RARCom

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Re: RARCom

Post by dilanski » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:24 am

Quantumsurfer wrote:Aside from the misspelling, it's actually rather nice.
I'm glad I kept the GNUIMP file for once...
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:07 pm

:)
Yeah, happens to me all the time. I've made a habit out of saving most of my workfiles.

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:39 pm

Needs to become a real SHIP!
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Post by Vami IV » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:13 am

Holy fuck, this thing makes me not want to build a navy. It'd be always dwarfed by this one ship.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:58 pm

Vami IV wrote:Holy fuck, this thing makes me not want to build a navy. It'd be always dwarfed by this one ship.
LDD awaits, it just takes some time and patience.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:09 pm

RARCom has many top secret projects, kept well beyond the view of even the Ministry of Order. Of these projects, Evolution, as it is loosely designated is one of the highest. This project aims to make all warships as they currently exist, completely and irrevocably obsolete in all definitions as an absolute. By reducing there entire crew compliment down to a single biologically and mechanically engineered pilot, who interfaces with the vessel at a neural level. This gives the pilot immediate and exact control over the entirety of the vessel, letting them out react any conventionally crewed vessel.

Finally, in the event of a pilots chamber being breached, an instant neural transcribing process begins, essentially recording the exact state of the brain, and in real time, recording it onto a fresh cloned body of the pilot.

While the technology is still in development, RARCom has built the first vessel to be able to utilise it. The Enigma-Class is an exploration vessel, built entirely to take advantage of the reduced crew compliment, filling its hull space with labs and equipment. As well, the vessel has a large amount of carrier space, including configurable room for fighter squadrons, or up to 4 Beagle research craft.

On top, this vessel is by far RARCom's stealthiest, utilising Null+ technology, on top of one of the low observability hull design.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:13 pm

So you finally finished the Barghest you were building on livestream that one night. Nice. Also, way to introduce capsuleers into kanon...

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:17 pm

Theblackdog wrote:So you finally finished the Barghest you were building on livestream that one night. Nice. Also, way to introduce capsuleers into kanon...
Technically not capsuleers, as no Jovian hydrostatic capsules. Regardless though, I want to take the idea to a slightly different way than where it currently is.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:12 am

dilanski wrote:By reducing there entire crew compliment down to a single biologically and mechanically engineered pilot, who interfaces with the vessel at a neural level. This gives the pilot immediate and exact control over the entirety of the vessel, letting them out react any conventionally crewed vessel.
You mean like every Briktoid Ship ever?

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:57 am

Whiteagle wrote:
dilanski wrote:By reducing there entire crew compliment down to a single biologically and mechanically engineered pilot, who interfaces with the vessel at a neural level. This gives the pilot immediate and exact control over the entirety of the vessel, letting them out react any conventionally crewed vessel.
You mean like every Briktoid Ship ever?
The difference comes down to the parallel processing capability of the brain, and it's ability to better perceive a threat, and therefore react.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:20 am

dilanski wrote:The difference comes down to the parallel processing capability of the brain, and it's ability to better perceive a threat, and therefore react.
Dil, don't talk organic computing to me...

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:29 pm

Whiteagle wrote:
dilanski wrote:The difference comes down to the parallel processing capability of the brain, and it's ability to better perceive a threat, and therefore react.
Dil, don't talk organic computing to me...
I'll do what I want... But I don't want to, so nyah.

Anyway, onto something I thought I posted literal months ago.

Libradons are the classification for RARComs long range rapid response craft, and the class immediately above the giants. Comparable to light frigates, but lacking in weaponry, they carry reduced lab space, instead focusing on sensor equipment, analytical capability, and basic recovery gear. They will either find themselves first on the scene to a high priority recovery, or dispatched to determine a potential discovery is worth allocating more resources to. In the case of the least intensive recoveries, or ones that require a low profile, such as 'recovering' equipment and cultural artefacts, they will be sent alone.

The Inquirer class is one of the most basic of this class, focusing slightly more on sensor capability, and lacking anything beyond compact lasers to defend itself.

Originally I wanted something that resembled the Briktoid transport craft, a non-descript sleek shell of a craft, but the designed changed to include the necessary greebly bits. As a side note, this is by far the smallest craft to (somewhat uselessly) include a Trans-Tunnel Extension array.

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:46 pm

You are an inspiration to us all.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:31 am

Collegaeta form the backbone of RARCom's fleet. Performing numerous key functions, including being a standoff option when other groups are interested in acquiring the same item. As such, RARCom is always pushing for increasingly large and powerful vessels to meet head on the often thoroughbred warships they may have to go up against.

The latest class of vessel to be fielded is the Collegaeta Archon. This starfaring city could be described as a mobile university armed with heavy artillery. Packing 16 compact fire-tempest turrets, along with a small support fleet housed within its internal hangars. The usual covert operations suite that is included with most RARCom vessels is also present, allowing a Archon to avoid drawing attention to itself when investigating a currently uncontested artifact.

The real value of such a vessel however is not in its firepower. While the Archon class will be expected to hold its own in a standoff against Trattorian and Scythian vessels, the real purpose is to allow a mobile base of operations from which RARCom can operate. Numerous laboratories and testing chambers fill the hull, alongside lecture halls and classrooms so that RARCom can train its next generation of scientists, researchers and field operatives in the best possible manner.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:15 pm

Beaut as always.