue Turn 11a, With Casual Ease
Hunter Turn 12b-c, Spiritual Catapult

Objectives Obtained
Level One Key

Orange Team

Abilities
2CP
Map Dominance
Energy Requisition

Equipment
Orange Spy: Heroic Item (Cloned Controller), Shotgun
Shotgunner: Shotgun
Pistoleer: Pistol

Loot Score: 3

Kill Table
4 Kills
3 Deaths

Kill Score: 1

Badass Moments
Orange Turn 4a, A Perfect Shot
Orange Turn 5a-b, Graceful Execution
Green Turn 6b, RedShirt to Beam Up
Orange Turn 7b-c, Modified Turret
Orange Turn 8b-d, Command Cascade
Orange Turn 10a and c, Divide and Conquer
Orange Turn 11d, The Old Switcheroo
Orange Turn 15b, Ask and Ye Shall Receive

Badass Score: 8

Objectives Obtained
Level One Key

Green Team

Abilities
12CP
Fleet Foresters, Trapmasters

Equipment
Little Jack: SN Ninja d6, Fire Shield, +4 Movement, +1d10 Armor, Last Man Standing, Axe, Heroic Artifakt (Master sphincter’s Soul)

Loot Score: 2

Kill Table
6 Kills
5 Deaths

Kill Score: 1

Badass Moments
Green Turn 3a and 5a, Pathfinder Trapmaster
Orange Turn 4b, Medik Redshirt
Green Turn 4c, Puts on Shades
Green Turn 6a-b, Tactikal Supremacy
Green Turn 8a, Ninja Moves
Green Turn 9a-b, Staging an Icy Reception
Green Turn 11, The Green Mile
Green Turn 13 and Hunter Responses, A Jackhammer in Motion Tends to Stay in Motion
Green Turn 15a-b, Problem Solved, Problem Staying Solved

Badass Score: 9

Objectives Obtained
Level One Key, Level Two Key

Overview Comparison
Construction Points
Yellow: 4
Hunter: 6
Grey: 9
Blue: 2
Orange: 2
Green: 12

Loot Score
Yellow: 5
Hunter: 2
Grey: 10
Blue: 5
Orange: 3
Green: 2

Kill Score
Yellow: 5
Hunter: 2
Grey: 3
Blue: -1
Orange: 1
Green: 1

Badass Score
Yellow: 7
Hunter: 6
Grey: 6
Blue: 6
Orange: 8
Green: 9

Objectives
Yellow: Level One Key, Level Two Key
Hunter: 4 Kills
Grey: Level Two Access, Level Three Access
Blue: Level One Key
Orange: Level One Key
Green: Level One Key, Level Two Key

Total Scores
Yellow: 13
Hunter: 4
Grey 10
Blue: 8
Orange: 10
Green: 0

Yellow maintains a bare lead, with Grey and Orange maintaining their second place. Most significantly, this turn, Green maintains last place but does so by dropping to 0. Still, no one is in the negatives.

Send Orders for Round Sixteen!
Last edited by Quantumsurfer on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Zupponn » Tue May 27, 2014 12:40 am

I sure have made a mess...

:twisted:
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:32 pm

Zupponn wrote:I sure have made a mess...

Yeah, it's pretty brilliant. :D

I'm waiting on Orange orders for Sixteen. But there is no rush, so please take as much time as you need.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby The Shadowscythe » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:
Zupponn wrote:I sure have made a mess...

Yeah, it's pretty brilliant. :D

I'm waiting on Orange orders for Sixteen. But there is no rush, so please take as much time as you need.

Shit, sorry dude. With everything else going on I lost track. Orders inbound.

The Shadowscythe

Postby The Shadowscythe » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:43 pm

It is done. Let the chaos. BEGIN.

The Shadowscythe

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:35 pm

It's absolutely fine. I understand.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:18 pm

Something came up. Hopefully, I'll be able to do the next turn tomorrow.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

PreviousNext

Return to LDD Forum