NAGA Class Immortal Cruiser

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

NAGA Class Immortal Cruiser

Postby The Shadowscythe » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:04 am

As Dilanski posted a little while ago, he wondered if there was an exclusive control over the Immortal Empire in Warheads stead. I personally believe this is a load of bull-crap. We just bounced awesome ideas off of one another until eventually we came out with a rough narrative of sorts and then built if from there. Much like the Britannians, the Immortals are such a widespread and mishmashed force of cultures and styles that anyone can effectively post anything, from Samurai Techno-Barbarians to Nazi-esque hyper elites and the whole thing still fits.

So yeah, I have control over nothing - really. But he did inspire me to build this.

- NAGA Class Immortal Cruiser -

Bigger than a destroyer, yet smaller than a battleship - the Cruiser class is often a hybrid of weights, classes, armaments and speed that place vessels like the Naga in a gray zone in regular starship classification.

The Naga - as a cruiser, is a high speed interception ship. Making use of its incredibly oversized engines to achieve high speeds more commonly seen on frigates or even slow speed gunboats, it shifts across the battlefield like a force of lightening, delivering crippling blows with its eight Ion-Cannons - the dual prongs building up a blast capable to shredding shields apart, knocking out independent systems and frying enemy personel through the blast of Ionised particles alone.

Backing up these eight cannons are another sixteen black-hole missiles located in launch tubes just behind the main bridge, moderately thick armour and reasonable shielding for its class - but its designed to get into combat with utterly devastating alpha-strikes and then escape before any other force can possibly react.
Attachments
Immortal Naga Cruiser.zip
(18.23 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Re: NAGA Class Immortal Cruiser

Postby dilanski » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:48 am

Oh my, what a lovely little beasty are you? Anyway, this was my little twisted design:

Misanthrope Attack Ship

3 forward centerline dark energy accelerators and 10 dark matter flail batteries. With 5 Aerospike thrusters to achieve fighter like accelerations. It'd arguably be the most powerful 'Battleship+' form factor ship around in a 1 on 1 engagement, simply because a single battleship would never be able to hit it without setting up a crossfire, although the more ships in the fight, the more the ships glass cannon nature becomes apparent.

Originally I asked as I had an alternate colour scheme in mind:

I pulled a bunch of colours off the legacy section, and tried to see if I'd get the spirits of builders passed to guide me. I quite like it still, as it's completely left-field, I don't think anyone here has even used some of these colours. But yeah, I'm still up for tweaking the first one to better meet the aesthetic of scythes model.

Edit: Cool, I thought the upload function was admin/high level mod only.
Attachments
Misanthrope.zip
Immortal Misanthrope Attack Ship
(40.51 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Last edited by dilanski on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
o/
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby Silverdream » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:02 pm

Both of these look fantastic.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Theblackdog » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:54 pm

I love these, especially the Naga's engine and the Misanthrope's... everything. I also like how Scythe envisioned the ion guns.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Return to LDD Forum