Operation Dominions Call (Bavaria)

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Operation Dominions Call (Bavaria)

Postby dilanski » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:58 pm

So, I now have about 12 weeks, where I have no college, no work, and no commitments, until I head off to University. Meaning the battle of Bavaria is essentially now or never, as I'll certainly never have this opportunity again. I know it'll take quite a bit of time just to run the battle through, but I also have to build most of the battlespaces, get fleets together, and actually get my WIP rules working. On my own this could take weeks, tracking down every ship for individual factions, making ships for those without (I'll remind you something like the Glasgow takes 4 odd hours on the actual model, and another 4 on failed prototypes).

I want everyone taking part to take a level of responsibility for themselves. What I'm asking is everyone provide a single file of all of there 'active' ships in separate named .LXF's, no multi ship files (I'm looking at you Scythe). And a second file of anything they think will be useful. I'm also asking all files be posted to a hosting site, with a link directly in here.

Now if anyone doesn't know what I'm on about, let me illuminate you. Bavaria is the only remaining element of the Third Alliance, the coalition that a group of AN sympathetic forces thought at the battles of New York. The TA was routed at the second battle, with its members either dropping there flags, or dropping off the radar entirely. Bavaria however has stuck with the cause, and in its core worlds is amassing warships, as well as putting its Magicians Alliance to work.

The newly christened NATO wants to helicopter dick haze Bavaria out of existence, to prove a point about there massive 9001 RPM war machine of massive space peens. To this end, everyone is invited, if you want to Join NATO, the elitist of elitist groups, or answer Bavaria's call for aid, then it's up to you, all you need is a fleet of LDD spaceships, and 12 weeks of guaranteed web access.

The Battle Plan

This battle will be split up into 4 smaller concurrent engagements, each will have it's own objectives for both sides that will confer victory points to a tally, with the winner being the Coalition, NATO or Bavaria+Allies (Or even the Third Alliance if that rears its head), with the most victory points when the battle 'ends' either because the losing fleet is routed, or as I'm balls deep in University, whichever comes first. The four 'shards' are:

High Orbit of Bavaria: As it says on the tin. This is the showcase battle, minimal scenery, maximum spaceships. This fight will feature super-capitals by the bucket load, so if you built one, now may be the time to see it in action (There is a tentative 4000-5000 part limit on supers, so please 'optimise' your part counts, LDD has no gravity, so as long as it's one model, I don't care about good building techniques).

Vanderheim Secret Weapons Facility: This is a fight over secret weapons, the Bavarians will want to evacuate, launch or destroy them as quickly as possible, while NATO races to capture them.

Zugkräftigstadterburg Space Elevator: I built an actual space elevator in LDD for this, so it better be awesome. The elevator is moving civilians, troops, and material in order to evacuate, however it was never built to manage this level of an evacuation, leading to 'clogging'. NATO will want to make sure as little as possible is saved. While Bavaria will want to evacuate everything not bolted down.

Hel Ice Belt: The NATO forces will be arriving in style, which means... well I'll save that catchphrase for later. The point however is that NATO will want to hold the Ice Belt as a staging point for bringing in more forces, while Bavaria will want to boot them out and into a less advantageous position.

So, ask yourself if you want to take part, I currently have; Praetoria, Trattoria, USA, Scythia, Assyria, Space Nazis, Britannia, TLA, Venice, Denmark, down as participating, but as I said, please just drop a file with your spaceships down below. I want to start in about 3 weeks, although that is tentative based on what I decide I need to build.

Edit: Add yourself Here
Last edited by dilanski on Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Re: Operation Dominions Call (Bavaria)

Postby Colette » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:13 pm

Briktoid, RIN, and possibly MASS will assist Bavaria.

EDIT: also Luchardsko
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Silverdream » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:01 pm

I'll email/post the Venetian ships on the wiki. Which would you prefer?

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby dilanski » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:29 pm

Silverdream wrote:I'll email/post the Venetian ships on the wiki. Which would you prefer?

If you can get all the .LXF's into a file, then I don't mind. Try and get the individual names easy to read at a glance [Type][Class], so Emperor Battleship for example.
ImageImageImage
dilanski

Postby Falk » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:26 pm

Colette wrote:EDIT: also Luchardsko

I'm not sure if I'll be available for the whole summer, but I should get internet access at least once a week as far as I know. I have been building some ships though, I'll try to get them posted soon.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Silent-sigfig » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:57 pm

I could play, I guess.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby dilanski » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:03 pm

Falk wrote:
Colette wrote:EDIT: also Luchardsko

I'm not sure if I'll be available for the whole summer, but I should get internet access at least once a week as far as I know.

I understand 14 weeks of not going anywhere is a big ask, so I'm going to have a force set up, where whoever would be above you can take control in the event of orders not arriving.
ImageImageImage
dilanski

Postby Brikguy0410 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:15 pm

I guess I will participate as well, but I don't know how post the .LXF files there, or what a .LXF file is
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert

Postby dilanski » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:56 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:I guess I will participate as well, but I don't know how post the .LXF files there, or what a .LXF file is

Don't worry about it, everyone on chat decided to pre-emptively ban you from taking part, so that we can jump straight to stage one booty bothered, and save the whole banning you when you decide not to play nice.
ImageImageImage
dilanski

Postby Duerer » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:11 pm

The Confederation of Polonia would like to participate in that battle and side with the NATO.

But could also answer me someone, how to upload ldd. files to the old wiki, please?
Duerer
Minifig

Postby dilanski » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:17 pm

Duerer wrote:The Confederation of Polonia would like to participate in that battle and side with the NATO.

But could also answer me someone, how to upload ldd. files to the old wiki, please?

Put them into a file, and you can upload the file to the New Wiki.
ImageImageImage
dilanski

Postby Duerer » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:31 pm

dilanski wrote:Put them into a file, and you can upload the file to the New Wiki.

Tried to log in, but it wouldn't take my password. Do I need to have some kind of permission to use that wiki?
Duerer
Minifig

Postby Vami IV » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:56 pm

God damnit, I would participate, but my enemies are supporting TA and I can't be looking like the Lannisters here. I will draw no support for Peaches. If the Assyrians rear their heads and I have ample ships, then I will honor the Atlantian Treaty.
Last edited by Vami IV on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Vami IV
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby dilanski » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:54 pm

Duerer wrote:Tried to log in, but it wouldn't take my password. Do I need to have some kind of permission to use that wiki?

Oh yes, you need to be approved by a wiki admin. Your best using another file sharing service.

Vami IV wrote:God damnit, I would participate, but my enemies are supporting TA and I can't be looking like the Lannisters here. I will draw no support for Peaches. If the Assyrians rear there heads and I have ample ships, then I will honor the Atlantian Treaty.

You could always come in as an indie. Or just throw the politics to the wind, and come in and 'find a reason' to join a side.

I was running an LDD stress test with the elevator to see what kind of ships I could get in

This was taken with fancy rendering, and I still had room for several more ships before movement lagged (I'm expecting to fit 40 odd ships into this one shard). I even managed to fit a USA super carrier into another stress test.
ImageImageImage
dilanski

Postby Silverdream » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:34 pm

Duerer wrote:The Confederation of Polonia would like to participate in that battle and side with the NATO.

Polania is siding with the Space Nazis? I did not see this coming.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
kaka pants

Next

Return to LDD Forum